strawpoll.me/14344452
youtube.com/watch?v=58lBu4163pA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STD

HE'S FAT

No one says STV or STE though.

Best ST Captains

Who was in the wrong here?

he was just bulking. he couldn't work out while he was bulking because he had a bad back

Well done, OP. Really good idea to import this idiotic autism from /DIS/STD/DSC/ over to /trek/

The Enterprise crew.

Reply to this post if you agree with the following:
>TOS = TNG > DS9 > STD > VOY > ENT > JJ
>TAS is non-canon
>Klingons have had multiple design changes over the last 40 years and it's fine
>Hard Mode: Real fans watch everything

>Those optical chyrons are gorgeous.
Mike, if you're reading this, good job.

The negro refused the look at the bigger picture if I remember correctly. Asteroid? Climate change?

ENT was good fight me

I true ranking is
DS9 >= TOS > TNG > who gives a shit

Don't reply to this post if you agree with the following:
>TNG>DS9=TOS>ENT>whocareslol
>TAS is pretty irrelevant, but should still be watched
>Klingon design since TNG should've been the norm and there was no need to change it again
>no_true_scotsman.doc

Stellar core fragment

Sorry, not watching STD

>TAS is pretty irrelevant, but should still be watched

no

the only agreeable thing you said was the klingon design was good the way it was

Steamrunner or Akira?

It's ok if you want to watch it, just don't pay for it to support it.

it has a few good moments

but overall it's just so dull and uninteresting

>Rommel
What's wrong with you? Chang is clearly Moshe Dayan

I'm still baffled that they absolutely wanted a Cajun/Florida guy as chief engineer and they picked an actor from the state of washington out of all place for the job

More appropriate cold war reference, but I was mostly referring to the mutual respect between the two, warrior to warrior

Why be this obstinately steadfast yet expend the energy to be vocal about it? At this point, you might find it more cathartic to just watch it and "rip it to shreds." But I know why you're afraid.
You know you'll like it.

Who was in the wrong here?

I don't see how anybody who likes Trek could watch STD and like it as a Trek show. It's hardly even passable as a regular show, it's really TWD levels of retardation.

you sound like you just watched the shitty first two episodes and then didn't touch the show afterwards

Do you want to talk about this or will will you disregard anything I have to say because I like it? If not, what are some of your favorite Trek episodes, any and all series, just so I can get some insight to your tastes?

Phlox, for so blatantly misunderstanding the theory of evolution. Archer for not having the balls to force him to give them the cure,

See also: Threshold

Phlox, no PD to violate yet.

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

I watched the first 3 episodes. The sixth(?) has beer pong. This third episode that this clip is from was touted as "real trek" by the shills. What a joke.

>Favourite Episodes
Data's Day, pretty much all of the 2 parters with the exception of the one Klingon 2 parter, Tuvix, Riddles, Frame of Mind, The Visitor, Emissary, Chain of Command gets a special mention even though it's included above, Duet, etc.

Which Trek ship had the best crew quarters?

trektoday.com/interviews/john_billingsley.shtml
>Originally, 'Dear Doctor' was supposed to end in a different manner. "The ending that had initially been created I was fairly comfortable with. But the head of the studio suggested some revisions on the ending. What do you do? I wasn't as happy with the revisions, but it's not my show, you have to sort of adjust, even if sometimes it does seem a bit of a contradiction in terms for what your character is supposed to be about."
>So how did the ending change? "[In the original version,] in this crisis of conscience, the Doctor essentially does something that violates the standard issue hierarchical obligations of a crewmember to his captain," he explains. "In effect, he makes a decision that's rooted in 'I've got bigger fish to fry,' rather than honoring his captain's wishes. The network essentially felt that no, it was important to essentially make sure that everyone was here to support the captain's decisions. Personally I thought, 'Well, I think you've kind of lost something interesting in this potential tension.' But, that's not my call."
>Although disappointed, it's important to note that Billingsley doesn't have a major issue with this. "Everybody's got so many different agendas," says Billingsley, "and I can appreciate that one of the things they want to do - especially in the first season- is to really do whatever they can to support the idea of the captain being a very strong, and in control person. If they feel they undercut that in any way, they get worried. I understand that, but at the same time I think some of what makes the show - what makes any show - so interesting, is creating some of the tensions that exist between the characters."
Shit like this makes Enterprise so much more unwatchable to me than Discovery.

oh also The Cage

I don't think anyone said that clip was "real trek"

it's amusing sure, but no it's not real trek

I really need to know
strawpoll.me/14344452

it's an organic process

TNG, but only marginally. They were very different shows and hard to compare.

DS9 has firedancers and 13 full Vic Fontaine songs. TNG had Joe Piscapo as the funniest man in history and the crew constantly putting on plays for some reason. Trek, especially early season entries has some speed bumps (Trek fatigue and Prequel backlash is why Enterprise couldn't pull out of that slump)
My working theory is most of the poor decisions regarding Klingons is some CBS head wanting to capture what Games of Thrones was able to do (Main Character deaths! Barbarians with a fake language!) and pushed it hard. They've already said the Klingon War doesn't extend past this season.

