Interstellar -- Is it Kino?

3 years later...do you faggots still hate it?

It was kino as fuck.

Looking back on it now, it wasn't as awful as people originally made it out to be.

I never hated it

still and always will be shit

Objectively incorrect. Let me guess, you enjoy Marlel quipfests?

watched it once, eeh kinda all right I guess.
I didn't find it that groundbreaking.
that meme ending was kinda lame

Love... conquers all!

kino

ah the nolanfag, enlightened by his own intelligence, he forgets a time when Sup Forums hated both nolan and capeshit equally but for different reasons
BIGGEST SINCE THE SILENT ERA

first half 10/10, second half 1/10
>let me manipulate a watch in the past from within a black hole
Literally the most retarded thing to have ever been in a movie.

Kino even with the love shit

>literally the most retarded thing I have ever seen in a movie

Then I guess you're not watching movies, user. I've seen WAYYYYY more stupid shit than that.

MUUUURRRRPPPHHHH

DEW NAWT GO GEN'L INTAH THA' GOOD NOIGHT GUVNA

I skip B- or worse movies, capeshit, fairytales and space opera but I do watch a lot and I haven't seen anything even close to that.

It was pretty bad, beginning and ending sucked hard. Middle section was pretty good though

It's actually very very enjoyable and visually it's great.

>do you faggots still hate it?
literally, unironically my favorite movie of all time

Great film, even though I hated the "power of love" and time travel ending.

I never hated it. I did dislike that the son was just forgotten completely in the last act though

My personal worst case of "scientists forget about science" specifically because it isn't necessary for the plot.

It has the makings of a masterpiece but it's all jumbled and fucked. I still don't understand why godlike future humans needed to Morse code an equation to us instead of writing it down somewhere.

Its not the most recent time I've heard "time is a flat circle"

It's for fools. arrival did it better.

Uhh did you even pay attention? They can't communicate, only create fucking wormholes and teleport Humans through time.

LMAO

TARS translated the data into binary which Cooper then tapped out for Murph

do people actually feel that way? do they actually perceive and actively feel love as a decidedly different, "higher" feeling vs other emotions?

because i don't.

That's funny because apparently they can also suspend all other laws governing physical reality at will or he would have been ripped apart...

No different than hate, and Brand's speech would have been just as valid had it been about hate or any other emotion. Unless the whole thing is alluding to the future-alien human's having the capacity to love us and thus go out of their way to create a wormhole to save us.

Terrible dogshit film, also scientifically impossible (ie black hole planets make absolutely no sense)

So they need a 21st century tin can to translate?

Its okay at this point. But when it first came out, this shit was hot garbage via expectations

>you don't like x movie so you must be a fan of y movie
You really are childish little bitches

I loved it but there are some pretty glaring issues with the plot.

has it already been 3 years wtf

it is fucking trash I dont get why people like it in the first place

It was such a cold movie. It didn't make me care about anyone in the movie.

>no BR 2049
wtf

You didn't watch the movie did you? The data is from inside the singularity. Humans have never been able to see inside one to measure anything. Cooper and TARS are the first ones and have the ability to send this data via gravitational distortions from inside the singularity because the ayy-lmao humans have made it hospitable for him. It's convoluted, but we have to assume their is at least some effort involved on the part of the future beings to orchestrate everything thus they can't just transmit us the data. Perhaps their methods for breaking through the dimensional barriers necessary would destroy our planet and they have to take a more hands-off approach. Unless we just assume they are all-powerful gods, but that doesn't make for a very good story.

Chastain is gross as fuck as well.

>Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space

Lol wut? So does every other human emotion.

Also, that's a really nice way of saying that her pussy is drying up and she needs her boyfriends dick and is willing to sacrifice the future of the human race on a hunch.

>within a black hole
LOL brainlet detected

love is what made your mother feed and care for you until you became the miserable person you are now

It’s Nolan’s best film.
Yes, the ending is dopey and the Matt Damon sequence is lacklustre (up until its final moment), but there is more invention, feeling, and impact in the rest of the film than in most Hollywood “art” blockbusters.
And Zimmer’s score is the best of the decade

best sci-fi movie ever imo. it had everything.

