/STD/

STD is going viral with Season 2, is your body ready?

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14339907
youtube.com/watch?v=mTeh7fvlrdo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love DIS so much bros :D

>Did you like the recent episode?

strawpoll.me/14339907

My body is ready for the CBS DIS Fall Finale!

>Mirror Universe fags

They're right you know

>reposting from last thread since this was last topic being discussed:

STD is supposed to be an Anthology meaning 3 different settings changing each season. Rumor has it from trexperts that this could be the lineup:

Season 1: Mirror Universe
Season 2: Formation of Terran Empire and Section 31 to return to the real universe.
Season 3: Uniting the Kelvin and Prime timelines similar to what ENT did for klingons.

Yes I've liked all DIS episodes

>tv in the 90s
26 episodes one episode a week for 26 weeks
>tv now
17 episodes with a 3 month hiatus in the middle
Hope that gives your uncle enough tine to get his glasses and your little brother enough time to go to the bathroom before the episode starts

You've been debunked
Stop posting this

>Klingon plot started out interesting but they fucked that up
>planet ayyliums shit was dull
>was hoping for some Saru development but nope, he just goes crazy
>Michael is still a mistake
>Ash "totally not a Klingon spy" Tyler is actually alright as a character
>Tilly is still fat and she should've reported gay engineer's weirdness to Lorca straight away
>I still don't understand why they didn't make the doctor guy the CMO. I know he doesn't have any character to speak of, but it seems pointless.
>next episode looks like more boring fighting and pewpews.
great show, 10/10, would shill for.

>Giving a shit about the nomenclature of a show this piss poor

It's an old old joke to refer to the entire franchise as Star Blech, and Discovery has managed to live up to that philosophy even better than Enterprise did.

Call it whatever you want.

Seriously though, we all want to know why never leave Sup Forums, OP

Repost from old thread because I need to know
What is this round mound made of?
Play dough?

>Call it whatever you want.

Dis

it was nowhere near the last thing discussed. take your shit theories home to momma.

ACRONYM POWER RANKINGS:

GOD TIER
1. STD

REDDIT TIER
9000. DIS
9001. DSC

CBS SHILL TIER
900000001. DISCO

In which the shills out themselves in the poll.

All of these are the top theories from all leading trexperts as shown last thread, only thing that post does is put the separate theories together into a single logical theory.

Videos all over youtube prove the mirror theory as valid and section 31 as valid:
Mirror Universe: youtube.com/watch?v=mTeh7fvlrdo

>they refused to cast any white women more beautiful than michael
>we're stuck with this for another 2 seasons and a halfhearted JJ movie

I fucking hope not, the mirror universe is best left as a reason to have jokey/gimmick episodes, not a huge series-wide plot device.

0. Other

>> The studio preferred
Stopped reading right there.

Also, why would you cite reddit on a site that hates reddit?

>it was nowhere near the last thing discussed.
Reality begs to differ sweetie, the fact that STD is in the mirror universe is the hottest leading fan theory, with many fans saying they will never watch star trek again if their wrong.

Hi I'm just here to say this show is shit Ok thanks bye

Everyone calls the show STD.

Once the studio learns to get in touch with what audiences want, their going to be printing money off the sales of their STD merch.

Brainlet humor tier: STD

>Hi I'm just here to say this show is shit Ok thanks bye
Your opinion is shit, look at the facts. Critics have told audiences that STD is not only the best SciFi ever made because it has diversity but it also has a female officer you dimwit. Audiences need to WAKE THE FUCK UP!

>tv in the 90s.
22-24 different 1-2 hour long stories.

>tv now
One or two major plots spread over 10-15 hours.

I like both.
Shit like DS9, farscape, and babylon 5 showed you can have large, overarching plots with "filler" episodes in the middle.

every moment with klingons and burnham on screen is torture

No true fan would call it STD. If you had any respect for the franchise you channers would call it what everyone else does.

