Dormammu Concept Art From Doctor Strange

comicbookmovie.com/doctor_strange/new-dormammu-concept-art-from-marvels-doctor-strange-is-even-a148766

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GOcPVmS2-_4?t=1m23s
youtube.com/watch?v=9e5epVDd9h0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Id like this in the future but with the ripply face

at least they didnt go with this

not Ditko enough
Derrickson made the right call

Why did marvel fuck up and give us a gay giant head?

Fuck off with this semi-human face and weird feathered spikes shit.

Just use this design with more detail, and maybe throw some cosmic effects in his cloak and fire.

All those designs are fucking awful.

I'm glad we got giant stripped face instead.

THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE

WELCOME TO MY REALM

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

So are we just going to throw this copypasta on every Marvel movie just for the sake of it?

>thinking this edgelord shit wouldn't look gay as fuck on screen

The MCP?

this movie fucking sucks

DocStrange is too old to be learning magic

Gee, user, that sound super autistic, are you okay?

>I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
I always wonder what lives the autists I see at my movie theater live, but it seems they just post on Sup Forums.

It's not Harry Potter, dingus.

OH BABY
>implying his flaming energy head wont burst through the cracks in his mask

Why is concept art always superior?

that shit is gay

this looks like a dceu villain. ow the edge

this shit is final boss as fuck. i'd take this but i keep seeing a hoodie

this is also baller, but it's way too distracting

Only god knows

And yet all these artists are way more talented and successful than your dumb ass ever will be.

It's pretty much common sense isn't? It's a drawing, it's about a million times easier to draw a fucking amazing drawing than it is t bring it to life

>implying planets sprouting out of your head wouldnt be amazing

>TONY TODD recorded dialogue for Dormammu but Marvel scrapped them to double-cast Cummerbund

Everytime I imagine what could have been I bust a fucking nut

youtu.be/GOcPVmS2-_4?t=1m23s

its pasta you dip

Is this too hard? Really?

Way too generic, looks like the headless horseman. The movie version is nothing special but don't tout this design as some winning formula that Marvel missed out on.

his movie version was great

Do you seriously expect normies to distinguish between supernatural burning headman 1 and supernatural burning headman 2 ?

>unironically defending the MCU

>implying that matters
>implying normies give a shit about MCU villains not named Loki

Why do comic book villains have to be clouds?
Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, and now this shit.

I'm not a huge expert on Dormammu, but I'll try and have ago at these.

A pretty good design on its own, but rooted very much in human anatomy. Would work well as a design for something like Lucifor, or some other evil earth based entity, that is closely connected with humans, but it doesn't really work for Dormammu.

A bit more eldritch, but still very human in design. Also very bland color scheme. Reminds me of some sort of death, or decay entity, but just like the first, it doesn't really look like Dormammu.

A pretty good one. Keeps his rippled head from his early designs, while having a good contrast on the darkest of the space around him, and the fiery light emitted by him. It also keeps him grand. This screams cosmic entity.

This is probably my favorite so far. This screams inter dimensional and otherworldly. I guess it could be confusing to see in motion, but that's also the point. You don't know at which angle you're viewing him. I do think this would have been hard to pull off though, and as such I can see why it would have been scrapped.

This doesn't really evoke anything higher than superhuman. Some fire based villain, or at most a cheap design for an evil demigod. But it is a solid design for a villain, it's just that nothing about it screams cosmic.

What I like most about most of these designs is that they remove my biggest gripe with the final design; the pupils and iris. Having those instantly makes him less otherworldly, and even the face in and feels less human.

>unironically hating on the mcu there by unironically defending the DCEU

I agree with you about the eyes in the final version making him look more human and less otherworldly, but it's interesting to note that they also seem to resemble the Helix Nebula (NGC 7293), which the designers may have intended to add to the "cosmic" effect.

Here's the Helix Nebula for comparison.

They really gotta start shooting the people in charge of design choices, both of these look great. And as usual the concept art is superior to the finished product.

Not Dormammu-ey, but still better than ripple face, even if it's a nod to his earlier appearances.

>both of these look great
Yeah they do, but neither of them look remotely like Dormammu.

youtube.com/watch?v=9e5epVDd9h0

this movie is ridiculous

I have nothing to hold on to this film like Antman

> I've come to bargain
*Derezzes Strange*
End of Line

Nice...now watch them go with something fucking lame instead. Marvel AND DC always fuck up the final vs concept when it comes to live action. I cringe at thoughts of how Wolfsbane will probably appear in New Mutants.

Dormammu can always come back later.

Take physical form and ignite his head.

What we got was at least 200% more Dormammu than whatever that is, so good job dodging a bullet.

>and as such I can see why it would have been scrapped.
But that one looks like it could easily be the one they reworked to get the final design. It probably wasn't scrapped.

His head was ignited, the flames just flowed outward from the sides of his head, rather than covering his face.

>I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

Really doing your very best to try to poison yourself against the experience of the movie by constantly reinforcing that "I hate reddit memes" meme that Sup Forums has been endlessly meming for the past year or so, huh?

I mean, I get it. It's a popular meme for a reason and I see why some people are so enthusiastic in their embrace of it, but you need to set that "I hate memes" meme aside and let yourself go on the ride sometimes without memeing yourself to death this way.

This reminds me more of Nightmare's dimension than the Dark Dimension somehow. On the surface of it, he looks nothing like Nightmare, and yet it somehow reminds me of him. Sure as heck doesn't look anything like Dormammu though.

I really like this design on its own merit but it's a bit too wild a departure for it to work as Dormammu. I'd love to see it used as its own character in some Hellraiser-esque story as an otherworldly alien presence; those hands that look like they're flickering in and out of existence in segments are quite evocative.

I haven't watched the video, but I'm going to guess that it "should have ended" with like a song and dance number that doesn't resolve the central conflict, right?

>not using this design, flaming head and black cloak

They could even have kept the big doofy void face that they used in the movie, they just needed to have one scene where you see him like this and it implies this this is his real form while the space face is some kind of projection of his power

forgot pic

It's too notfuckingdormammu, fuggoff

As someone who's read all of Dr Strange's comics I'd say you've pretty much got it down pat.
I didn't even realize the iris thing myself until you mentioned it. You're right. Not even the OG Ditko design the final version takes inspiration from has irises. I can't think of a Dormammu design that HAS (besides the times he's literally been a human).

No, the shitty teleporter rings already solve so much conflict

It points out some basic "why didn't they do this?" logical fallacies that Sup Forums's already had a thread countering.

> boots

What the shit does a cosmic powerhouse need gay ass boots for? His entire dimension belongs to him and him alone

And ironically enough the shitty teleporter rings were the one thing wholly unabashedly made by the movie for the movie with no comic inspiration.

tl;dr

Because POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE

It's a 3-year-old copypasta, you've wasted your time.

Hey, it worked in GotG! Why do you think they're doing the same in GotG 2?

is it a vase or two people kissing?

you know what would have made it work?
blue iris, pink pupil, just like the nebula
it would at the very least make it look less human by having the pupils be light

>When you realize Strange put Dormammu into the matrix and was spamming a GOTO script the entire time.

Isn't this the one that we got in the movie, it's just that they only show his head most of the time?

>I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..."

What the fuck does this even mean?

Is it just what you repeat when you don't like a movie and you have to attach just any label you want to it?

>wanting Ghost Rider 2

looks more Adam Warlock's latest clothes than Dormammu, IMHO

This one was still my favorite concept.

That's fucking metal

>help I am a huge faggot please rape my face

Don't talk to John Stamos that way user