Brie Larson Says She Loves Where Captain Marvel Is At In The Comics Right Now

comicbookmovie.com/captain_marvel/brie-larson-says-she-loves-where-captain-marvel-is-at-in-the-a148898

Shit taste tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GD6mipxgrkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck else did you expect her to say, even if she hated it?

the comic is garbage and brie is garbage

Honestly she is just shilling but if you don't like something you can dance around things and say you're not familiar with what they're doing but they're talented creators and everyone deserves to put their own spin on the concept. Or similarly empty bullshit. Endorsement is not the only lane.

> "I feel a great responsibility. I have so many conversations with fans about the universe and this character in particular. I’m grateful for social media for that, actually — it’s such a great way to connect with people, to understand what it is they love about this character, what it is they hope to see. Where this character’s at in the comic books is such an inspiring space right now. I’m so grateful to be part of it."

This is legit what she says, there is nothing about her saying she "loves where captain marvel is at in the comics"

if you can forgive the dyke look then yeah I'd say she is in a pretty good spot

it's interesting that she's finally achieved her goal of popularity while struggling with the responsibility

that's called character development and is more than KSD ever did

A butch dyke who had her title stolen by a muslim?

>Honestly she is just shilling but if you don't like something you can dance around things and say you're not familiar with what they're doing but they're talented creators and everyone deserves to put their own spin on the concept. Or similarly empty bullshit. Endorsement is not the only lane.

See, that's stupid because it would give bad press to the movie ''so she doesn't know about the character and yet she is playing her????''

I mean, it won't happend because people seems to give a pass to Marvel about anything, but you know what I mean

>Where this character’s at in the comic books is such an inspiring space right now. I’m so grateful to be part of it.
It's not those exact words, but it's close enough

Well, she didn't lose her name. She got a title.

Why wouldn't she love where carol is at. Thus is going to be huge for her. She gets to play the first woman facist who is also the very first RIGHT facist. She gets to kill people who she doesn't like and rule with an iron fist imprisoning those she deems unworthy. She gets to play that on the big screen. Hell if I were here I'd be excited as well

I feel like there's not a huge expectation of keeping up with current ongoings from actors especially when they already more or less said that they're not basing the movie on a specific arc.

What a dumb bitch. What more could you expect from a Marvelfag though?

That's a pre-Civil War II quote, the article's just trying to re-contextualize it

>It's not those exact buzzwords, but it's still good bait

>:[

>she is in a pretty good spot
Being a villain? I agree.

I'm fucking shocked. What the hell did you expect? They're just going to make an OC background for Carol anyway.

this

Shut up nerd

She most likely didn't read it because had she read Civil War II she probably wouldn't think so highly of Carol.

I always feel sorry for actors who have to pretend they read Big Two comic books.

It's better if they have to pretend to read some kind of classic. But there's this pained expression they have when they're forced to pose with some current comic (even if the comic is good, like Vision).

>Criticisms about Carol that don't involve whining about her hair

That is not a flattering picture of Paul he looks like he's trying to transition into a combination of Ellen, and Elton John, and not in a good way.

Well it's not like she knows what the comics used to be like. That book she's holding is the first comic book she's ever read.

>>Lead actress shills for upcoming movie role for shitty company hype.

>Well, she didn't lose her name. She got a title.
Warbird was a cooler name than Captain Marvel, though.

Yep, being involved in a Major Comic Book Crossover Event where sales collapsed by 200,000+ is a great spot to be in.

>"And I have to defend this shit book? Man, the things one has to say to keep the job!"

>She gets to play the first woman facist
I'm pretty sure there have been movies about Margaret Thatcher already.

are fans really expecting her to read the book? she's just an actor ffs. they should leave her alone.

>Oh, but before we go, look at this awesome-wonderful craziness below. [...] You thinking what I'm thinking? NERDS!!!
I wonder if people of 2027 would collect and cherish these memorabilia of 2010-s nerd pandering cringe.

Briefags, how do you feel when you're waifu a shit?

>Jean turns him gay so she can watch him make out with another guy and schlick to it
No more mutants!

Brie Larson probably hasn't opened a comic since she took this photo and put it down right after.

I mean, Christ, can you blame her? How long have Marvel's comics been insufferable now?

At last
Larson is not a twig anymore

Thanks Lord
for that

tiddies and dickies.

Marvel and DC

I'd rather read the Flintstones and Lazarus than anything from DC and Marvel these days.
And I love both, Marvel and DC

Flintstones is from DC you dum-dum

>Larson is not a twig anymore

Broadly, *very* broadly, I like where Captain Marvel is at in the comics right now, too.

That Carol has been forced into her current placement like Cinderella's sisters cramming a size 14 foot into a size 3 shoe, is besides the point. That Carol has been pushed down a rather fascistic path to get her here is besides the point.

She is only looking at Big Picture, and the Big Picture is that there is a strong female in the Marvel trinity (sorry, Thor, you're on the outs) who doesn't parade around in a bikini. All us comic readers get pulled down into the minutia but she likes where Carol is heading, even if the path to get there has been shit-paved shit for us.

>Hello fellow comic nerds!

