I'm thinking that my favorite movies of 2017 so far are Raw, Dunkirk, and Logan Lucky

I'm thinking that my favorite movies of 2017 so far are Raw, Dunkirk, and Logan Lucky.

I feel like all three of these movies are severely underrated.

Raw, while it's festival release was 2016, had it's release in 2017 and nobody noticed.

Logan Lucky was quickly dismissed as another Soderbergh flop, but I think it's probably the only piece of his work that I like.

Dunkirk WAS widely lauded on release, but I feel like it's already been forgotten.

The only largely appreciated 2017 film I haven't seen yet is Baby Driver, but it looks like it's just gonna be bait.

Thoughts on these movies? I've barely discussed Raw or Logan Lucky with anyone else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4yX38lIH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice redditt spacing. jesus christ.

I think nobody would like Raw if they were brothers instead of sisters

raw is shit

I didn't feel Raw was that great. I don't have a whole lot to say about it besides I saw the ending coming early on. Didn't like it.
Didn't see Logan Lucky.
Dunkirk was ok. Kind of boring, felt like not much was going on the whole film. Was interesting, but not very engaging, if that makes any sense. Didn't care for it a whole lot.

I think that would detract from the theme of sexual deviance and submissive-ness

>Raw
>retarded plot
>retarded characters
>shitty ending
>plot holes everywhere
>reddit tier edginess
2/10 flick

Logan Lucky is the only Soderbergh, Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, and basically everyone else work I like

>first complaint is plot

I don't like this reasoning.
I thought it was filmed really well and is provably the only horror I've seen in years that has actually made me feel horrified.

that's nice

>not one good Logan Lucky torrent since it can't out
>it's being released on dvd and blu ray at the end of the month
I've waited too long

Name a horror scene from the last decade that's more disturbing

>horrified
at what? it doesn't have any single scary scene or atmosphere to it, and the "OH-SO-SCHOCKING" content is really tame and was just a publicity stunt

It was filmed fine, but I don't watch movies just because the camerawork is good. Also I've seen too much actual gore to be horrified by average effects in a movie.
RAW was not horrifying. It was boring. I don't mean in the sense that it wasn't scary either, I mean it wasn't interesting. Pretty predictable.

>at what?

see this made me gag

nah you could do the same thing with some twinks

>Name a horror scene from the last decade that's more disturbing
Take your pick on any scene of violence from Valhalla rising. Had better effects as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4yX38lIH0

clitoris scene in antichrist came to mind first but I wouldn't call your example particularly disturbing

>duuuude somehow being a cannibal is passed down generationally lmao
>duuuude french universities are actually controlled by the students lmao
>duuuude let me kick my sister's hand while she's holding a pair of scissors what could go wrong lmao
The best:
>duuuude let's just jump in front of a fucking car in the hopes that it steers away from us and it hits a fucking tree (which is extremely improbable to begin with) AND hope every single passenger dies AND hope the police won't fucking notice that a bunch of car crashes keep occurring in the same spot for years in the middle of nowhere (and even then the fucking bodies have been cannibalized and you could just get the dna of the perpetrators easily)
Seriously I could go on and on who even thought of this shit? A literal child?

>liking material this degenerate
bro whens the next tarentino out

ur a pleb who worked hard (for a pleb) for this (you)

What are you talking about?

not him, and you can think Refn is a hack all you want but you're an idiot to compare this to Tarantino

The generational idea is supposed to be unexplained.
The university isn't controlled by the students(?)
The kicking off the sisters hand was very realistic.
Who's to say the cops aren't looking into it? and who's to say they were all done in the same area? cannibalized could even be explained by animals

There is always painting if you want to see pretty colors

idiot redditor responding seriously to obvious bait

Let's be real Logan was the best movie of 2017

You are fucking retarded.Think of all the shit that would need to go right for such an autistic plan to work.
1) The car needs to actually manage to swerve and not kill her instantly
2) It needs to swerve in a super precise position that would be needed to hit the 1 meter width tree
3) The passengers have to die
4) No car can be passing by at the time.
5) No police can ever find out about this since they left their DNA all over the bodies
AND SHE DID IT FOR YEARS. Holy autism

You have no idea how many times I've tried discussing Logan Lucky and people think I'm talking about the fiftieth fucking xmen movie

It's all deliberately left unexplained. Maybe she has done it and it failed? Maybe the police have been looking for the culprit? Is that too hard to believe?
Also you have no idea how DNA analysis works. And tangible DNA present wouldn't be found, and even if they did, I highly doubt she's in the system.

>just turn your brain off bro, it's not supposed to make sense
Yeah okay I'll do that, thanks, I'm not going to fill this hack's plot holes for him. Imagine you were actually a cannibal and you wanted to eat somebody. Would that fucking braindead "just jump in front of a car in the hopes that he swerves etc etc bro" plan be even in the top 100 ways to accomplish your task? Why not just use the fact you're a woman lure some guy in an isolated room and hit him with a hammer or something? Jesus christ