Superman - Snyder ruined the character

>Superman - Snyder ruined the character
>Batman - Affleck doesn't want the character anymore
>Wonder Woman - Jenkins said she does like the Suicide Squad film
>Flash - Two directors are out
>Green Lantern - Goyer writes the script
>Cyborg - canceled

DC's only hope is the fucking Aquaman

Knowing DC, they are going to fuck that up as well before it even hits theaters.

Just accept it, DC cinematic universe is trash.

You mean Lego

Snyder killed the DCEU. Quite an accomplishment.

>MoS was made to try to appeal to the folk who think Superman is stupid and lame

What hope does Aquaman have?

>dude Aquaman sucks xD
'sup reddit

DC's only hope is Lego. Lego succeeding and the DCEU failing is a god send because it will finally get it through WB's skull that people want their superheros to be a bit more light hearted even if the threats they face are not.

If they had any sense they would adapt Johns run that address all the shit talking in a fun way. There's no point pretending that Aquaman doesn't have a stigma. But having him shirtless and drinking whiskey out the bottle just comes off as try hard crap

To their credit they did try that with GL and failed. Tone isn't great but obviously how they allow themselves to influence the movies has only made therm worse.

Like I don't know if I want them to really notice Lego because they'll find a way to ruin it.

It's not about being lighthearted, it's about fucking quality

This is the Justice League. You can't have a camp as shit name like that and try and have it be brooding. There's a place for that. If they made a Swamp Thing movie I wouldn't want him dancing in the Swamp to "Come and get your Love"so I don't want Superman constantly questioning himself in a muted horro show

I agree that the quality isn't there either but the mind set going into it was all wrong

The Lego Movie and Lego Batman are both made by WB. I don't know if they're just really hands off with their animation department but if Lego Bat's makes over 600mil they're going to start taking notice. After all it made back it's budget in it's opening weekend alone

>Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot
ftfy

It's funny how after being looked down upon for more then a decade Aquaman is now the only hope for DC to compete with Marvel.

This.
I really don't understand why they're keep making those shitty scripts. I mean, if they want to convince their stories, then at least they have to make people couldn't say about "It doesn't make any sense" type of shit.

>To their credit they did try that with GL and failed.
That's not why GL failed.
And thinking that it is, is the actual problem WB has.

Dude DAE not like DC XDD

The main problem with DC is that they try to emulate Marvel on "their terms" and the end product comes off as an nonsensical amalgamation of the worst things of both franchises.

>This is the Justice League. You can't have a camp as shit name like that and try and have it be brooding.
I'm pretty sure they'll never utter the name "Justice League" in the movie so it's okay.

"You can call us the Super Seven!"

They're making them much more complicated than they need to be. Suicide Squad should have been really simple. Another problem is that every movie has been a world destroying threat when they really don't need to be.

Marvel for the most part has avoided that outside of the Avengers films, Thor 2 and Strange but the stakes were still high. So that's 4 out of 13 or 14. But DC is 3 for 3. I can't imagine Wonder Woman won't be another world ender and Justice League obviously is. The big world ending threat is already stale well before Darkseid shows up

What are the details on Captain Marvel and Black Adam?

The main problem with DC is idiots like you hypothesizing nonsensical reasons for the unsuccess of objectively and technically poorly-put together films based off the common standards of filmmaking and then using those fanboy obsessive reasonings to fuel an endless array of clickbait bullshit and an anti-DC narrative in the mass media.

Nah for all it's faults the DCEU didn't shy away from saying the heroes names. even in MoS they started calling him Superman halfway through

I acknowledged that tone wasn't the reason, rather their interference. I'm just trying to say that it's not as if they're ignorant to the idea that DC superheroes could be light. Lego is not going to tell them anything they don't already know.

No the main problem is that DC isn't making these films at all. they need their own studio

They'll have one character say it once and then have another character say "Justice League? That sounds like a name for Homos." Then they'll never bring up the name again.

> Lego is not going to tell them anything they don't already know.

These people understand money, user. Say Lego Batman makes as much as Doctor Strange and on a fraction of it's cost and then imagine that JL fails to met expectations. They will change their tune very quickly.

No they dont idiot. They need a good script, a good director, good performances, a good production and a good final cut -- like any other fucking movie.

Shut the fuckup.

They should do what DCAU did

> Flash "What you mean like a bunch of Super friends?"
>Superman "More like a Justice League"

But it would have to be Superman saying that because he can get away with corny shit like that. If you're doing him right at least

Oh yeah all the executive meddling they could avoid with their own studio surely wouldn't help at all. Stop getting so aggressive about movies you sad cunt

kek

>fucking Aquaman
If what Sup Forums told me was true

Aquaman, should it have a good portion of comic Mera, has some strong capacity to be very cool

Last I checked, Snyder will touch Mera so all hope might be lost already