/who/ - Doctor Who General

Who is the Captain edition?

Last edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qwoWo4ChYuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f4u_94-3W8E
youtu.be/e1lAHEaOg6w?t=130
twitter.com/DWTheFanShow/status/927542753298407424
stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/98619044/doctor-who-why-jodie-whittaker-was-reluctant-to-reveal-her-timelord-status
youtube.com/watch?v=J3FtaiVdTw4
twitter.com/tuckerspatch/status/895552378237329408
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To give everyone a bit more time to catch up, the current plan is to do the next book club post (and last one for ST2) on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

The stories for the post will be:
>Thrice Upon A Time, by Neo
>The Soul Bug Finale, by Catharticspurious
>The Healer, by Rachael Riley
>And The Clock Strikes 13, by Gallifrey_Immigrant
>Framing Story Part V: A Land of Fictions, by Gallifrey_Immigrant
>Iu, by Aee Ie

youtube.com/watch?v=qwoWo4ChYuQ

Is this the best scene of NuWho?

TRIGGERED

>FACE ME MAGICIAN!

Bors was so based. I miss him.

Best anniversary special: The Three Doctors
Worst anniversary special: The Day of the Doctor

Solely based on how good they are at celebrating the past of the series.

we have more than enough episodes celebrating the past

Between "Hartnell feebly acting on his deathbed" and "past Doctor faces badly photoshopped onto stand-ins with completely the wrong build" I'd say they're fairly even.

It's amazing how much of the wiki is just people sharing their headcanons about how various dr who characters have sex.

that finale scene of dotd was honestly amazing in theaters, I remember I thinking "wow, bravo moffat" and then I came to /who/ and saw it up close with screenaps. forever ruined.

Almost certainly the man who invented TARDIS-looking police boxes.

source?

I really hope the special has a sequence set inside the Doctor's mind. A Circular Time type thing would be perfect for Moffat to bow out on.

The pegging article, it's actually impressive.

Defo the best entrance by any Doctor in a new series. Fuck the haters, I love it.

does /who/ not like it?

I like The Day of the Doctor but it DOES feel more like an 8th anniversary special of Nu-Who rather than the 50th of Doctor Who in general.

reminder that the day of the doctor is closer in time to the end of time part 2 than it is to now

Annoyingly, this could've been overcome if they'd cast McGann rather than Hurt.

Maybe, but my preference is the Brigadier's Grandad, that would be so so so cool.

Absolutely. I'd also have liked Peter Davison, Colin and Sylvester to cameo as different characters. Eccentric UNIT scientists or something.

Hurt was based though.

there's absolutely no way he isn't gilbert mackenzie trench

Honestly yeah, it would still be fanservice, but it least it would have some sort of an emotional value.

why would he be in it? 1 never met the brigadier

What if Moffat does this but makes it actually good? Like he reveals some never-before-seen poetic insight into how the shape and features of a police box are secretly a perfect metaphor for the goodness in the universe, or some shit.

Yes but the character is total shit. He was built up as a dark warrior Doctor but was actually just a guilt-ridden lovable old grandad who refused to even shoot at the space Nazis during the biggest baddest war in the history of the universe. Ridiculous.

of course he will, and that's when the doctors will make peace with regenerating
maybe he'll make an observation about the two police boxes looking different but still having the same purpose or something

By the time of the twelfth Doctor the Brig has appeared in some way for every era of who since he first appeared.

It would be interesting to se the difference between the way 1 and 12 regard 'man frozen in time before his death' vs 'the father/grandfather of a close friend frozen in time before his death'

So how long until people start shitting on Chibnall and say they miss the "moffat golden age" like with RTD? Moffat got like a year grace period because of S5 before it started.

>He was built up as a dark warrior Doctor
No he wasn't.

The Brigadier has already appeared in the Thirteenth Doctor's era, due to a short story from Candy Jar Publishing's Brigadier novel line.
She's also been mentioned in Iris Wildthyme stuff.

Fuck waiting, I've already started.

No, it couldn't really. My problem with Day is not which Doctors are in it, it's that it revolves around the Time War, which is solely the new series' thing.

They could at least have gotten them to record new voice lines for the "all thirteen" scene instead of using archive audio.

Wait what? When was this?

The last scenes of The Name of the Doctor and The Night of the Doctor.

that's how the doctor saw himself. I think the war doctor turning out to be just as doctor-ish as the rest of them was the point - do you really think the doctor was right to blame himself for what happened in the time war? did he deserve the endless self-loathing? no - he perceived his actions as less forgivable than they really were, so war wasn't as irredeemable as his subsequent incarnations made him out to be.

this, the doctor hated himself because he thought he blew up gallifrey and the daleks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bro do you even the Fist of Man!?
youtube.com/watch?v=f4u_94-3W8E

Rude desu. I'll admit i'm more hype for Jodie than the actual writing but we should give him a chance at least. Maybe he'll surprise.

I bet you hate hell bent.

what did I just watch?

youtu.be/e1lAHEaOg6w?t=130

Oh no. Nothing menacing or foreboding about the music, direction, acting, dialogue etc. when the War Doctor appears in this scene.

Thank you for the compliment.

/who/ would a foreman fanfiction be elligible for st 2.5?

I'd like to take up a challenge and see if I could take the material they have and try writing a great doctor who story. Maybe.

Yeah I don't see why not.

Yes, it's eligible.

TFW there's literally nothing about the Chibnall era I'm hyped about,

Haha, time to delve into the maddness then

Pleb

Not even Bradders?

