>in b4 We wuz kangz memes

WE

God, where is this video gonna leak?

ARE

Do you know what concept art is

WAKANDAAAAA!

Fucking kino

No slums no buy

They built a wall to keep the rest of Africa out.

This is the most tryhard and artificial I've seen the MCU done so far

WE WAS KANGS

...Do you even know what Wakanda is?

I like this one.

That's cool

No, that's only for Wakandans.

Wakanda hates the rest of Africa and has never ethnically blended with it because the entire rest of the human race is inferior, and the rest of Africa isn't really aware of what's in Wakanda and hate them for it.

So its basically Atlantis. In Africa.

Has anyone ever done anything with Wakanda being a stand in for upperclass African-Americans who got theirs and then cut themselves off from the rest of the African-American community? I feel like there's something there that someone better at writing could do something worthwhile with. Maybe just not be so obvious about it.

Looks believable for a country that whites didn't invade

I'm interested in this too.

You could have a story where, like, Rwanda, Nigeria, and the DRC all team up and try to invade Wakanda.

Was he democratically elected?

The Rwanda higher-ups would be Pro-Wall. Keeps the riffraff out.

He's Royalty user, it doesn't work that way...

So what's Wakanda's stance on refugees

Wakanda doesn't fuck around

Not only that, but they're also dicks to their fellow Wakandans.

Basically T'Challa is the lone Wakandan who is not a raging asshole and wants to reach out and join the rest of the world.

Can we work in an angle where the white South Africans try to sneak in and steal Wakandan tech?

Probably tell them to fuck off

This is a nation that found out the cure for cancer, but refuses to share it with the rest of the world.

What do you think their stance is?

The same one they've got for non-Wakandan cancer patients: 'Fuck them and their problems'

Fuck off we're full.

Wakanda is literally a place where they jerk off black ego by making them all rich and super smart.

It was the WE WUZ meme before the internet even existed.

Now I want an MCU short that shows how Klaww was able to steal from and escape this highly advanced metropolis.

Got the better of two Black Panthers and loved to tell the tale.

KANGS N SHEIT

Looks like they stole the Great Mosque of Djenne from Mali... That's pretty fucked up to make the most prominent black nation in the Marvel universe a nation of thieves. You'd hope that Marvel would know better than to perpetuate ignorant, untrue, racist stereotypes.

It's going to be amusing to watch Tumblr praise Wakanda

Wakanda is probably going to be very neutered in the MCU for that very reason.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK, YOU CAN'T BE BLACK

My favourite thing about Wakanda has always been that they're all a bunch of hyper-conservative cunts who want everyone outside of Wakanda to go and stay go.

Haha time for kings

>You'd hope that Marvel would know better than to perpetuate ignorant, untrue, racist stereotypes.
You must be new here.

>tumblr praising a civilized world not created by Caucasians
Naaaah.

For comparison - this is how Sandton (the richest square mile in Africa) is starting to look like.

Successful blacks cut themselves off from the rest of other blacks because of crab in the bucket mentality. The unsuccessful ones will accuse the successful one of "selling out" or accuse them of "not being real". They will also ask for countless favors because you're "supposed to help a brother out". Yeah, You have to cut yourself off

Most of Africa would still be mudhuts if not for European colonization

>Most of Africa would still be mudhuts if not for European colonization
Aaaand thread ruined. Bye.

I like how nobody decided to nuke their nigger asses.

>[Muffled Rap MusicPlaying in the Distance]

>tumblrite triggered

salty cunt

>Most of Africa would still be mudhuts if not for European colonization
They're still mud huts.

Colonization didn't really do anything for the locals, other than disrupt historical power structures and become a battleground in the Cold War.

I know Priest's run did it and Hudlin's run infamously didn't, but what other BP runs deal with the fact that a futuristic country in Africa that keeps its wealth and prosperity away from its neighboring third-world countries seems really fucked up?

Eh, it was kind of inevitable

In the original Jungle Action and Fantastic Four, Wakanda was still a tribal kingdom, populated by primitive people whose preferred weapon was the spear.

Black Panther just sold some Vibranium so he could travel the world going to universities and stocking his lab so he could get revenge on Klaw.

The current run kind of deals with it, as in their neighbor wants to invade while they are weak. But that will be a long way away with all the decompression.