Yeah but if they hated each other. There would be no longing to communicate or understand each other enough to transcend.

Yeah, nah it's not love it's human bonding, but you can't just say that.

Lol brainlet detected

>more invention
Wut?

what if her mother turned him into a miserable person?

>i-it wasn't scientifically accurate!

are you sure you're not the brainlet

I was not arguing that it didnt. I was arguing against that it was the only thing.

>Yeah but if they hated each other. There would be no longing to communicate or understand each other enough to transcend.
The jews have been persecuted for 2000 years. I am pretty certain hate trancends time and space.

Please just fuck off bringing that shit into every thread, it's not funny

wrong. it is evolution, because all those who didnt take care of their children were genetic dead ends

I use this argument but only because I love the movie and hold it to a higher standard than most.

Love is the opposite of a parental instinct you actual brainlet

Just because evolution is the origin of love, doesn't make it less real. If anything that would make it more real.

love is real, I never claimed otherwise. however, there is nothing special, mystical, spiritual or magical about love

how would you know?

Because i am capable of complex thought.
Love is what makes your mom still talk to you AFTER her parental instinct raised you into the miserable person you are now.

great concept ruined by muh love muh twist

pretentious garbage

Ok, this one hit to close to home

>manchild saves images to make fun of DC
It's not your fault

>i am capable of complex thought

>Because i am capable of complex thought.
>You need 200IQ to understand the complex philosophical themes and quantum physics in Interstellar.

Did too much 'ironic' Pickle Rick posting fry your brains?

why are you so butthurt, phoneposter?

Go stick some Szechuan sauce wayyyyy up your poopy butthole Morty

You guys need to think like a turtle

Who is this cum communist?

>disliking kino with this in it
I didn't lurk Sup Forums 3 years ago, but did people seriously hate it? It's comfy, has some really neat moments, cool visuals, a great soundtrack and a fresh story. Sure, there's some retarded shit in it but it's plausible within the realm of sci-fi.

I ''watched'' this movie in the theater when I was 14 with my first gf, we kissed the entire time while Hans Zimmer played in the background. Everyone was pissed at us because we were basically making sex
That´s why it has a special place in my heart

>No dark knight rises

B&

enjoy ur vacation

I´m 18

what would you do in his place?

Take the other lander to the other planet.
Communicate with Mann
Cum on all of Brand's clothing

fuck waifus on the holodeck

Matt Damon was a mistake.

Come on, now.

Was The Social Network really that good? I'e had access to the Bluray for years and have yet to watch it.

>but did people seriously hate it?
No, but Nolanfags really hate people pointing out flaws with it because their lord and saviour is infallible.

The brother plot serves no purpose and gets no redemtion in the end, Cooper is glad to see his daughter, but apparently couldnt give two shits about his son.
The "Love transcends" is absolutely retarded.
Mann's motivation for leaving and killing the only people he has seen for 10 years is wafer thin.

The plot in itself is really thin and is propped up with all sorts of surface level physics and philosphy. For a film that prides itself on so much science, it's almost laughable that they had to have the pencil through paper analogy in there. And that Cooper, a former Airforce/NASA pilot needs this explained to him.

It's a entertaining film. Well directed, the score is good at times all though Zimmer gets way to repetitious with a minimalistic theme that see little variation through out. Special effects are great, but Nolan never really manages to counter the empty void of space and uncertain gloomy future of human kind with anykind of hope. Nolan isnt really good with tone.

But all in all. 7/10.

Almost killed my hearing in the theatre though.

nobody gives a shit about Interstellar

oh yes and an amazing soundtrack by Trent Reznor to boot

It's a beautifully cinematic movie about space travel. They could remove all the earth scenes and I would've still liked it.

>Nolanpleb immediately reverts to console wars shit flinging
Go back to /r/movies you tasteless retard

Shit tier script and serviceable (at best) cinematography that's only worth looking at for the top notch visual effects.

it's excellent

It was not. The ending was horrible.

this is the patrician opinion

what are the best space movies?
t. newfag

This. There were some 10/10 kino scenes but the end and the scenes with her daughter in general were pretty shit.