I'm kinda bummed out seeing all the cool indoor malls around the country being either torn down...

I'm kinda bummed out seeing all the cool indoor malls around the country being either torn down, converted to outdoor centers or redesigned horribly and losing the space age look of the latter 20th century

Can you guys recommend any good movies or episodes showing neat indoor mall shots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOlffr73fuM
qz.com/454214/the-father-of-the-american-shopping-mall-hated-cars-and-suburban-sprawl/]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ridgemont

Dead Mall series on youtube.

this
it's pretty based
youtube.com/watch?v=mOlffr73fuM

Jackie Brown

At least my mall will be around for the next 50 years.

Mallrats

that is a photo of the sherman oaks galleria
here is a list of movies which have scenes filmed in the sherman oaks galleria:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Commando (1985)
Mother (1996)
Night of the Comet (1984)
Valley Girl (1983)
Chopping Mall, aka Killbots (1986)
Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge (1989)
Innerspace (1987)
Walk Like a Man (1987)

Is this the one in Arlington? I was out there for business two months ago. I live in the bumfuck west and it's weird that I'd recognize something like this. Maybe I'm wrong

it was in the san fernando valley in los angeles california
it no longer exists
there is now an outdoor mall in its place

Lovely Bones

>losing the space age look of the latter 20th century

This is happening all across the country because since the 90s the idea of mankind technologically progressing in meaningful ways is pretty much dead. Space travel is more primitive today than it was in the 70s

Odd Thomas

do you wear a suit? traveling for buisness sounds cool

They filmed quite a few sci-fi films in malls since this kind of look is what they expected to see in either an underground space colony on some moon or planet or in some large circular orbiting space colony like Elysium

TIME CHASERS

Would anyone else live in a converted mall as a sort of commune / gated community style housing system? You could have little stalls in the middle, a pretty safe place for kids to run around in and community events in the larger atriums / food courts.

Like there are loads of semi-abandoned malls you could easily convert. Hard part would be installing bathrooms in each and every 'store.' Also real estate kikes would likely ruin it by making it prohibitively expensive or it'd be so cheap it'd be filled with niggers and other human detritus.

Never mind this was a bad idea.

Funny you say that because the original intention of malls was to be a community-centre-market-town-square-public-form place. The architect of some of the first malls hated that they became simple shopping hubs.

>“I am often called the father of the shopping mall,” he once said, reflecting on his career two years before his death in 1978. “I would like to take this opportunity to disclaim paternity once and for all. I refuse to pay alimony to those bastard developments. They destroyed our cities.”
[qz.com/454214/the-father-of-the-american-shopping-mall-hated-cars-and-suburban-sprawl/]

some of these malls are super creepy

You have entered...Mega Zone 23

Fuck this guy, the suburban shopping malls were great, and what the fuck were suburban white people supposed to do? Go shop in nigger infested inner city ghettos at their high end liquor stores and jail bond offices?

Maybe if they weren't just mindless consumer driven locations they wouldn't be rotting / disappearing rapidly and become that exact same scenario you're complaining about right now.

Evolution

We've ALWAYS had shopping malls and centers for several hundred years now, this one was built in the 19th century, so no the concept itself is not the problem

i think there's a little too much going on here to to be worth trying to have a discussion about malls

What's the best mall movie and why are you wrong if you don't think it's Jackie Brown?

Is that the QVB? I live a few minutes from there.

Yeah, but in losing shopping malls, I feel like a layer of human interaction has been stripped away from everyday life. In a lot of ways, it was a place for teenagers to hang out. There were visible subcultures like "mall goths." I think that the destruction of malls has made our American more depersonalized.

Malls allow people to congregate with each other which is a danger to government control.

There's one super high end, heavily trafficked indoor mall and one run down piece of shit one that I hope does get closed (but it probably won't because there's some pretty decent restaurants attached to it and the area is fairly upscale) near me. Still I prefer going to the local outdoor mall because it's five minutes closer and the layout is far superior, plus there's less faggy teenagers loitering around since it does get cold in the winter.

One of the malls I used to go to as a kid in the 90s is rapidly dying. Feels weird.

Because it's just the fucking food court and a made up Macy's you fucking fat ass.

I live 10 minutes from here, they demolished this food court last year :(

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Clueless (1995)
Weird Science (1986)
Commando
Earthquake

and I'm not sure but I wanna add Short Cuts.

How often does Sup Forums go to the mall?
If you don't or rarely do, why?

Oh and doesn't Miracle Mile features mall scene? I feel like there's some but since it mostly happen at night time, I'm having some doubts.

The mall is pointless. Anything I could get at the mall I can get in two days from Amazon shipped free and at a lower cost.

Your missing the point of malls, I guess this whole thread went right over your head

I've been to that mall

The only Barnes & Noble for miles around is at the mall so I only ever go when I want to buy a new book. The B&N store itself is super nice, spaceous, two floors, has a cafe and reading area, I could easily spend a few hours there.

I also check out the Sephora and Nieman Marcus so I can sample colognes.

So what is the point of the mall if not to buy varying shit all in one place?

What is the point then?

>the original intention of malls was to be a community-centre-market-town-square-public-form place.

Malls were always crowded with the worst human trash, pumped with recycled air, glaringly lit and had obnoxious music playing in every store. I'm glad they're dying out.

That mall is way too big, desolate, and chock full of useless stores. All the malls around here are undergoing this process to some degree.

>Market
Got it, place to buy shit.

Just the gloves and head, usually. Sometimes they want me to put the tail in also.

Amazon is killing them

The closest mall to me is the one the Sup Forums guy shot up. Fun tourist spot.

But that one in particular is bad. Walking end to end takes fucking forever, even at a quick pace. At least the one in my hometown that's going tits up has two levels, is well lit, and has stores that have things people want to buy. Mills should really be turned into a giant paintball arena.

You want a mall that takes too long to walk? This asshole is like two miles long if you walk the whole length inside.

not him but it gets exhausting and doesn't allow you much free time. then again, my job has an unusually large amount of travelling.

Not all of us are shut-ins like you

>Go to a mall
>Charities try to stop you to sign up for a payment plan
>Stores try to up sell you

I use self serve checkouts as much as possible.

like xanadu here in jersey just a front to wash millions from wherever

I go pretty much only when I need to buy birthday or Christmas gifts for family. Usually I have no idea what I'm buying them before going in and will just wander around until I see something that works. Also go when I need a haircut as my barber is located in the mall. Otherwise I just shit for myself online.

If your idea of a good day out is a mall then I pity you.

American 'malls' are so strange, did you have them on every corner or something?

Our shopping centres throughtout our city have all undergone multi million dollar renovations lately.

>American 'malls' are so strange, did you have them on every corner or something?
What a retarded question.

Does anyone have idea about Japanese movies about their malls

Terminal is not a mall

Akio Otsuka?

(you)