Did Mordecai end up with the cloud or the bird?

Did Mordecai end up with the cloud or the bird?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/gallery/pResN39
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A bat.

Which is kind of like a cloud and a bird combined.

He likes to fucking flying things, it would seem

why not? he himself is a flying thing.

Who?

They wrote themselves into a corner and knew they would piss off large swaths of their fanbase no matter who they picked. So they decide to say fuck it and went with Door #3 and pissed off everyone.

Well, everyone who cared about the shitty relationship dramas.

She has no name. She has no characterization. She never said a word.

Sounds like a bat decision.

>plebs upset at no margaret or cj ending

I can't even find a picture of her/

No, it's not.

I needed this laugh, thank you, user.

Woah

bump

>he doesn't know about bats

CARLOS!

Bats are bugs, duh.

>Mord wishes he could come back as a dolphin
>gets with a bat chick
>bats and dolphins have echolocation

I don't have a point, I just thought that was interesting.

>pissed off everyone

People CARED about that bullshit?

To be honest, I was just happy that he ended up happy with someone in the end.

Betacai made it.

heres 2

>People not understanding the reasoning behind the bat

The whole point is that his relationshit doesn't matter. He could have stayed single, turned gay, it doesn't matter. Mordecai found happiness in and of himself FIRST, before meeting batgirl.

Throughout the show, Mordecai spends seasons obsessing over his love life, while Rigby understands enough to live and let live. He meets Eileen not by obsessing over his love life, but by being confident with who he is first.

The finale would have been insulting if he comes down and just chooses CJ or Margaret. That kinds of development takes episodes to explain, the same complaints would apply even more so. And the message would be changed to "Find self-worth in a cute gf."

Except Mordecai isn't even smiling in the group photo and when he's with Rigby it's glaringly obvious that Rigby has something in his relationship with Eileen that he doesn't have with batgirl. It's as if he ended up in a relationship because it was expected of him, not because he wanted it. Even his artwork still reflects his hang-ups for CJ and Margaret. He didn't develop at all. He got older and fatter, but he's still unhappy, and that sucks.

>She has no name.
She's literally named THE POWER and she's a performance artist.

>that manchin
looks like Mordecai's a power-bottom.

>Mordo
>power-anything

>He got older and fatter, but he's still unhappy, and that sucks.
Obviously it's a set-up for a big anniversary special in which Mordecai is given a chance to go back in time and fix his mistakes, only to learn that it happens at the cost of the happiness of others, but thanks to some magic bullshit he keeps everybody hooked up and also he bags two chicks at once.

HAPPY ENDINGS

So glad I jumped ship after muscleman's wedding.

So why did the show waste my time with so much relationship drama, then flush it down the toilet?

Because the show wasn't written very well.

I wanted the harem ending with Mordecai as park manager to be canon ever since I saw that one rule 34 picture.

it'd at least be coherent. then again, the show lost itself after they started shoehorning the relationships. I honestly stopped caring a long time ago.

Because that's life, user. Sometimes relationships come and go.

>numerous assumptions about the state of Mordecai's life
>on the basis that the picture kind of doesn't look like he's smiling

As per the AMA on reddit from a member of the writing staff
>I like just knowing that he moved on, pursued his dream and still hangs out with his bro. That's cool to me.
>We also felt like Mordecai had moved on in his life. He finally left the park to pursue art, and we thought it'd be cool if he met someone while doing that.

Mordecai lived happily-ever-after. This is canon. Anything else is autistic projecting and weird, pessimistic speculation.

It's not life, it's a TV Show. It can make a point without wasting huge chunks of time on stories that go nowhere.

Yeah that's more like it.

>Except Mordecai isn't even smiling in the group photo
You don't have to smile in a photo to be happy. Also fake smile exist and use by depress people

>>I like just knowing that he moved on, pursued his dream and still hangs out with his bro. That's cool to me.
>>We also felt like Mordecai had moved on in his life. He finally left the park to pursue art, and we thought it'd be cool if he met someone while doing that.
None of this directly says he was happy. Also of course he'd be happy when he's alone with Rigby, he's always been happy with him because they were the only person each had for a looong time.

At any other point in the montage he wasn't happy. The art thing working out doesn't mean it brought him happiness.

That bat gives me a real Rick (from Rick & Morty) vibe.

Why the fuck would the creators write him as being unhappy? That's fucking stupid. You know it, I know it, everybody knows that the intention of the creators was to write the ending as happily-ever-after for everyone involved.

The only reason you assume he wasn't happy was because he wasn't grinning like a goof during the whole thing. His montage was unique in that it was reflective, calm, and mature. It's clear that he took immense pride and found peace in his work.

