/shelf/ Your Shelf or Shelves and General Buyfag thread

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, and news about new comics.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
archonia.com/comicshop/en/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

BREAKING: Marvel is literally throwing out Omnis for almost free:
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/

Eurofags rejoice, cheap-comics.com is jumping on the sale as well:
cheap-comics.com/news-i-8.html
(read it carefully)

Other urls found in this thread:

funko.com/collections/pop-plush
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will bump for you, OP.

I'm too lazy for shelf pics, but this is my most recent get. I have Realm of Kings and Annihilation Conquest Omnis on the way.
Now, I am going to read some Stern Spidey.

>Flash section

Beautiful. I wish I wasn't a poorfag.

Thanks, but the funny thing is I'm not even that much of a Flashfag, I just started buying the first Johns omni back then and felt I needed to buy the other two.
That Marvel sale plus 2 more GL omnis is going to strain my purse though.

That came out wrong. I bought only them when they showed up over the course of two years because I saved the money for it when I was a poorfag myself.

These just came in from half.com today. Allegedly used but I'm impressed with their condition. Overall only about $25 for them all. I love the internet, senpai.

Think I am going to sell my Simonson Thor Omni.

how much are the going rates for those nowadays?

>Simonson Thor Omni.

>Mein Kampf and The Koran

That's quite a range of reading material, OP...

Haven't even opened the Quran yet, so far it's just decorational.
Mein Kampf is pretty enlightening though...

It's also super heavy, easily the heaviest omni I own and the only Marvel one uncomfortable to read. I like The beta ray bill stuff and the invasion of Hel, but then there is a whole lot of Sal Buscema art and the story just kind of goes to shit.

No new purchases, but boy has it been a long, long time since I last posted my shelves. I'm rearranging some, so why not?

Don't mind the box to the side, we're doing some early spring cleaning and have stacked donation boxes in the library.

All this showcase presents causes me physical pain. Wish Infinite Crisis got back in print, and the Koran and Mein Kampf aren't necessarily in opposition, remember how Hitler valued different cultures and diversity with his honorary aryans Japanese and Middle Eastern allies.

Does "DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore" include the original Killing Joke coloring?

>All this showcase presents causes me physical pain.
Oh, my friend... I have such sights to show you...

2 of the showcases are going to get dropped off, the upcoming Adam Strange omni collects the showcase and more and the upcoming LoSH omni collects the first 3 Legion archives (slightly more than the first showcase)
But the Showcases aren't a bad thing at all.

>Wish Infinite Crisis got back in print
what do you mean? the Infinite Crisis Absolute is brand new, hit it. Or do you mean the omni? I wish I had that one more than the absolute because I had to get the TPBs from the stuff in it instead.

>and the Koran and Mein Kampf aren't necessarily in opposition
times change, but let's not talk about that right now.

that's not kampforting

>Motherfucking Lem
You have good taste, I won't steal YOUR car.

just relax in the showers

Thanks, I guess. now stop playing on your cellphone and unclog my toilet instead

>implying I'm not stealing jobs all the way in the UK

brexit

so anyway, how about those comics? you guys going to buy any of those marvel omnis?

Honestly, the only comic books I've ever bought were Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Justice Society of America: The Golden Age. The first because I loved the game and I loved the comic. The second because I really loved that comic, especially all the less powerful heroes that populated the Golden Age.

Newest additions are Black Science 4&5 and Plutona. H8 and R8

so many started series, so few finished ones

Kinda hard to find some of these due to lcs not carrying them and I don't have a credit card not poor just pay strictly with cash or checks but I'm slowly working on it

I bought this today at Bed Bath & Beyond, and despite how much I hate Funko Pop shit, this just seems like a cute little Deadpool thing. It's suppose to be a plush version of those shit vinyl figures, but as Deadpool it just works by looking less like a Funko Pop thing. There were also different colored variants of him and this was the last regular color.

how big is that thing?

It's a small one, about 5 inches. There's a big one, but the small they are the less they retain the Funko Pop skull shape. I wouldn't mind the small Batman one too, also because he has a mouth which isn't a feature on them. Though I can't believe how minuscule the line is since it's based on the ridiculous amount of characters they're shitting out in their vinyl line.
funko.com/collections/pop-plush

Some of our loots.

I know the transparent parts are supposed to be lantern constructs/energy and with other figures it's lasers and whatnot but I always need to think of explosive diarrhea

I actually didn't buy these, but definitely considered it....

It's coming out of his foot though....

>BREAKING: Marvel is literally throwing out Omnis for almost free:
>bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/

Didn't that guy just make this up to get money from referring people to the amazon links? I mean a fair few of those are out of print.

besides the point.

nope, they're really doing it, read the next link.

w-what exactly are these? cake pans?

Got these about a week ago. I recently discovered the work of Junji Ito and ive been binge reading his horror series.

mousepad. The butt is supposed to be a rest for your wrist

top choices
>Absolute Wonder Woman
>Vol 1
oh shit there's going to be 2 of them? I somehow thought it was just 1 volume all-in-one, wasn't aware there were 30+ issues, no wonder they have to split it.

what the fuck man, what the fuck?

Bought these this week.

Any good?

I believe so. Apparently, this collection was the first time TKJ was reprinted in trade format. I was not aware of that until looking it up just now.

Pretty good indie taste, man. I really like Southern Bastards, haven't read the others except for Black Monday Murders.