Not interested due to the political stuff, but that doesn't make me any less of a Trek fan

>firedancers
>a tradition with deep cultural background and cultural meaning
>beer pong
>something unintelligent drunk kids do to fit in

>Two shows that have been off the air for decades
It only matters what you prefer, but TNG will be universally more beloved. Odo was no Data.

>Vic "CGI space battles are expensive" Fontaine

Jeez, Kelley actually looked like he was 100+ years old, what the fuck happened to him?

>Illiterate island people playing with burning sticks has lasting cultural value
See we could do this all day

>All those old uniforms in the background

GREAT SCOTT

makeup to make him look older

>smudges of ash on walls by idiot retards that didn't even have language has cultural value

The internet existed when Beer Pong was "popular"

it's already fading out as a fad, too.

>putting on plays for some reason
Nevermind you are just american

why

Damn, I really wish they would have gone one way or the other with the uniforms in Generations, it really doesn't make any sense why they would have the two styles side by side.

How many plays did your village put on last spring Günter?

Didn't he have cancer by this point?

Furthermore, beer pong inclusion is either writers that are so out of touch they should be put in a care home, or a desperate plea for an audience that isn't interested. Either way you look at it it's pathetic.

Unless you want to tell me that firedancing was a really cool thing that all the kids in the 90s/00s were into and thought was fucking cool!

Fella, I really get the impression there was a party where someone you liked played beer pong and you weren't invited.

youtube.com/watch?v=58lBu4163pA

Odo was a fucking space sheriff. He was badass. I loved him. I AM THE LAW.

Someone do Odo with Dredd's helmet.

Ancient earth culture is popular on Voyager. It has been well established in the series. Are you going to tell me these are equivalent?

Couldn't they just set it on the Enterprise-E or the Titan. It wouldn't be so obvious if he was wearing the mostly black First Contact uniform.

It's actually DSC

I like Star Trek.

I partied a bunch in the 90s. I went to both high school and college campus parties. First time I ever seen beer pong was on TV in the late 90s. High school and college parties depicted in TV and movies are not how they actually were.

I'm almost through the first season of Voyager.
It was better than the first seasons of DS9 and TNG.

DS9>TNG>TOS>DSC>ENT>TAS>VOY

Trip looks so much like brad pitt it's uncanny sometimes

I'm not sure I agree but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. personally I think season 1 DS9 is the best.

Parties never look fun on tv. Is it an example of out of touch producers trying to be hip? Absolutely. But if you love Trek as much as I think you do, you'd be a hypocrite and a liar to deny that THIS wasn't the exact same thing.

He said even if they did give them the warp technology they needed finding a cure was really slim. Also the humans aren't the only ones in the fucking universe, it's not our responsibility to help anyone. This was just a case of mother nature running it's course. Nobody did anything wrong. There was nothing anyone could do.

>mother nature
Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!

Why is she the one in the back? Because he's protecting her? That'd make sense

>t. centrist

WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ISN'T RIKER AT ALL!

Unfortunately, that's something that happens to a lot of people as they get older.

WOOOW

>Alien parasites are mind controlling everyone? Believe me, somewhere in Starfleet this has happened before.

WHY IS JANEWAY SUCH A TERRIBLE CAPTAIN

SHE CONSTANTLY RUINS EVERY CULTURE THEY COME IN CONTACT WITH

PRIME DIRECTIVE? MORE LIKE WHATEVER HER FEELINGS SAY FOR THE MOMENT

YET YOU CAN TELL THE WRITERS MAKE HER LOOK INFALLIBLE

GOSH SUCH A BAD CHARACTER

>using mushrooms to go faster

Wow, so original.

>petulant whining
>all caps to indicate high pitched shrieking
>irrational hatred towards women
Nailed it. Now do Junkball Media!

>redditors are abandoning their containment threads and destroying /trek/

Is nothing sacred? Look at this thread and tell me there is a god.

I didn't enjoy Voyager, but I didn't get this impression from her either. She always made the right choice when it came to respecting other alien cultures even over her own crews. Might have sucked they had to stay in the DQ for 4 years but That's a small price to pay for upholding yours and the federations values.

>In 2014, he confided that his wife suffers from mental illness and has been known to disappear for extended periods of time. Although the marriage is a very loving one, Chuck lives in dread of his wife not returning home. He's more worried about his children than himself.
>In the TOS episode, "What Are Little Girls Made of?", he took umbrage with Nurse Chapel's admonishment of Spock over a (supposedly) garbled recording of her long-lost beau. "Have you been engaged?," she asked. Chuck shot back that if his wife left him for 5 years, he'd be grasping at straws and interpreting any, every voice as hers. This was closer to truth than we knew at the time...

>Unironnically this

>SFDebris
why do people take this man seriously?

TNG, but I think both are great television shows.

For this scene they got Worf's Russian dad to be the stunt double after dyeing his hair brown

Could you make $60k a year bitching about Voyager filler episodes?

Brunt EFF SEE AYY

>tfw no reality warping, ice cold bitch trying to own me

I would have been licking her boots within 5 minutes, I don't care if she was a fraud.

remove the time travel and xindi and it's fine