>>Ash "totally not a Klingon spy" Tyler is actually alright as a character
If he is, then they've got fuckloads of them. Anyways, Where is the T'kuvma's accolyte faggot at? I didn't see him die, yet here he was, lying in his blood.

well to be fair the writers at SDCC did say they were making it up as they went along which is why the show is so hard to follow and for most people harder to watch.

Even the media uses the correct term STD for the show, only a brainlet who hates star trek would disagree with that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

The big twist is that Ash is not a Klingon.

>you channers
Are you telling me... You're not one of us?

As a life long Star Trek fan of over 20 years, change can be difficult for you older types who cant adjust to STD which is what real trekkies are using for the show.

You will come around user since its already canon to any real scifi fan since STD has been the name of the show since before it even aired.

Is he likable? I must have missed that part. He's coming on way too strong, and the "romance", such as it is, is dumb and forced.

>Star Trek fans who understand the naming convention
DIS

>CBS shills
DSC and DISCO

>Underage
STD

The internet and real world disagrees with you since real Star Trek fans use STD as the name for the show.

only low test beta males speak ebonics or street slang with dis and dat.

Mature and real trek fans all use STD which is why its all over social media. If you cant embrace change and are triggered so easily maybe you need to go back to your safe space sweetie.

Um I don't think so sweetie. All Star Trek fans I know call it DIS

Did anyone save each of the mega links? Wanna share with a friend.

Thats a shill site called memalpha bought by cbs same way Disney bought off wookiepedia.

The fact you dont know that and are arguing against the Star Trek fan community where everyone uses the term STD shows how much of a shill you are.

Don't bother. Nothing of consequence happened.

No real STD fan would go on that lame site, they dont even have an Elon Musk page showing how they disrespect real Star Trek fans.

Also, reporting every single acronym post from now on.

Enough.

>>implying the mods care
>>implying the mods like shills
Boy, I got some bad news for you...

FUCKING trips

doesn't matter, I'm just tired of it. Not going to talk about it again, just everyone understand if you post about acronyms or reply to a post about acronyms, I'm going to report it.

I'll be discussing the show exclusively now.

fair enough friend that is a valid point lets end with the negativity and promote the positivity of STD.

Even the creators showed in STD where the crew are using mirrors to travel back and forth to the mirror universe just like the original shows.

is she Gowron's mom

The way he glanced at the mirror... did he know the other was standing there?

the klingons would be better if more of them looked like gowron

He might because Saru is actually a plant its being proposed. Notice the facts of evidence looking at the root like appendages behind his ears that can detect abstract things like death. More evidence that Saru is a plant is that he was created which he admitted too proving he is a plant grown by a higher lifeform.

Its said that Saru will be implanted in the spore drive somehow as seen last ep the shrooms have an effect on Saru which means he is a navigator.

dunno but she is bae as fuck

Nope CBS told them to call it DSC but they're true trexperts and all true trexperts call it DIS

> John Van Citters has chosen "DSC" as the series' official abbreviation. [84] This is consistent with the studio's use of "VGR" for Star Trek: Voyager, but MA will use the abbreviation "DIS" for Discovery, for consistency with using "VOY" for Voyager

Based trexperts

Zzzzzzzzz...

the episode sucked and was creepy

I dropped the show like three episodes ago. Is it still absolute ass?

>Is it still absolute ass?
STD is actually the top number one show out there right now. Im sorry that you hate science which proves this but maybe that is why you dont like scifi?

Maybe try one of the dead series like GoT or TWD while the rest of us who love STD spit on their graves.

>butthurt hater hates the #1 new hit show of 2017 and #1 sci-fiction show of all time
cry more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

CBS: We need something for the 18-29 demo

STD: Say no more... NCC-FidgetSpinner

Utterly pointless. Background is irrelevant when you have an hour long episodes filled with filler, social justice nonsense, horrible acting and horrendous writting.

>Hey guys? Did you see Doctor Strange?
>Yeah?
>We should do that trippy out of body experience thing
>Do we have the budget to not make it look like we threw it together in movie maker in like 10 minutes?
>Good_Joke,_Everybody_Laughs.jpeg

I sort of want to watch it now, only to see how fucking shit it is

Do some of that john wick stuff too!

