youtube.com/watch?v=OeJ5GvrgE8A
youtube.com/watch?v=0xy9wyGAOds
youtu.be/KWslNfc3GvU
youtube.com/watch?v=W3eo6y74oWo
youtube.com/watch?v=kmPbmz7SzOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's funnier

because it doesn't take itsself serious

Rick and Morty wants you to think Rick is cool.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force routinely shits on all of its main characters.

Watch out. Some butthurt Sup Forums troll might try to turn this show into a horrible meme in a annoying attempt to get people to hate it.

>0% pretention
>Doesn't expect you to agree with any of the characters' viewpoints or dialogue
>it's obvious the creators had fun making it
>no fervent fanbase, just regular dudes

>yfw frylegs

Fpbp

MAH NAME IS

they tried to do it with Xavier and it didn't work.

The Chad Carl
The Virgin Rick

>Want to get into comfy cartoon
>For some reason the voices are intentionally annoying
100% serious, why are cartoons filled to the brim with what can only be purposefully grating voices? Someone literally provide me with a scholarly answer on this, I cannot understand it.

make it happen

Whose voice is annoying?

Are you fucking kidding
The voice acting is so fucking great

All of these, basically. ATHF doesn't stop to give five minute monologues about its own characters and their relationships.

Not him but I find Meatwad's voice annoying a lot of the time.

All three main characters

Bullshit. Meatwad maybe but Shake and Fryman can't be annoying.

Your IQ isn't high enough to understand Rick and Morty

i want to tell you to fuck off, but i couldn't make it 5 minutes into delocated because the mc had his voice distorted the whole time

fucking pleb right here. Delocated was excellent

Truly.........they were......an aqua teen...hunger force.
YOUR EMERGENCY BRAKE IS ON

Don't tell me how to drive, jackass!

But I mean, uh...is he gonna be able to chase us? 'Cos if I woke up looking like that, I would just run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

yeast unleashed in the east

Everyone in ATHF is an idiot including Frylock. He's an accurate depiction of what Rick would be like without the ability to hope universes.

WAIT WAIT WAIT DO YOU THINK HE'LL BE ABLE TO SEE US?

Just dropping a 10/10 reaction image.

Carl's decision to sell his house after the whole Ape Santa debacle was an rational one.

i give it 7/10 and it's facing the wrong way

thicc

>Oh yeah, 5.9% over APR, you don't get that every day.
>ARE YOU KIDDING WITH APR LIKE THAT I COULD JUST DIE!

Carl was smart enough to sell the robot with the House so that the pool will fill with blood.

Ask for the Shayamalan ending

All women in ATHF are beautiful. The heroes, except for Meatwad, are so disgusting that they turn women off.

what's far right? perfect hair forever?

bingo

I miss Johnny Bravo.
I'm also sad there is nothing left on CN for me to actually get interested in.
Used to watch that network all the time in the early 00s.

ATHF is for stoners
R&M is for nu males

I've never smoked weed and ATHF is hilarious.

I'm not a stoner and I find ATHF absolutely hysterical.
I'm not a nu-male and I absolutely hate R&M.

I'm not a drug abuser and ATHF is one of my favourite shows.

Best moment coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=OeJ5GvrgE8A

>implying stoners aren't nu males

blackpill

>U
carpet soup

>stoners
>getting off their ass to protest for gay midget transexual black people
Yeah no. They're completely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=0xy9wyGAOds

Any adult swim show, past or present is better than R&M. Pretentious narcissist worship it because it tries to be "edgy" while staying in their comfort zones

Happy time harry is the best episode

It kinda depends. The old school stoners who got their weed illegally and ran away from cops definitely weren't nu-male
I guess now that you can get weed legally lot of wussies and meek men have started to smoke a lot

pre-feminist Rick and Morty

>dumb cunts and jerry are funny side characters with minimal plot

post-feminits hires on the writing staff

>every episode is about unfunny, boring, cliched relationship drama that only a gash would find interesting

Really makes you think

Pro-tip: It was never good.

rick and morty has an awful fanbase. But I like the show more then stranger things, which is one of the most overrated shows ever. Seriously everyone shut the fuck up about stranger things

>I guess now that you can get weed legally lot of wussies and meek men have started to smoke a lot
This, to an extent. Weed has always been degenerate IMO but it's recently started attracting the craft beer and sriracha crowds. I.e., pajama boy & co.

ATHF is legitimately the funniest cartoon of all time. It dips a bit once they started changing the name every season but there is so many good eps still it makes up for it.

>ATHF is legitimately the funniest cartoon of all time
you went too far

>DO WHAT NOW

youtu.be/KWslNfc3GvU

>tonight....you

>intelligent, nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor

THEN WHY DOES IT HURT SO MUCH

Isn't it obvious, retard? It was around way, way longer that Rick and Morty has been, there is literally more enjoyment to obtain from it.

