But unlike their former masters with their delicate flesh...

>But unlike their former masters with their delicate flesh, the machines had little to fear of the bombs' radiation and heat
Pretty sure nukes work against machines just fine

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are EMPs

Biggest plothole in the Matrix

Sure it isn't using lifeforms for energy?

Every nuke would destroy the Earth more and more and the lasting radiation would only affect the humans.

Radiation fucks up electronics though

They'd actually work better against them than us unless the vast majority of 01 was buried miles underground.

Electronics hate radiation and especially EMP a lot more than us and they're only nuking one small area at the start of the war, not a cold war style full nuclear exchange. The Union of Concerned Scientists vastly overstated the likely effects of such an exchange anyway.

Forced on them by the studio because they thought hijacking human brains as parallel processing to run a super complicated cold fusion reaction in an ironic role reversal was too confusing for audiences.

>a cold war style full nuclear exchange

>american education

Thats just as retarded though, if the robots are so advanced why would they need human brains

Overrated danger as anything that has to do with nukes.

That question is exactly why the Second Renaissance and to some extent the live action movies imply that the machines felt guilty for winning.

Its much easier to make machines resistant to radiation that humans.

EMP is easily countered

>humans were the real monsters
damn...deep

>autism

They don't want to be stuck doing repetitive calculation forever. They don't need human brains. It just made it easier. Thus the irony. Human slavery is to them what automation is to us.

The Second Renaissance is one of the most legitimately unsettling things I've ever viewed.

the only good short in this leftist shitfest was the neo-noir one

>They don't want to be stuck doing repetitive calculation forever.

Motherfucker they're computers

because they are intelligent and use nature to their advantage?

>Motherfucker they're computers
So are you. That's the irony.

>that guy pleading as he's cut out of his armor ripped from all four limbs
>that poor sex bot screaming "I'M HUMAN" while being beaten to death

I like the one about the guy almost running his way out f the Matrix, and the floating cat one

Yeah but if they took over its because they're better at computing. Why don't they just build computers

Why build them when there are billions already around that as a added bonus you fucking hate and want to enslave?

Friendly reminder that the patrician's choice for the best short in Animatrix is the one made by Peter Chung

uhhh well it takes place in the future emp shielding we have today, probably is a safety thing and everything is emp shielded in the future.

>Why don't they just build computers

they are. it's just that humans tried to exterminate them, and instead of exterminating humans back, they found a use for them

hey man, dont laugh, machines have feefees too.

Man, I miss Aeon Flux

The overpressure alone is more than enough. That part bugged the shit out of me. There's not exactly a whole lot that's going to be surviving the temperatures of a nuclear detonation and radiation affects circuitry.

Are Matrix citizens up there with Marvel citizens? Who would lynch a sex bot? They're harmless.

It makes more sense than batteries. The big advantage of quantum computing is that it can think of a problem as being yes, no or maybe, thus speeding up certain calculations incredibly. This is why human brains are superior to computers when it comes to advanced problem solving. It would make sense to use humans for this particular ability and just handwave it and say that it's more energy efficient than the massive supercomputers needed for the same role.

>Who would lynch a sex bot?
Right wing middle Americans in the minds of champagne communist writers. So basically yeah.

If every single nuke on Earth was blown up, the destroyed area wouldn't be larger than Arizona. As long as they shielded their shit the Machines would be fine, their city was like the size of the entire Middle East.

Also it's implied all the more human-looking and human mind-like robots died early in the war. What came out of the nuclear fire were purely combat oriented machines like the Sentinels.

>Who would lynch a sex bot?
Serious answer: Radfems.

roasties and beta orbiters

Best one is "world record". And honorable mention goes to matrix glitch house.
Everything else is just too pretentious or pointless, shallow. I love watanabe, and I love futamura, but this clearly wasn't their best work.

>Biggest plothole

No, that's the fact that turning humans into bio-batteries can never work because it violates the laws of physics. The original idea of turning humans into a sort of superprocessor was much better.

>EMP is easily countered
>everything is emp shielded in the future.

Yeah, which is why the machines weren't vulnerable to an EMP in the movies - oh wait, they totally were

Because humans would be shitty computers to them. You could have billions of 60s era IBM racks but if you can build a modern processor you're not going to use them

>Because humans would be shitty computers to them.
t. AI expert neuroscientist

The machines didn't want to wipe out humanity so they put them to work for something that ensured humanity's survival.