I fucking hate what the MCU has morphed into.

>Broadly, *very* broadly, I like where Captain Marvel is at in the comics right now, too.
Hm, interesting, what do you mean by that...

>there is a strong female
Literally every other female character including Storm, She-Hulk, Black Widow, and fucking Ms. Marvel is more interesting than Carol. Can people stop with the "there were zero strong female characters before [current year]" bullshit?

>in the Marvel trinity
Marvel has no "Trinity". "Trinity" is DC's bullshit marketing term to pretend that Wondy is as bestselling as Batman or as iconic as Superman, which she is not. Marvel has no "Trinity", it has Avengers, which don't require exactly 3 members.

>who doesn't parade around in a bikini
Oh yeah, that's the greatest achievement of feminism. Women's rights have been held down by fictional characters showing bare thighs for too long. No real woman would ever show her thighs in real life, after all, it's so demeaning.

At this point, I'm more morbidly curious what the film will look like.

Crap that will be praised to the skies by bribed critics and Twitter bots.

>I'd rather read the Flintstones and Lazarus than anything from DC and Marvel these days.
>And I love both, Marvel and DC
>Flintstones
>DC
This is your life

>That Carol has been pushed down a rather fascistic path to get her here is besides the point.

No, that's definitely the point. Carol is always at her best when she's being a jackbooted fascist who fucks everything up.

pr stunt

This

>all superheroines except Carol parade around in bikinis
I wanna live in your alternate reality, user.

>shit actress has shit taste
Color me surprised

If only AC Comics was that good at reprinting Golden Age books.

Well, that technically did happen in every one of Marvel's swimsuit specials... to bad they didn't let Kris Anka do a new one

Proof that the Academy would give an Oscar to literally anyone just not to award black people

1. who is this

2a. why didn't she write this piece

2b. why didn't the writer just give their own opinion with a more substantial headline

>with a more substantial headline
You Won't Believe What Brie Larson Just Said About Captain Marvel!!!
like that?

This is my first option

and my last option for Carol Danvers

But, I am not Kevin Feige

>I am not Kevin Feige
There's still a future for you, user.

Paul was the most fucked over actor in the MCU because he was making good money for just lending his voice, and now thanks to Joss Whedon he has to spend the rest of his life walking around in red makeup and a cape.

Maybe in 2047

>Brie Larson Says She Loves Where Captain Marvel Is At In The Comics Right Now

>Cap Marvel, not She-Hulk

She-Hulk will be made in CGI, m8

Jessica Biel Height: 5′ 7''
She-Hulk Height: 6'7"
Carol Danvers Height: 5'11"

>Cap Marvel, not She-Hulk

Carol Danvers has an athletic body, how about reading some comics?

Is this cannon?

>thinking they actually meant painting Biel green and not playing Jennifer Walters
You're one of those special kind of autistics, aren't you?

That makes sense then. Her solo book was alright, though i failed to keep up with the scans after issue 7 or so. And her on Ultimates was great. Carol was in a great spot before CW2

Olsen has a couple videos of her reading or explaining Scarlett Witch. She had fun with it. She really liked the No More Mutants page.

How BLACKED do you think Brie is gonna get in the movie?
On the scale from 1 to 9 inches

I alread write that:

She-Hulk will be made in CGI, m8

They need to get Olsen into SW's costume from the comics. She has the tits to pull it off.

And here I though she would say she hates the comics and doesn't want anyone to watch her movie.

DAS SEKSEST

>no tits
Thank you, feminists.

Describe the new Captain Marvel comic in 5 words. You have only 5 words.

>A psycological Tour de France
>It's hot garbage from Marvel
>They literally killed my waifu
>It Panders to non-comicbook readers
>I'll just stick to Rebirth

>Brie Larson is a fascist sympathizer

I didn't need another reason to dislike this woman

>I fucking love fascist women.

>Mediocre atbest, boring at worst

>Closeted lesbian protects Earth, violently.

>Marvel SJW trash

I hate to say literallywho but I seriously do not have any idea who that is

Where my fellow Carolfags at?

CAPTAIN MARVEL IS AMAZING

Medriocre with Good art.

>yaaas queen slay queen slay

thiccfag GTFO

thinn is the new hotness

Marvel seems to underpay their shills, they're getting more and more obvious

This is the design for the officially Disney funded MCU advertisement Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

In the other thread.

>Where is my Billy Batson?

She looks cute with short hair too, though my favorite was probably where she didn't have a real side-cut but tucked half of her hair back and it looked kinda like 90s Rogue

that's why I always appreciated it when Michael Gabon was asked if he read the Harry Potter books he was like lol no I just read the scripts.

Not for me and for 80% of the world.

Carol Marvel is such shit and Brie is such a great actress I'm pretty hopeful we'll just see a complete character reinvention similar to RDJ's Stark.

And the MCU.

youtube.com/watch?v=GD6mipxgrkA

The comment section kek.

I haven't read any of the new shit but I really don't care about the costume change all I want to be kept is Carol as a flawed super man who loves to kill yet tries and fails to be superman. Is she at least queen bitch alien murderer?