Considering Rick and Morty has 0 entertainment, most things would be better.

>is a parody on the surface but never parodies anything in particular

The fuck? What sort of loser made this whose never heard of anime before? That's literally all it is, just dumb anime jokes. The generic "finding yourself" journey, the needless fanservice thrown around randomly, the random assortment of side characters involving objects/animals/elements. Everything about it screams intentionally generic shounen.

because you were born in le wrong generation of adult swim amirite? aqua teen hunger force was a good show but the anti rick and morty circlejerk is getting pretty stale by now

there are actual jokes with set up and pay off not random mouth noises masquerading as humour.
WUB DUB DUB DUB I'M PICKLE SZECHUAN SCHWIFTY

Its better in every possible way.

It also took way longer to go to shit. ATHF got 5-6 sold seasons before they started to miss more than they hit

Because Carl is the single greatest animated character ever made and that's not even an exaggeration.

You are objectively wrong. To be fair, you do have to have a very high IQ to come up with a good comeback.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3eo6y74oWo

Fanbase is primarily stoners and weirdos

Normies dont know athf

youtube.com/watch?v=kmPbmz7SzOs
fart you, butthole

>lol carl got skinned alive
>lol carl has been grinded into a fine mist
>lol carl is in such immense pain he asks to be killed
>lol carl got his arms ripped off
ATHF is on the same level as Rick and Morty or Happy Tree Friends of mistaking horrible violence and suffering for actual comedy and jokes. How do you guys enjoy this?

What's the one in the middle?

it was always fucking stupid

me and my friends would always watch it at 2am when our brains were fried from all the DnD and Halo 2 we played because it was mindless retarded fun

>lol one running gag is the entirety of the show
How do you guys mistake this for an argument?

I smoke weed every day and have for 5 years and athf is hilarious. Accurate analysis very original points of commentary.

ATHF had 13 seasons and was one of the most popular Adult Swim shows. The fuck do you mean normies don't watch it

rick and morty has higher highs, but aqua teen is more consistent. a few rick and morty episodes in a row and you'll probably get annoyed by some of their more irritating mannerisms, or you'll watch one that's way worse quality, but aqua teen is perfect for marathons. it's definitely better, when each show is taken as a monolithic body of work.

but then rick n morty should go on for ten more seaons.. to properly compare them.

SO ITS THE WHOLE SOUTH PARK VS FAMILY GUY THING

I've watched both of Harmon's major shows (Community and R&M), and while I really did enjoy both and feel entertained/amused the entire time, something about it rubbed me the wrong way. Not just the awful fanbase(s)--that's objective and easily identifiable. It just feels like he writes to social media/memes/going viral, and that's all that he really cares about. The whole McDonald's sauce thing is a perfect example of that. It's lazy.

xavier

>One gag that doesn't even matter because Carl is always fine the next episode
Carl has some funny deaths too like the mermaid one.

For the longest time i stopped watching after season 5. Probably a combination of high school and getting big into Venture Bros. This summer I decided to go back and watch the seasons I missed and holy shit was I blown away at how consistently good the whole series remained. The episode that finally sealed the deal for me was Carl buying the storage locker. The destruction of a Utopia and abuse of naive, innocent creatures at the hands of Carl was just so hilarious and surreal all at once.

All the different intro songs are catchy and fit ATHF well while still being unique.

I do think the series should have ended with the meatwad episode, though. There's nothing wrong with a comedy show going out on an emotional note if it's done well. Then again I'm the guy who thinks that if Venture Bros had never gone past season 4, the prom episode would have been the best series finale of all time.

shows that won't age well, made for the time. still decent but nothing to write home about.

>>it's obvious the creators had fun making it

They fucking gave up after season 3

After that is was a free paycheck from adult swim

>try watching community again recently
>immediately have to stop so I won't ruin all the nostalgia I have

anyone have room scenes that are empty?

been thinking of using frylocks and meatwads room for backgrounds to get comfy with.

also fuck Turner for cancelling ATHF!

She's not worth the trouble. First you think she's just thicc, then she turns out to be a nagging C.H.U.D. who constantly tears into your ass for not listening to her, and blah blah blah.

They didn't know what to do after the movie, seems like. I'm in the middle of marathoning it right now.

But yes, they were vocal about how much they wanted to give up in later seasons. Zero fucks were given. It adds to the comedy of the whole show imo.

IDGAF that shit is still gold. I pissed my pants watching the creditor the first time.

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO

Because they didn't spend half their episodes on stupid female driven subplots and focused on just throwing in shit that was funny, also helped that they didn't force any memes.

Same. I also had never had alcohol before watching the first few seasons and still loved it.

wise my friend.

INTO THE FUTURE