ITT you post *a* criterion film you really, really liked...

ITT you post *a* criterion film you really, really liked. And anons then recommend you another criterion based on your taste.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORge1V6pmQY

Other urls found in this thread:

criterion.com/lists/184885-criterion-films-i-ve-seen-so-far-in-life
youtube.com/watch?v=fzpTx2rePaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brazil. It's my favorite film of all time, and the special features were exceptional

>Haneke
I suggest a rope around your neck, tasteless fag.

check out Samurai trilogy by inagaki

criterion.com/lists/184885-criterion-films-i-ve-seen-so-far-in-life

I, too, would like a rec for this

Why does it matter if it's released by Criterion? Many films are released by other distributors, too. And many worthwhile films aren't released by Criterion.

Good idea

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

High and Low

Ru4reel

No joke, I am really looking forward to this. I love john hughes and this was actually one of the best commentaries i've heard

youtube.com/watch?v=fzpTx2rePaU

I've seen Yi Yi and all of Wong Kar-Wai's work. Also plan on seeing Taipei Story. Recs pls

Excellent film in the Criterion Collection

Yes. Barry Lyndon, for example, was only recently released by Criterion. That would have disqualified it from being posted ITT until just last month. OP's image is "image.jpg" - undoubtedly just a phoneposting Criterion shill. Criterion is shit, enjoy your PAL slowdown (e.g. Antichrist, Dekalog) and unfounded color correction (e.g. Stalker).

Not an argument

Quality was never even implied

And I only mentioned because if I brought up (attached image) again, people would think it's he only film I own.

excellent taste, user

So that awefull movie with Ryan Reynolds was a remake?

>instead of a "post a film" thread, you make a "post a film by this specific distributor" thread
It's completely arbitrary and pointless rubric, except if you happen to be a Criterion shill. Or just a consumerist phoneposter who identifies more with brands than film itself. What a disgusting thread

Any of you nerd use FilmStruck? Should I try that out or just keep pirating these old flicks?

I tried the one month free trial and watched a ton of stuff, it was pretty cool. I actually paid for another month to watch more, so try that and see if you like it

Get over it and go to a different thread.

Cemetary of Splendor (Not Criterion)
Certified Copy

Kiarostami makes some kino

Medium Cool

Robert Forster used to be young?

Tell me why you liked this movie, user. I personally thought the dialog was very wooden.

Not horror, but I'd say Repo Man if you haven't seen it.

Altered states.

Criterion makes excellent blu-rays with great features. That being said, you're right and I feel their selection is questionable. I'm not sure how it works but there is no need for every Wes Anderson release to be covered by them.

>giving credit to a publisher who had no connection in the creation of the film whatsoever, years after it was released
>limiting yourself to only specific releases
>thinking criterion invented films

Oh wow, what a bunch of retards.