Cast it

Cast it.

Hideo Kojima as God

This is board is a mesh of plebbit and Sup Forums how far are you expecting this thread to go?

ugh this

I want John C Reilly to play Tyrone Slothrop.

Haven't read it yet, but isn't it full of modern references?

I wont cast it but i would put David Fincher on it .He would fuck it up good.

has anybody, including thomas pynchon, ever finished a thomas pynchon book

you stupid faggot

Idris Elba

What does that even mean? Yes, it takes place in a modern world?

>Pynchon

Too old and lively. I've always imagined this as this british actor whose name or roles I forgot, but he's this fat-ish guy, kinda big droopy cheeks, always looks like he's excusing himself.
I've read literally all of them, including short stories, some more than once.

he's easy to read, try reading infinite jest, that shit was a slog to get through

Cast major marvy from GR

Obvious casting

Also cast Quentin as Gabriel Ice

Alright, nonnie. I'll bite. What's your scripture?

This shit is so bad i want to go back in time and rape myself for even reading the first page ,no discernible talent at all.

There is no such thing as talent.

Same, I finished it, but I don't see myself ever reading it again and I totally understand why DFW killed himself.

Once again I can't remember the guy's name but he's also kinda fat, has a comb over, a moustache and always plays wacky military roles.
Honestly, the best way in casting people for Pynchon adaptations is to always get the most obvious, caricaturesque person you can find.,

>Quentin as Gabriel Ice
G O A T

>Doesn't even try to stop getting Bloomed

Infinite Jest is so fucking shit, I can't believe I managed to finish it. DFW is painfully self aware, he sounds like a Jonathan Franzen character who just realized he'll forever be the milquetoastest cunt in the face of Earth so he tries really hard to make being a WASP a noble or admirable or even rebel thing.
Absolutely disgusting, I would have killed myself too.

>that one sex scene

Theres gotta be somebody better, but id give Windust to Ed Harris.

To get the perfect Windust you gotta take Krycek and get him him looking more like Cigarette Smoking Man through make up.

Too old

where a stereotypical cowboy tries to enpregnate a woman who happens to be a mathematician with the help of the sperm-tranfering mouth of their faggot friend.

how did pta manage to fuck up inherent vice so badly?

nah it was ok

Did more-or-less a 1:1 chronological recreation rather than an adaption

this only works for stephen king short stories

Reagan's / neoliberalism imminent ghost isn't present in the same way. I think it's actually kinda irresponsible to filme Inherent Vice without filming Vineland first desu

>stephen king stories
>work

>Shawshank Redemption is a bad movie

wew lad
His stories are straight-forward and follow Freitag's Triangle perfectly, which makes for an easy template to insert directorial artistic vision

They're not game-changing, but they work from page to screen very well

They should do a miniseries of Against the Day.

Can we use dead actors? If so, George C. Scott.

>George C. Scott
yes but fat

Maxine Tarnow: Bryce Dallas Howard
Gabriel Ice: Jonah Hill
Nicholas Windust: Ryan Gosling
Conkling Speedwell: Joaquin Phoenix