Cee-lo Green made the biggest contribution to the "comic accurate costumes can look good" argument...

Cee-lo Green made the biggest contribution to the "comic accurate costumes can look good" argument. This nigga looks baller as fuck. I want my proper Dormammu now.

He looks like a constipated Star Trek alien.

They can look good, but it really depends on the costume.

Spider-man is a good example, his costume is so good that it's barely been changed since his introduction.

I think most modern costumes look good enough now, though. But look at the original Captain America with his weird pirate boots, or Superman and his briefs and they just look very fucking silly and wouldn't translate well to live action at all.

He looks more like a golden Thanos tbqh

>Superman and his briefs and they just look very fucking silly and wouldn't translate well to live action at all.
Except for those times they did translate well.

>Cee-lo Green
>wears all gold
What a moron.

This nigga looks like a limited edition Mcdonald's toy. Old fat bionicle lookin' ass.

Don't you DARE talk shit about superhero pirate boots!

>wouldn't translate well to live action at all

>Cee-lo Green made the biggest contribution to the "comic accurate costumes can look good" argument.

No, it was Axel Braun who made the biggest contribution to "comic accurate costumes can look good".

But people don't want comic accurate costumes, they want tacticool suits, because they want to see bad asses, not circus strongmen.

Thank you for helping to prove my point by posting something that looks very cheap and silly.

Okay, you can leave now.

>This terrible taste

A: buccaneer boots are forever.

B: the trunks serve to break up the coloration on the suit and few attempts to remove them account for this and instead get caught up on how stupid they look.

Also they kind of help people from seeing your junk if you cosplay.

A: I can't argue with that because I like the word buccaneer.

B: In Superman's case I think a good belt and some red accents placed around would help a lot. Something like pic related would be nice.

And cosplay should be the last thing on a designers mind when making a costume

Captain America's costume would look fine if made out of proper materials like his MCU suit.

Give him actual scalemail, buccaneer boots that don't flare out forever but go out a reasonable length, and it's fine.

His USO costume looked like shit because they purposely made it ill-fitting and out of cheap materials, it was the joke.

Those don't look good either though because they're made of shit materials and need insane lighting effects to look presentable.

To be fair, that's just how he looks normally. It's not the costumes fault.

You mean 40 years ago?

To be honest Reeves had a huge part in selling off the costume. Put the briefs on Cavill and it'd look silly as fuck.

Cap really needs to have a helmet. Pic related looks fucking horrible.

The scalemail wouldn't look bad if done properly. The wings are a no-no. I feel indifferent to the boots.

>GoldExperienceRequiem.jpg

Cmon now, that's an obvious joke with any work on the actual stand name.

Also that suit itself has a name "Gnarly Davidson" so you coulda at least done that.

I thought it was the other way around.

DEAD I AM THE RAT
FEAST UPON THE CAT
TENDER IS THE FUR
DYING AS YOU PURR

Cee lo has been his name ever since he stopped doing Gnarls Barkley, this new persona some kind of anti-stand who hates cee lo.

There's lore already.

Cee-lo Green is his performance name

Gnarls Barkley is a collaboration between Green and Dangermouse

What's up with his nose? Why does it look so big?

(((Hollywood)))

Craaaaaazy

that's not a bad take on it. Not enough red at the waist for my tastes but at least someone tried to address the 'too much blue' issue.

On the cosplay keep in mind in live action editions actors will be wearing skin tight bodysuits and their junk will be on display. Its less an issue for comics since they have a long tradition of just drawing characters naked and painting on the clothes (pretty much an art work around) but the trunks serve as an extra layer in a RL costume that keeps you from staring at a dude's compacted balls and dick. Easy enough to account for with some padding but some professional costumes have failed with these issues.

The new gold ranger looks great

HE IS

THE GOLD RAPIST

>Not liking pirate boots or briefs
Goyer plz leave

Yet everyone is making fun of how it looks. In the eyes of everyone else it would be laughed at and that's what producers don't want.

Maybe I missed the point, what was he trying to cosplay?

>Im-fucking-plying

It takes some doing to make Chris Evans look like a fucking dweeb but they really pulled it off.

It's comic accurate, that doesn't mean it translates well. It worked in those films because they were very campy, but those in a "serious" superhero film and it would be a joke.

I'm not hating on Reeves Superman, it's just the reality of the situation.

>a "serious" superhero film
This is the problem here

Player two color.

>not Stand Name: 「Crazy」

What's the belt even holding up?

They laugh because it's juxtaposed against real life and people dressed normally. If you read old ass comics, citizens even thought that heroes looked and dressed strange. The idea is to be larger and greater than life. Not to blend in with it.

Cavill got the job specifically BECAUSE he came to the audition in a proper Superman outfit and it looked good.