I've seen all of the GiTS anime adaptations...

I've seen all of the GiTS anime adaptations, is this worth a watch if I'm a fan of the setting looking for a mindless flick to shut my brain off to?

I was trying to shut my brain off while watching it
I knew it was shit, got drunk beforehand and expected nothing and I was still let down and bored out of my mind

it's like a rule 63 version of blade runner yes

it sucks dude

The heck are you asking us for? You could have been done watching it by now you dingus

Is it really that much of a letdown? I was just going to DUDE WEED it up and watch for the visuals and Scarjo Motoko.

That sounds perfect, but I don't have high expectations

Fuck

I fucking loved it

way more than the original.

What did you like about it? I'm going to go get some snacks then watch it.

Surprisingly, it isn't bad. I'd give it a 7/10. For reference I'd rate the original a 9/10

I liked it and I've watched the anime

It's different.
Only thing that truly doesn't make sense is why she's a super soldier given her new backstory.

This has given me some hope. Previous anime adaptations have changed her backstory around before so I won't mind.

I'm going to get massive shit flung at me

but basically the story made a lot more sense to me. And I just LIKED it more. Rather than trying to imply sentience was literally born from the information super high way or what ever the fuck the original tried to imply, it's something you can still sort of identify with, especially this day and age since excessively large corporations are usually pretty fucking evil.

I really liked the acting (Fling shit, just do it and get it out of your system you faggots)

I loved the scenery, and the various instances of replicating scenes from the original movie, i felt like they were all really well done.

Kinda makes me wanna go watch it right now.

my opinions on this film are largely very unpopular, but that's usually the case, so fuck all of you.

>spending 2 hours debating whether or not to watch hour and a half movie
the fuck is your time so important pleb? takes literally 5 mins to donwload the movie dnw atch

yea, its another legit original take on the whole basic idea of it. don't stop partway through though, if you start it.

Its better than Arise, so it can't get any worse from its franchise.

>tfw actually liked arise
T-the openings were pretty good and Motoko was a qt

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, but I couldn't even tell you what even happened in it. All that I can remember is that it was a fairly loose adaption of the first animated movie.

Visually maybe but even there it achieves maybe 20% of the effect Bladerunner had

>they turned Ghost in the Shell into another amnesiac Jason Bourne plot
>they missed the point of Ghost in the Shell this badly

Every day I remember how lucky we are that 2049 exists.

>Literally Redd:t: the post
Get off your high horse you fucking faggot, you're anonymous here

>Coke
>Sour Gummy Worms
>Doritos Salsa Verde
r8 my snacks

Just see it for the visuals and as a gesture of appreciation to the franchise. For an action movie, and a sci-if at that, it's not bad.

The anime pinnacle is SAC 2nd Gig, and for the manga it's Man-Machine Interface. Both of these assume you know the lore and the concepts.

The live-action movie is for the general public. Waifu figurines are geared toward an obsessive fan base. If the difference is clear, then you'll probably enjoy it.

I loved it. This is another movie you have been told to hate but once you watch it you like it a lot. I hate when this happens.. The white washing thing wasn't real at all. It's actually a part of the storyline.

Yes.

OP, it's not great but watchable. Basically a female Robocop under the guise of a Ghost in the Shell movie!!!FACT!!!

Original Manga>95 movie>SAC season 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else!!!FACT!!!

Visually it’s an outstanding movie.

Yes.