Why are there so many jump cuts?
*camera cuts*
Every time someone speaks a sentence
*camera cuts*
The camera will cut away
*camera cuts*
It's a little jarring
*camera cuts*
And gives me a headache after a while
*camera cuts*

Why didn't she do any Vulcan Kung Fu when saru attacked her?

I wonder why she didn't help at all on the whole mission even though she is supposedly a hotshot xenobiologist.

I'm still clueless on what was the plan of this show.

Initial idea sound fine on paper. Arching storyline is in the rage now, darkness and killing of characters as well. It's completely against trek, but still makes sense if you're marketing executive, or trying to run a show. Now this goes for first few episodes, and then they start to fuck around with mindless plot elements. They bring in Tardigrade, shroom drive, introduce neutral villain for two episodes, introduce new security chief, and immediately have him start romancing the crew. War plot is on hold, and we get nothing in place of it. Discovery is simply hanging in space and teleporting to some brief action scene, and they're back to hanging out. It's as if they worried about bad public response, and planned backup test episodes, to see what would work in s2.

how can it be less serious and inferior than orville?!

>less inferior than

esl?

I'm using DIS because while I love idea of mockign it with STD I dont think it deserve to be called Star Trek

What? If something enterprise FIXED a plot hole caused by the difference between the Klingons from TOS and TNG, a fix that was vaguely hinted at in DS9.

How the fuck is it ENT's fault that Discovery fucked up the Klingons? This is all Discovery's fault and that is the end of it.

Same desu. Fuck DIS

being esl is the only acceptable reason to write inferior than

mind control

Thank you.

>Mature and real trek fans all use STD

No. We respect the name convention used in all previous shows, not that this piece of shit neo-trek deserves it.

>social media

Leave this site immediately normalfag.

all ST series had at least one or two bad seasons for a start, why do you expect anything else here?
if TNG was released today you'd be shitposting so hard they would cancel S2 after the first three episodes had aired

Discovery has only 1 good episode so far (1x07) the rest was absolute garbage, that means that 90% of the first season is crap.

TNG season 1 was weak compared to the rest, but even the worst of it was better than anything on the new show so far, except maybe 1x07, which was a recycled idea what a surprise.

>TOS didn't have a poor first season
>TNG had a poor first season
>DS9 had a meh first season
>VOY had a boring first season
>ENT only got good in its last season and then got canned
whoa... makes me think...

Red Alert. In a Battle. Captain is STANDING on a bridge while ship is getting shot at.

1 STD because it's crime to not name it that
2 DIS sounds good and make sense
3 DISCO have some sense and seems good for fans to call it that
4 DSC sounds really bad

STD isn't just having a bad season. It's aesthetically not trek

>xenoanthroplogist
Still, point taken.

I think about half the episodes were okay or actually good so far
it has its flaws of course, but I'm actually starting to get into it

I would have liked it better if they had tried to asjuste it to 2009 a little and not make it that grim
but let's be honest here, you can try to renew the franchise by attracting a new audience, not just the old fans, or you can drop the idea of a new ST series all together

>STV
>STDS9
>STE
All pretty bad. STD however flies right off the tongue. Much better than "DISH" does.

>renew the franchise by attracting a new audience, not just the old fans
Not incompatable with staying true to trek aesthetics

>2009

But the new films are even worse.

ENT had ST aesthetics and how well it worked out for them
plus, the old style doesn't match the story so far

2009 unironically is one of my favorite ST movies, Beyond was cancer though
inb4 uderage or some shit, If have seen them all

ENT's aesthetics were not as trek as they could have been. That they were too trek wasn't the shows problem.
But seeing which ST movie is unironically your favourite I no longer care about your opinion

Every episode has
*cut*
had a different director. This one
*cut*
seems to be particularly bad.

I said one of my favorites, First Contact is the best

Those shows found the sweet spot. Modern TV series are just 12 hour movies with periodic breaks.