Not everything has to be a big party. I swear to god, 95% of this "mordecai not happy" retard jerk is the fact that he looks like a hipster by the end of it.

'You need to be happy to live, I don’t.’ -- Keanu Reeves

m.imgur.com/gallery/pResN39

>those comments
Why are they like this?

Okay but I just have to step in here and point out bats are mammals

Is she related to the giant bat thing from the space tree?

>'You need to be happy to live, I don’t.’ -- Keanu Reeves
i kind of agree, we all going to die someday, no point on rushing our mortality for nonsensical emotions.

lol this show just kept fucking going

it deserved death

REGULAR.
REGULAR

HAPPY > REGULAR > SAD

>I was just happy that he ended up happy with someone
>Happy

That face didn't really look happy, more like acceptance.

so he should just flying fuck himself.

neither. turns out both of them were banging Skips behind his back.

What?

>bats are mammals
I bet you think owls are birds too

He should have ended up with Benson

the bird was a whore and the fart cloud was very Immature.

cute

>They wrote themselves into a corner and knew they would piss off large swaths of their fanbase no matter who they picked.
Weird, I would've picked either since it'll be the finale and there would be literally nothing else after it

Oh well, it's over and Mordecai has a sucky family no matter who he chooses

>He probably doesn't know that the moon is clouds

I did.

This is the first time I've seen a cartoon show go out of its way to fuck over the two people who were literally made for each other.

The bat was the best choice

I found it interesting.

Dont worry Anoan, at least your autism resonated with mine.

>I just have to
Stop trying to sound smart.

>Mordecai has a sucky family no matter who he chooses
Mordecai was visibly happy in the Just Friends episode that showed his life with Margaret if he chose her, their kids becoming pro video game teams and Mordecai and Margaret getting a house boat, but instead he just became a noticed artist, got some bat girl, wasn't shown happy, and had kids that never cared abut anything, rather than his other outcome kids being happy

stop telling me what to do

They failed to convey making him look happy.

And for some reason, he is the only one who didn't end up with his love interest. WHo got way much more time than any other relationship.

>while Rigby understands enough to live and let live. He meets Eileen not by obsessing over his love life, but by being confident with who he is first.

That's why he started going to High School again out of fear of losing her, right?

If you want him happy, show him happy and do not fail at such a simple thing. If you want to give a satisfying ending, wrap up all loose threads in a matter that makes sense with what you set up. It does not matter when you go NOW THE CHARACTER IS HAPPY BECAUSE I SAY SO when the way you got there feels cheap, hollow, and poorly thought out.

Your audience should not make excuses for horrible writing or fill in the gaps left out of laziness.

>He gets with best girl.
Thank god.

she's a dumb marceline looking character who wears a fucking choker

She's not even a character.

and their children look like Deviant art rejects.
Why is the design for this show so shit?

It used to be perfectly fine.

Aside from the fact they fucking hate Regular Show, CN gets less and less lenient with show budgets as the seasons come in, that includes the budget of making character models, which this show used to always reuse because they lived in a small town so the only new models would be the bad guy of the week.

This season needed a lot of new models, which became quantity over quality.

Spending money on Heroes also didn't help.

It's a neat idea, but those should always come after actually planning the story and plot and spending money on their realization.

>Mordecai settled for mediocrity and is perfectly okay with it

I know you anons have.

I don't have mediocre irl waifu like Mordo, but I'm perfectly content being just another person on NEETbux doing nothing productive for the rest of my life.

>Spending money on Heroes also didn't help.
That and maybe 5 other songs are the only ones that were truly expensive. The others are still expensive, but not really to CN.

It just became a big factor later when the final seasons were given presumaby near half the budget it formerly had.

Either way I agree the designs are shit and only added to how much of a weird vibe it gave off, like it was shit but had a few redeeming qualities.

Should've left it open-ended after the cars scene. Maybe do have Mordecai say he's going back to doing art, maybe fucking say what Rigby was supposed to be doing instead of going through with it and still not elaborating on it, it's all just disappointing.

>That's why he started going to High School again out of fear of losing her, right?

user, the beginning of the high school plotline was Eileen discovering his insecurity and assuring him that she doesn't judge him for it. He makes clear that he is doing it for himself, and for himself only. He knows that the value of his relationship would not change as a result of a piece of paper.

That was the whole principle of the character arc.

Don't see what the problem is. His first major love didn't work out, like most people. And he found someone else down the line.

How many people end up with the person they had feelings for in the early 20s?

