Alien: Ridley Scott Says ‘The Beast Has Almost Run Out’

screenrant.com/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-sequels-future/

I'm not even gonna copy and paste his nonsense. Long story short, Ridley sold his soul like so many other filmmakers like Cameron and Spielberg and Lucas, and decided to just make utter shit and drive what was a good franchise into the ground. Most fans of the Alien franchise were happy and content with expanded universe stuff like video games and comics and novels, we realized a good film was almost impossible to do because there was really nowhere else to go with the Alien storyline, but no, guys in suits decided they need to milk a cow even if it means putting it to death in the process

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-sequels-future/
ew.com/movies/2017/06/05/alien-5-totally-dead-neill-blomkamp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Solution: don't consume the new products?
Covenant or any other flick being bad doesn't change Alien being good.

I just want the Alien Queen and the Colonial Marines in another movie, do it like Starship Troopers if necessary.

Also more mech suits.

I just want more fake biology, like David's laboratory in Covenant, or the facehugger autopsy from Alien.

>"And so I was right, I was ahead of the game."

Oh fuck off you old shit. You fucked the series up more than anyone else had.

He already said this a couple of times. The xeno being in Covenant was forced on him by the studio and was easily the worst part of the movie. If they do another one hopefully it'll be left out entirely.

>screenrant.com/ridley-scott-alien-covenant-sequels-future/
Dat brachialis tho.

The thing that pisses me off the most about it was that it just killed the mystery of the xenomorphs altogether. I mean that's it? An evil AI created them?

The original premise for Covenant was David making xeno/alien animal hybrids on the engineer planet and I think that would've been a lot better.

I felt like Alien 1, Aliens and Resurrection had a very nice straightforward progression.

Alien 3 was like an odd side-story that didn't really add much.

Anyway. First movie sets up the monster and the setting. The second movie expands on it and shows us more of the setting and more of the danger and Resurrection brings that danger back to Earth.

It kind of makes sense. The fourth and final movie, in capable hands, would showcase just how fucked up Earth would become if xenos were actually deployed there.

After the transition from prometheus which wasn't a half bad story to covenant which was a complete clusterfuck, who's surprised? He's just pulling the pin now because A. he's probably super over the franchise by now and B. apparently coped flak for trying to take the franchise in an interesting more in depth direction (prom) so he just catered with covenant and ballsed the whole show up. I'd be like "yeah nah i'm done save for one or two more future cash grabs for my retirement fund" as well.

Those guys in suits are pretty dumb because they could have just made that Aliens sequel that was in the works and raked in that easy reddit money. Scott could have then focused on Blade Runner if he wanted to make a series of robot movies.

Remember how cool and mysterious this was before the last two movies?

Yeah

Exactly! We had all sorts of theories about the origin of the xenomorphs and the Engineers, but all knew we didn't want an official backstory because the mystery was better

so when are we getting a naked David scene, now that's the real question

At least the talks here before alien movies are fun, oddly decent even.

>a good film was almost impossible to do because there was really nowhere else to go with the Alien storyline
So untrue. Aliens on Earth. Humans on a planet that's infested, constantly having to keep them at bay (maybe placating them by giving them their undesirables). Intelligent other Aliens using xenos as troops. Don't you have any imagination?

Covenant and Prometheus are better than Alien 3.

This. The logical next step was humans fucking up Earth with a xeno infestation.

senile fuck has to stop ruining it already.

>the beast has almost run out
It ran out in the 80s at the absolute latest.

>drive what was a good franchise into the ground
The franchise should have ended with Aliens and after Resurrection it was irredeemable. There hasn't been a good Alien movie in almost thirty years. Bear that in mind.

maybe he should have put some fucking aliens in the movies. what a boner

This. I want Mobile Suit Gundam (or smaller mech suits like in District 9) vs Aliens.

One of the novel series had a nice backstory that I enjoyed that used the common assumption that the Xenomorphs were bioweapons of the Engineers that got loose on that guys ship and crashed it.

Yeah, didn't we see concept art with Hicks remote controlling a xeno?

You are literally retarded

You are literally a faggot. Alien 3 was one of the worst abominations put to screen and actually ruined the previous entries.

This was the most common fan theory and I agree the most likely

Also one novel that came out recently talked about the colonists exploring the crashed ship and finding a queen alien and engineer corpse dead next to each other

Underage

There is nothing wrong with the concept of an Alien prequel. The problem was the final cut was just bad, important scenes were deleted.

>run franchise into the ground
>declare that it has "run out of steam"

based hackley ruining everything for everyone

>muh ad hominem

Ridley shill

When we only had Alien 3 to harp on sure, you could say what you just said no contest.

But we got more movies. And let's be real here, all those movies made Alien 3 look like Christmas morning.

>Alien 3 was one of the worst abominations put to screen
Nah it's great. Definitely not as good as it could have been because the studio fucked with it so much but still pretty good.
>and actually ruined the previous entries.
No it didn't. Hicks and Newt had exhausted their potential as characters. Fincher did the only logical thing and killed them off.

Prometheus and Covenant didn't kill off Ridley's character development and at least tried to do something different besides being a far inferior remake of the original.

>we realized a good film was almost impossible to do because there was really nowhere else to go with the Alien storyline

Horseshit. There's thousands of comics with great storylines already written. Any could be easily used. But no, let's destroy all the canon instead, Ridley.

It's not great at anything. It's only real thing going for it is a good cast and one of the most iconic images of the series.

Man i just watched covenant and the i don't like the ending desu. Guess i am just a brainlet that likes happy ever afters, what is David going to do with all the colonists? Why continue to Oregon 6 when he has all his shit on the planet they are directly under.

Ridley
Ripley
How did I not notice this before?

I want a story with a bioengineered queen who has grown massive tits and has a slobbering wet slit.

Is 2/3 ok?

Wait so this cunt is saying the alien franchise isn't worth it anymore AFTER he pushed out the turd that was Covenant and AFTER he told Neil Blomkamp to shove his Alien 5 project up his ass?

ew.com/movies/2017/06/05/alien-5-totally-dead-neill-blomkamp/

Fuck Ridley Scott, holy shit. Basically the equivalent of fucking up during a game and taking the ball home.

Who cares? Blompkamps movie would have been shit as well. Just a rehash of Aliens with older actors.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

>just a rehash of Aliens
I literally don't see the problem with that

I want another movie like Alien Resurrection

why on earth do you want another movie like Alien Resurrection

Also more mech suits
It would have been amazing

Ridley Scott is senile and has become a hack, though it's well within the realms of probability that he just got lucky on a couple of films and has actually always been a hack.

I mean I know it shit all over what an Alien movie should be, but I loved every second of it

I didn't know I wanted this until now