So one thing I was wondering: Suppose we have a cartoon done by western producers for western audience...

So one thing I was wondering: Suppose we have a cartoon done by western producers for western audience, but it was made by japanese animators in a japanese animation style, would that be considered an "anime" or a western cartoon?

Simple rule is that if the script was originally written in Japanese, it's anime. If it was originally in English or some other non-Japanese language, it's not anime even if Japs did the animation.

Obviously Japanese animation is involved, but it's not considered anime for the same reason most American cartoons of the last couple decades aren't seen as South Korean.

Cleo threads survived for at least a day and a half.

Cleo thread it is then

(PS can someone tell me the artist(s) who did the 2 sketches in this post, reverse image comes up with nothing)

its anime by principle that it was animated by japanese and in Japan.
so yes it would still be technically anime.

i think you can find sources in booru.

Which of these 2 niggers is correct?

A cartoon made by western producers for western audience, exported to japanese animators to make it in a japanese animation style is still a western cartoon.
Source: Pictured,

the difference comes when the japanese artist also designs the characters
like thundercats isnt anime because even though all the goodness of the art is japcaused, the actual designer artist is american (and he's just.. well, not awful, but much worse than the art in the show)

am i doing it right?

Who be these?

background characters on Animaniacs
Tokyo Movie Shinsha makes hot ladies no matter the style

I hope this fact has been thoroughly shoved up Sup Forums-related board's asses at at least one point.

Yes it's anime
And a lot of idiots don't realize that mario is anime too, it's the same anime as final fantasy and metal gear is.

this whole thread

If it's good, it belongs to the one you prefer, if it's bad, it belongs to the other one.

>Suppose we have a cartoon done by western producers for western audience, but it was made by japanese animators in a japanese animation style
You mean, Teen Titans?

Both, but if you really want a single answer it's the animated one.

The OP, only a complete fool would disagree.

>Teen Titans
>Done in Japan

FAIL

Doesn't matter, it's all animated by Koreans anyway.

_ ____ __ ______ ___ ___.

The left one is Smagg.

Fuck off, TMS fag.

He will reply "that was not him." He always does. He cannot help himself.

i like that some of the episodes literally ended with sex.

Inspector Gadget is another example of American written/designed, but with a ton of Japanese tropes thrown in by the animators.

What is....
KEYFRAMES

Reminder that Cleo is literally a slut and they admit this one of the episodes

she agreed to go steady but he cheated on her on the first possible occasion.

>Anime
>Done in Japan
It's Korean mate.

What the fuck even is this

80's Callie.