ITT: Best version of a character

ITT: Best version of a character

Though it's not as if she has a lot of competition.

>great design
>great voice
>no shitty lesbian relationship

fujoshit

the only good one of her

Search your heart. You know this to be true

it doesn't matter

>>great design
I do like it.

>>great voice
The main thing I remember about The Poison Ivy is actually how far out of their way they go to make sure she never speaks in any of her many appearances past the first.

>>no shitty lesbian relationship
Did we watch the same show?

It's sad when you watch this DTV or any of the better ones from this time period and see how the quality is noticeably worse overall now in the DC animated movies. Even the animation took a hit, so it's not like they're really worth watching for the visuals either.

He was great but to difrent to properly qualify as bane.

All of them.

yeah I agree with that

I like him a lot and I think he worked very well for that show, but I dont think that version captures all the aspects of the character

The biggest one since the silent era.

Hard to believe he's a grandfather in his 60s. Dude doesn't even have gray hair.

Perfect choice, user. I approve.

The only one that's good

Best design anyway

The DCEU would be so much better if it used B&tB as a template. At least this show was good.

>I'm never gonna get more Hardened Veteran Quill

>Forever plagued by "Dance Off" Quill.jpg

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

It hurts.

I always found it funny how people thought Goth Rogue was out of place since she's from the south when the South is where most goth culture was born.

It hurts to know DC animated movies will never be that good again.

>the South is where most goth culture was born.

wait what

when i think of early goth bands i think of UK act like The Cure, Siouxsie, and Bauhaus, or even the socal birthed Christian Death.

Aging is a sport

Blot

best voice too
they should have brought Comb's back for the Arkham games, his performance is perfect

Yeah, pretty much.

Best non-comic version of Bane, no doubt about that.

Good enough to rival the good comic versions, too.

For a movie depiction of a comic character, that's a pretty big accomplishment.

Would argue about Etrigan.

Would agree with the rest.

I have a collection with this story, which is his first appearance.

How is he with later authors, just watered down or the gimmick got old? No death traps?

Southern Gothic inspired the Goth bands of the UK in the modern era.

The South has the strongest Goth aesthetic in the world, even today.

(--- not a Southerner)

I don't think he has done any death traps in years and now is mainly used as the final boss mastermind type who genuinely aims for world domination rather than money.

yeh. no lesbo relationship with babs or harley

This is true.

It has a lot to do with the odd homebrewed ritualism that came out of the South.

This is the pinnacle.

Every other incarnation sucks.

Yes, including the later versions of the exact same character. For these eight issues, he was the GOAT.

I don't know. I felt like she and Babs had something going on.

Ayy. This guy knows what's up.

i see where you are coming from, but their was nothing going on. I think that is just the personality crafted by all writers of poison ivy.
It was hetero, nothing more.

Beware the Batman's Magpie

>The main thing I remember about The Poison Ivy is actually how far out of their way they go to make sure she never speaks in any of her many appearances past the first.
She was voiced in fleur de mal. When she was abducted she didn't speak, yes.
>Did we watch the same show?
Barbs and Pam were friends. As long you aren't a shipping faggot there shouldn't be anything to read into.
Ivy and Harley on the other hand are explicit together.

Either this, or his current Rebirth run. But then again, Jason doesn't have much competition considering how shit the writing for him has been since UtRH.

Complete and utter joke.

How can TB Ivy be hetero (or even Babs) when they never expressed interest in anyone at all?

>redesign that's iconic and puts the original in a modern context
>great Grey Delisle voice acting
>expanded backstory and a tragic twist
>one of the more vicious villains in the show

A shame they didn't really do much with her after her two episodes. I could see her teaming up with Penguin, who they also were teasing at.

for you

Seconded.
Also TAG Alan is less of a prick than his original and movie counterparts.

All agreed.

These two are good, better than most variations, but are not very much like the base character in a way that takes away (although they work within the confines of a movie). DKR Bane is essentially Bane in name only and bits of his character. Sadly, movie-going audiences wouldn't really take an incredibly muscular yet calculating luchador in a suit seriously as a villain, and that's a shame because THAT is the best Bane, at least visually.

This thread is for best versions, not worst

Any know any essential Sportsmaster comics??

This

how do you win?

I'm hoping that they get their shit together at some point soon.

Teen Titans cartoon Jinx.

Starfire as well for that matter.

...And Raven

...And Beastboy

...And Cyborg.

it looks like a vibrator sticking out of the ground

>Northern Germany
>Natural resources for growth
If it is not coal we don't have it

oh yeeah grievous used to not be a jobber i forgot

And Terra

And Brother Blood(beaten by Deus Ex Machina or not he was badass)

Wait you mean Grievous could FIGHT?

is this really necessary

FUCK YEAH

>massposter

In the original cartoon fucker could take out five Jedi (two masters) in a straight up duel, no cheap tricks of backup at all.

This version of Toad is my vote for X-Men, the movie made him such a bad ass. It sucks knowing X-2 was supposed to have a Toad vs nightcrawler fight. X-Men evolution version was alright and the Wolverine and the X, had the worst personality but an ok design. When I tried to get into the comic version of him it really bummed me out.

Because one has only plants in her head and the other is a teenager.
Your logic is retarded.

>>redesign that's iconic
user, she just looks like some stripper or an expensive hooker.

ITT people who watch the Timm shows and have never read a comic

Honestly the only character from the TT cartoon that's worse than the comic version is Robin because they tried to combine all the traits from the other Robins into Dick.

So do most female comic book characters.

'Ello my duckies!'

I remember Sup Forums shitting a brick when they announced the voice cast for the Guardians guest appearance in EMH at Comic Con and he was being voiced by Steve Downes. EMH had a ton of fucking perfect casting but that was probably the most genius casting move of that series because that's what everyone believed Starlord would sound like. Intergalactic Hardened veteran badass (Kinda like the Master Chief from Halo)

Thanks Marvel.

I remember before Episode III came out, I thought Grievous was going to be the baddest motherfucker in the world because of this show.

The sheer disappointment haunts me to this day.

from the south, can confirm.

Be the fastest

Arm wrestle Death herself. Skinny little goth has NOTHING on Sportsdad, she's a punk!

Thats very interesting. I'm gonna look this shit up.

I liked that guy in The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Superman was perfected before WW2.

When will this meme end?

This sentence is the truest thing ever said.