>blue balling episodes of WILL THEY WONT THEY
>all of those are retroactively pointless cause Mordo got a third one
It makes sense in life, but god damn is it a shitty writing cop out

>user, the beginning of the high school plotline was Eileen discovering his insecurity and assuring him that she doesn't judge him for it. He makes clear that he is doing it for himself, and for himself only
>He knows that the value of his relationship would not change as a result of a piece of paper.

Oh yeah, AFTER she told him that. How convenient!

>character arc

What character arc? He is the same as he always has been. Getting a piss easy degree he cheated at does not change that.

>muh real life
Because he is the only one they applied it to. Rigby and Eileen is not a relationship that would last.

>Rigby and Eileen is not a relationship that would last
Why not?
Weird girl and a slacker is relatively common, as far as I've seen things.

>no teeth

I guess he really did wind up being gay because that's gaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

>whore
>immature

>bat is wearing spike collar and dresses like Morticia

Actually she's a Werewolf apparently

>Betacai

More like BATACAI am I right?

>What character arc? He is the same as he always has been. Getting a piss easy degree he cheated at does not change that.

user, did we watch the same show?

Gaining foreign language credit the way he did was pretty scummy.

Yes but to say "He is the same as he has always been" is patently false.

Rigby in the first few seasons was immensely immature, destructive, and overall just kind of an intolerable piece of shit.

Later seasons he arguably become more mature than Mordecai.

>Later seasons he arguably become more mature than Mordecai.
thats why Mordecai fucked up its life while rigby won at the end.
Rigby gets in trouble because he is somewhat stupid and ignorant.
Mordecai gets in trouble because he is an asshole.

you can get educated and smarter, but you cant stop being a shit person that easily.

This couldn't have been a way for them to not hurt one part of the fanbase, they wrote of both girls as love interests and CJ all together way before.

Still Margaret should've been shown more at the end.

They should have went with a mundane ending, and make it character driven.

Instead almost everyone took a backseat to Pop's GRAND FINAL BATTLE, which was cool I guess, but it left a lot of characters to just one quick joke roles.

Followed up with a "oh yea these characters exist, give them a where are they now montage quick!!"

For once CN actually let them do some risky stuff, abeit not too much though.

Fuck these past 4 seasons could've been great if that dumb bitch running the network would've been laid back. Instead she acted like she was on her period the whole time.

Which is why he didnt want to give Mordecai his body back, right? So mature.

I would have preferred a whole episode than a montage to wrap things up
Great finale tho

>I want the finale to be filler
shame on you

That was a case of shit writing mixed with an actual acceptable story. Mordecai always had the advantage over Rigby throughout the whole show, he was finally able to do the same.

Shit writing came in when Mordecai said "I don't want to be a short tiny freak" which was the turning point to have Rigby be the jackass because he felt offended, when it was obviously "I'm not me, I'm a hybrid mix of you that happens to have the outcome of being small".

I fucking hate when that happens.''

I know what people mean when they say filler, and that's not filler. That's the epitome of a finale story.

nigga we didn't see what happened to Thomas, CJ or Margaret or more info on Bat
but I have to admit using Bowie was good

>literally my moms bat

The finale went to shit right after Rigby playing games with his kids. Benson's segment onwards looked like complete ass. The only good part after that was the very end from the porch scene to Pops' line.

>bats are mammals
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT STOP THE FUCKIN PRESSES!

I just went back and watched Just Set Up The Chairs, out of all the Regular Show episodes, that one captured the transitional era of Cartoon Network perfectly. The animation, the backgrounds, the livelyness, it's a really good episode with some really good animation.

I bet if the later seasons had the same animation as the first 2 seasons but kept the same content it still has, people would like them more.

are you going to be okay

The last season had an incredible drop in writing quality. No one seemed to have any prior experience writing anything. It's lucky the last batch of episodes got better.

Rigby was highly flanderized to being a fucking retard, constantly saying words wrong and becoming a jackass at random times, the way they handled revealing Pops' origins was slow and by the time it got there we figured it out already and the reveal was boring but also cliche as fuck, and I still can't get over that in the 8TH SEASON they had a plot of "new characters come in but they're bad and the only people who know are the main characters and everyone else doesn't believe them". How do you fucking do that?

Plus they had a huge lack of giving a shit with their characters being in SPACE, it was like a background design change for the first half of the season with the space-related stories being pretty grounded. Also, for a show that focused on characters and how they feel about things, they hardly mentioned missing their family and wanted to talk to them again, friends too. The pacing was beyond horrible.

I can only imagine how wonderful the finale would be if it was Season 5 or earlier. Exit 9B is almost always regarded as the pinnacle idea of a finale, but by then they already started with the "dead end job" hinting that no one really liked being there sometimes, especially Mordecai, so a true finale would've settled on that.

After a few seasons this show lost the little things, and it added up.