New Mutants Director Shares Art of Maisie Williams as Wolfsbane

So I guess this pretty much confirms that she'll be playing Wolfsbane. Not sure how I feel about that but then again I haven't actually read anything with the character. How do you guys and gals feel about it?
twitter.com/JoshBooneMovies/status/830635168738127872/photo/1

She;s certainly bizarre-enough looking.

That is the gayest looking mutant I have ever seen.

>>Post about Wolfsbane
>>Picture is Pip the Troll.

Very funny, now post Wolfsbane.

Okay I actually I was wrong. I did read ONE issue of X-Factor with her in it.

egggghhhhhhhhckkkkkkkkk

This actually gives me a de-rection

You're not wrong. Her powers are basically being a man.

>I haven't actually read anything with the character
>not reading Claremont's New Mutants
You a faggot or something, sonny?

That's not Cypher

Great, more fucking got actors

Why do people like this goblin?

Wolfsbane?

Shes a cute, but tragic character. BAsically her mutant powers is that shes a werewolf. Can change into a hybrid, or go full wolf, etc. She grew up in an extremely religious Scottish village though, and was raised by a dick Pastor. Basically, he convinced her that she was a demon, so she has that religious self hate thing going on. That and shes so naive and innocent, its cute you know?

All of the original New Mutants are pretty good characters desu

If she can nail self religious hate, and shyness, she'll be a good wolfsbane.

I'm more worried about who they'll cast as Mirage or Magick desu.

The pictures is terrible honestly. like wtf were they thinking this was good. Its like deviant art mid tier level of art.

Mirage will be hard, but isn't that chick from The VVitch going to be Magik? I think she'll do it well.

Magik is the girl form VVitch

>>not reading Claremont's New Mutants

OP here. Well for one I haven't read that much mutant or x-stuff in general. However I will say that after the movie announcement my interest is a bit peaked though probably mostly for Wolfsbane, because she seems like a pretty cool character after looking her up. At the same time though there's other stuff on my reading list like Mayday Spider-Girl and Cass Cain Batgirl (I have the first three volumes of her run on TPB so should probably get to reading them at some point) so who knows when I'll get to New Mutants?

Oh really? Well thats interesting.

Hope they give her the iconic straight bangs haircut.

Used to have a huge crush on Rahne back in the Claremont days.

New Mutants was a pretty fuckin fantastic book. Theres not TOO much of it out there, so I'd suggest at least checking out the demon bear saga or something.

The Demon Bear Saga is legendary.

It's funny to see her in interviews, they keep having to dance around if she's actually in the film because it flat out confirmed, but everyone knows she'll be in it.

if they give her human form short hair and make her innocent i'm happy

rahne a cute

I'd say start at the beginning and then work up to at least Demon Bear.
I felt like it was a bit of a slog because it's SOOOO Claremont silver age and that can be grating if you've only ever read modern sruff, but damn if Demon bear doesn't deliver and make the payoff worth it.
I've been reading through it lately, and just got to Legion. I was surprised to see him in that time period, I thought he was created later.

You probably thought that because while hes introduced there, he doesn't actually make another appearance for like quite a while.

ahhh, 90s