Read the first two issues of rumble and instantly got hooked so bought the three trades.

Wytches I bought because Jock basically

Sheriff of Babylon is really good, haven't read the others.

Has anything more come from that Bleeding Cool story about a bunch of Marvel Omnibuses getting cheap soon?

I just got an e-mail from my LCS saying they'd be available for 50% off. Which ones should I buy? I only have ASM and X-Men (which obviously aren't ones going on sale) so far.

rate plz

4/5. Pretty solid choices, but please put them in alphabetical or size order.

from a quick overview my picks are

Busiek/Perez Avengers
Hawkeye
Howard the Duck
Spider-Man by Stern
Lee Kirby FF

Stern and the Kirby stuff for sure.
I like Annihilation Conquest, but space capes are my jam.
I am going to pick up the Liefield X-Force. Don't judge.

what's the cheapest place to get trades and hardcovers in australia? Amazon?

if it's cheap enough i'm getting the crossing

Idk mate I don't live in Stralia but yeah I use amazon or IST.

Those Birds of Prey trades. I am so jealous, even though they have cheap non-glossy paper. It's going to be at least a year, if not two, before we get the reprints of Simone's run - and I want it so desperately.

TFW no one has Stephanie Brown's Batgirl trades. Maybe when the reprint goes out this summer I'll see more of them. :(

That looks really, really dire, user.

I've got a lot of older batman stuff, and I'm looking to see if there've been any worthwhile new stories for him in the last 5 years or so.

My lcs recommended court of owls, so I got that, but that seemed like it kinda went to shit at the halfway mark.

Black Mirror is probably the best Batman related story since you've stopped reading. Kings run has been good too dependent upon your level of autism. He usually uses body language instead of dialogue, the first trade is out.

>quite a range
Not really, they're both about bashing Jews aren't they?

>Monster Girl Encyclopedia
Goddamn pervert.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I read the first volume of King's run and that was fine.

Didn't bug me nearly as much as what snyder did with mr. freeze and how that also didn't fit with the timeline of court of owls at all.

Oh no man, Snyder is the worst outside of Black Mirror and Court of Owls. Zero Year is meh, everything else he wrote was pretty terrible and out of character.

I really enjoy Batman Eternal, which make three nice trades.

A lot of his stories seem to ride on the premise that batman is semi incompetent.

So many things he does or that get by him make no sense.

Batman and Robin, 'Tec with Tomasi, current Tec, All Star Batman and Year Zero are all pretty fun, Dark Knight III, Batman Europa and Eternal were good. And obviously Batman Inc, honorable mention to early Batwing.

Don't even get me started mate. Not only that, he feels the need to subvert all of Batman's history with some big secret reveal. He's a hack and I thank the powers that be every day that he was finally taken off the book after years of torture.

Jesus dude.
Don't recommend All Star or Europa. Literally fan fic tier. Alfred sells out Batman for Christ sake and Joker and Bruce are written like they are in love.

Don't ever rec anything again.

When I got to the stuff with Dick being groomed as a talon in the circus in court of owls I kinda wanted to just stop.

Then, to drive it forward, batman decks robin in such a way that he removes the loaded tooth?

That he NEVER EVER found before despite dick likely having extensive medical testing?

wtf?

All Star is still running, and there's a Capullo reunion event in the works.

There's more than one way to write a character, I enjoy dopey Donner Johns Superman as much as I enjoy space explorer with Busiek and man's man with Byrne. I can enjoy romantic hopeful action hero under Snyder as much as I enjoy boilerplate detective with Brubaker and larger than life eccentric with Morrison. If you sitck with "NOT MUH" you're in for a very bad time with Big Two comics, and more likely than not future forum account on ByrneRobotics.

I'm not even gonna argue with you.
If you are the kind of person that enjoys Europa unironically well then there is no hope for you.

Good, arguing over fictional men in spandex is silly. (:

They are gods that deserve respect and worship.

I love that spiderman poster, where did you find that?

Thanks--Stern was already on my list, so that's a no-brainer for me, but I'm interested in expanding my omni collection to more than the good ol' webhead.

I'm not terribly well-versed in space capes yet, but capes tend to be my jam regardless...does it make sense on its own or are there arcs that should be read first for that omni?

Also how's Werewolf By Night?

That's a lot of questions, so here's my tiny, but growing collection. I have a fair amount of single too, but they don't have much rhyme or reason, nor do they photograph well while "shelved".

The first shelf is Spider-Man only, I actually moved X-Statix to the bottom, so the top is consistent. I do want them alphabetical. Size order never bothered me.

I ordered Panther as my Christmas gift to myself and it still hasn't arrived
fuck Amazon real hard

What kind of shitty 3rd world do you live in?

Southern California

Id call. Thats way too long unless the book is out of stock.

it's directly from Amazon but supposedly shipped through USPS and has no tracking info

WAKANDA!

Id definitely call.

Dept. H HC with sketch.

A friend back home is dating a dude who does webcomics and is really into kaiju and toku stuff. His name's Brett Cook and he's got a page called Animated Trigger. I got that Supaidaman print along with one of Dragon Ranger & Dragon Caesar/Green Ranger & Dragon Zord from him and he threw in a bonus print with characters from his series Cannonball Fist.

I think he just has his comics listed on his site and sells prints at cons, but if you email him and tell him you're interested in one of his prints you saw online, I don't think he'd have any problems selling you one.

Fuck yeah, thanks user

I think this is still up to date.