I bet you like Name of the Doctor

I actually wanted to write a Foreman story for Shit Trips 2, but never got the time. Look forward to yours!

The fist of man!

Chris "Can't Write" Chibnall
Jodie "Can't Act" Whittaker
even less episodes
yet more human companions from modern-day England
a gameshow host who *might* be good

What's there to be hyped about?

It actually would've fit into that fanfilm fic pretty well.

It already does!

>jodie cant act
Bait

Maybe that was a bit harsh. But she's certainly got the charisma and gravitas of a wet towel.

new titles/theme?
new tardis interior?
a whole new aesthetic in general is enough for me to be at least a little bit excited, but i am also really happy they chose jodie whittaker

Ok

Why else do you think they've given her three companions in her first series? The BBC aren't confident that she can carry the show by herself.

Chibnall is known for his love of ensemble casts. Look at 42 and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Even The Power of Three had Brian.

Chris Chibnall prefers to write for ensemble casts, so he's given himself an ensemble cast, you dolt

>tfw regardless of how well Jodie does in the part her career will probably tank afterwards due to the curse of who

nah shes still on for Trust Me s2 so it will be fine

Reminder that time lords could fly during the UNIT era

Will anyone even watch that after how retardedly the first series ended?

>implying they can't fly now

Remember when Ten hovered?

Tom and Jon had the right attitude. They realised how lucky they were to be playing such a beloved, iconic character and rightly milked the part til they were sick of it. None of this Matt "Monster Face" Smith nonsense of using the show as a stepping stone to attempt a career in Hollywood. You don't know what you've got til it's gone...

Tennant, Piper and Gillan seem to have done pretty well post-Who. I'm hoping that Jodie pulls a Tennant and continues to star in some decent dramas, whilst also getting some roles in high-profile movies.

Also, I get the impression that Jodie acts for the art, and because she loves and enjoys her work, and not because she wants to be high-profile or rich. I think she'd be happy starring in fairly obscure indie films like Adult Life Skills for the majority of her career.

How did it end?

Only 4 episodes.

>curse of doctor who
>paul mcgann an award winning stage actor on soaps and in multimillion dollar movies
>eccleston in marvel and raking in hand over fist
>smith in critically acclaimed netflix drama and multimillion terminator
>mccoy in the hobbit movies making more money than he knows what to do with

There's a doctor who curse?

what is some essential Jodiekino? i want to get into the mood before the xmas special

twitter.com/DWTheFanShow/status/927542753298407424

ADULT
LIFE
SKILLS

Best film ever made - t. Jodie Whittaker

Based Moff always gives good interviews, he will make this bearable.

thanks lad. currently downloading Wired 2008 and that one

A Thousand Kisses Deep - psychological surreal stuff

Adult Life Skills - a good comedy

Entire History Of You - Jodie's got a secondary role, but she gets in some good acting, especially at the end

>Jodie's doctor boyfriend, who knows that she's an impostor, is helping her hide her identity
>the senior doctor is an alcoholic who fucks up one busy evening, almost causing a patient to die
>she wants Jodie to lie and cover for her
>boyfriend tells Jodie to tell the truth and let the senior doctor take the fall
>Jodie reluctantly lies and claims responsibility for the fuck up as she doesn't want to screw over her friend
>meanwhile, Jodie's ex-boyfriend and the father of her daughter moves to Edinburgh and finds out about her pretending to be a doctor
>attempts to blackmail her into returning to Sheffield with him
>current boyfriend shows up and they fight
>daughter wanders off
>ex-boyfriend gets hit by a car
>he's seriously injured and in a coma, but expected to get better
>dies
>implied that the current boyfriend killed him and Jodie suspects as much
>overwhelmed by guilt, she wants to walk away and forget about posing as a doctor
>she's offered the job of senior doctor because the senior doctor admitted to the mistake anyway, in addition to her alcoholism
>Jodie forgets all about her guilt and desire to right her wrongs and accepts to job
>end

attack the block

thanks i'll watch em all

Attack the Block is another good one. As is Trust Me, as it's short and focuses almost entirely on Jodie's character.

>Entire History Of You

First thing I ever saw Jodie in. It's one of my favourite Black Mirror episodes, and she's one of the reasons as to why. She plays her part so well.

An user here also said that White Wedding is surprisingly good, but I haven't seen it myself. Try to check out Venus too if you want to see Jodie as a moody chav teenager.

stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/98619044/doctor-who-why-jodie-whittaker-was-reluctant-to-reveal-her-timelord-status

When?
P.S: Kino in the streamo

Just saw Sylvester in a trailer for something called "Zapped" on Dave. Apparently he was also in Sense8 this year.

It happenned when 13 was first announced. But both people deleted it (maybe BBC jumped on them?).

Gib draw requests pls

A freshly-regenerated Nine wearing War's clothes, please!

Yeah he was in Sense8, he had some scenes with Tuppence Middleton's character. As with the Hobbit, he was basically just in default McCoy mode, but with some extra Scottishness.
youtube.com/watch?v=J3FtaiVdTw4

Draw Thirteen with a purple jacket and a purple witch's hat.

Davros hugging Molloy's teddy bear.
twitter.com/tuckerspatch/status/895552378237329408

Neo and McGanon

TARDIS, doors open, looking out in front of the control panel is (best Doctor) 1 doing the hand on the lapel thing, for extra challenge, colour it like a recolouraton! Thanks if you get round to doing it!

steelworks filming was a hoax

Shatterpoint when

DID THEY?