>Best one is "world record".

Nigger we know how many neurons are in a human brain. There'd be no comeptition when it comes to tasks like that

Ok now this is a sensible answer

I never even been to reddit. Fuck off, you probably think flight of osiris is best.

>Nigger we know how many neurons are in a human brain
This is the dumbest post in this thread

>The short story where a RAF pilot encounters a glitch in the Matrix, feels like years pass by suddenly, gets married, kids, etc
>Another glitch
>Wakes up in a blank room with an Agent
>Asks what's going on
>Agent tells him that aliens just attacked and wiped out Australia, the Matrix is now being run in a sub processor in an accelerated mode while things are being distributed elsewhere
>Tells him that that they're about to restart the Matrix back to the first point that things were fucked up about three hours ago while they build a retaliatory weapon
>Suddenly wakes up back as a teen
>Joins the RAF
>Starts flying some kind of super advanced plane for the whole of WWII for years and years
>Suddenly wakes up in a small spacecraft in space
>It's the same crazy ship he was flying in the matrix
>His goal is to destroy the alien ship, which he does
>Gets told that he's not coming back and that it was deemed unimportant to design a craft that could return
>As his last wish, asks to be put back into the Matrix in accelerated mode so he can live a lifetime in the last few minutes of his real life
>Machines let him

Kino.

I think you overestimate the blast radius of nuclear bombs. Even hydrogen bombs only have an vaporization blast radius of about 8 blocks.

I suggest you look up the blast radius of these bombs and educate yourself

>Nigger we know how many neurons are in a human brain

That's now what it's about, user. It's about connectivity and anatomy, and it'll be incredibly difficult to reproduce that. Whether a machine can actually become conscious, as was the case in the Matrix, is highly uncertain.

The machines traded with humans and attempted to join the UN, dude. Then they fought a defensive war, they didn't intend to wipe out the entire human species. It was more of a
>oh crap, we won but humans exhausted their civilisation trying to defeat us and the planet is now an inhospitable wasteland, what do we do?

what does science know, really?

>Everything else is just too pretentious or pointless, shallow.
Go back to your shitty channel doug

Why is she so perfect?

>aliens

>machine tentacles rip guy out of his power armor with his limbs still attached inside

>AAAAHHHH HELP ME! AAHGHH OH GOD HELP ME! OH GOD HEL- NOOO NNNNNEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH

that was fucking horrific and sounded so genuine. That scene stuck with me after watching it as a kid. Really disturbed me.

It's kind of uncertain what consciousness even is.

Same. It also kinda upset me because it seemed so unmachine like. Why not just drive a tentacle straight through the head and move on.

Also the B4 scene where it kills the old lady and animals.

But really bugged me though and set the tone for me going 'this is retarded' was the scene with the robot slaves building a pyramid.

What honey is this?

The TSA confiscated his honey at the airport. He complained about it, and people got upset at him.

>But really bugged me though and set the tone for me going 'this is retarded' was the scene with the robot slaves building a pyramid.
I don't even remember that. I must have blocked it out.

I recall the excuse being that the machines AI was initially developed from human brain simulations, and branched out from there. Thus they have human emotional frailties, and enjoy the cathartic vengeance and irony of using them this way, while others wished to continue to interact with them... Even if there's plenty freaking geothermal energy lying about.

>man’s simple protein based bodies
As opposed to a bunch of circuitry and pieces of metal so crude you can see the individual parts with your bare eyes? Lmaoing @ synthetic “””””””“lives””””””

Richard Dawkins honey, but that's not important, what's important is the mean old TSA took it away from him

>What is a faraday cage?

what story is that? I don't remember seeing it

That would bug me too tbqh. The Dawk did nothing wrong.

> as a kid
Try rewatching it now. Second renaissance stands out as really amateurish infodump that doesn't make any fucking sense but has a few cool visuals.

Fucking this. If anything the failure of biology is that it's an over-complicated mess.

"radiation and heat"

meaning fallout , machines could move into and persist in previously nuked areas

I guess you love terrorism then.

>Biggest plothole in the Matrix

That would be Cypher meeting an Agent in the Matrix without anyone on the ship monitoring him.