>implying Mali didn't steal it from Wakanda

Basically this. His best stories are trying to integrate Wakanda to the rest of the world. He knows his nation can't be self sustaining for long and open trading and integration is good for the country.

His huge opposition is the conservative faction that wants Wakanda to close off to the rest of the world, even going as far as allying with the likes of Doom or AIM to achieve it in exchange for vibranium.

>it's the stereo playlist for T'Challa's mech

Basically Israel.

Wasn't it more like his grandfather or father's generation was more tribal before they secretly started advancing like crazy. I remember in Panther's first appearance Reed was very impressed by Wakandan tech when he visited the mechanical rain forest or something. Man that page was fully Kirby and I loved it.

It's almost like it's a fantasy setting or something.

KING OF THE DEAAAAAAAAD

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

>But we were exceptional...

Isn't that the same city where Raiden beefed it?

looking kinda Vault of Glass to me...

WE WUZ WAKANGZ!!!

That's cool how they seem to be taking from that.

Is this them preserving their old buildings? Seems weird.

the glass preservation thing is cool

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this movie fail

Oh come on user. Wouldn't it be funny to see lots of people say racism was dead again for a few weeks if Black Panther hits #1 for a month straight?

I don't care how much you slap tech over it, shitty Africa is still Africa. No one would live there by choice and be sane.

Serksis Klaw is going to be fucking amazing in this movie. He's gotta be going full man made of sound, why else would they get a contortionist for the role?

>No one would live there by choice and be sane.
so the Australia effect?

That's another place.

Fuck let's see... the entirety of South America, the Middle East + India, Hawaii

Originally Tchalla personally invented most/all of the technology in Wakanda. Then eventually ( I want to say Hudlin did it) it got retconned into always being advanced.

This concept art is all coming from a "Sneak Peek at Phase 3" video that came with Dr. Strange.

>Marvel
>Wakanda: A technologically advanced city in Africa hidden from the rest of the world and populated only by native Africans.

>DC
>Gorilla City: A technologically advanced city in Africa hidden from the rest of the world and populated only by native Africans.

Parallel earths.

>seems weird
Wakandans love sacking their ancestral dicks
To be fair withe exception of Australia and Sahara Africa the issue is the people. If you had super tech to keep out the warlords and aids it'd be a better place to live

They do something like this in Brussels, cool as fuck

Dc is racist while Marvel is progressive

more like "dayum", eh nigga?

I still find it amusing how isolationist they are in the comic and even the MCU. The very thing so many black people movie goers will have forgotten as they brag about how awesome they are when the movie comes out with the We Wuz meme.

I'm sorry but it's just kinda funny to me that Marvel's claim to fame is "real people in the real world" but their first solo black superhero has to have an entire hyper-advanced fictional country behind him

>Marvel's claim to fame is "real people in the real world"
Thor really screams that doesn't he

I'm talkin about Earth obviously for a long time it was a big deal that Marvel heroes lived in real cities instead of fake ones

It's rather drab. Can we have some symbols or banners?

Reminds me of Elona from Guild Wars. High tech Africa is a fun fantasy setting. If the sight of it doesn't trigger you that is.

So Europeans living in Southern US for hundreds of years BEFORE the invention of air conditioning? Trust me, the South's heat is hell on Earth even with AC. The humidity impairs your ability to sweat and drives the heat index way up.

its gonna be amusing to watch Sup Forums flip its shit

Real central Africa sucks. Comic book heroes are larger than life concepts for we in the real world to admire and aspire to. This setting is kind of like that, but for a handful of third world shithole countries. Nothing wrong with that besides that it sets off "fuck whitey" alarms in some people's heads.

You mean like right now in this very thread? I find it tiresome. Sup Forums is so serious and political now. Happy Negro spins in his memegrave at these super serious race warriors.

I wonder how many people on Sup Forums have even heard of the first Italo-Ethiopian War (where Italy failed to conquer an African nation).

This looks actually fantastic. It's not generic jungle shit, it keeps the slums based on Mumbai from several runs, it's got the we wuz kangs jungle ruins separate from the city, just great all around.

Of course every Marvel movie has had great concept art so it's not necessarily reflective of the movie's quality.

You're right, they all live in mud huts and stuff. Ooga booga, etc.

It doesn't trigger me or anything I just think it's kinda funny