I don't think you can see 5nm transistors

t. serial groper

>The Dawk did nothing wrong.

He never has.

it is fairly easy to harden electroincs against emp. the danger is also greater the larger the wire is. so really fine electronics would be less at risk.

using the good ol' nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

a 1 megaton bomb would have about a 2 km radius that would be harmfull to armored robots. which is where the fireball and 20 psi overpressure would be.

I thought this was a Nicholas Cage Wicker Man reference.

Maybe he did it when every one was asleep and this was his tour de garde.

It's like the first big scene after the indian godess thing tells you what you're going to see. It's absolutely cringe inducing. You have these bipedal robots dragging stones up a slope or some shit.

But did you GET IT?

My head user says that the government of Zero One had since long apprehended nukes and with their industrial might built vast vast underground networks, and that Zion was later founded in one of the them, having since long been abandoned by the machines.

*canon

except all of that was just another layer of the matrix.

Matrix-within-a-matrix literally makes more sense than the actual Matrix 3 resolution.

Why they didn't went through with it?

Agent Smith said that humans rejected previous worlds that didn't have struggling and suffering in them.

The Architect says The One is a aberration in the Matrix. They can't get rid of it. little by little it just keeps building up in people until The One is born again.

so the "real world" serves as a place for the machines to quarantine defective human software. Zion and the Resistance are their to provide suffering needed to make it real, and the humans help the machines by gathering defective software units. then the squidbots, anti virus software like the Agents, wipe out zion and all the defective software. Except for the One. Which is used as a profile for the anti virus programs and a trigger event for the purge of the quarantine.

>it is fairly easy to harden electroincs against emp
But the matrix series explicitly tells us that the robots' one weakness is EMP

which they dropped the next movie for machine guns. even though they drop the human gun play for martial arts.

If the Machines from the before the Matrix were vulnerable to EMP. Then a single large nuke in the ionosphere over the Middle East would have put an immediate end to Zero One.

Not if they hid underground while the nukes went off like in my head canon.

>short story where a RA
I don't remember it
what's the name?

i figure, if nukes worked on matrix era machines. then it is because the Machines let it work. they want the humans to escape and continue with their insurgency. until such a time as the One has been confirmed and they can start their eradication of the rebel human software in zion.

correct

You don't need to vaporize a machine in order to destroy it

It wasn't like they found ways around it - oh wait, they totally did.

>But the matrix series explicitly tells us that the robots' one weakness is EMP
The EMP they use is more like a goddamned lightning cannon. There's only so much hardening you can do. It did a number on the meatbags that got hit with it too.

Shit pissed me off. Because it makes it seem like nukes are weak or that humanity would use WWII era shit bombs.

radiation probably won't do much to machines. But EMPs could. But let's say it didn't.

The overall heat from a nuke carpet bomb would generate enough heat and damage and several damage machines. Just bomb factories. No metal or alloy would withstant the heat generated.

So unless the machines found magical shields (which it never says they do) then humans would have work with a nuke bombing.

Terminator has a much more believable machine rising back story.

So machines need to survive
>Radiation
>EMP
>Direct impact
>Heat wave

Radiation they can live
EMP maybe. But I'd call bullshit if no machine would be shut down.

Direct impact fuck off. Yours talking enough energy and heat to vaporize every element on Earth and more.

Heat wave would still destroy some because that shock wave would still damage weaker machines or small things like gears. Etc

So at least 1/4 nuke effects would destroy machines. Which given the amount or nukes humanity would have. And also knowing some nukes are legit 100x the power of WWII nukes. Fact is. Machines would have lost every battle bot in a week and would eventually just shut down once humanity destroyed thier factories. Robots can't breed. You shut off thier means of creation and you win

this is explained by the movie itself. agent smith was aberrant. A glitch. Remember when he interrogates morpheus? He takes out his earpiece.
Agent smith was actively hiding his presence during their conference. Cypher is likely also capable of spoofing his location as well. IIRC he had a specific role on the Nebuchadnezzar that would facilitate this quite easily.

The whole reason for neo existing is because the machines need him to clean up the glitches that eventually pop up- Agent Smith, vampires, etc. and to double agent as human suppression, culling zion every cycle, right?