Why was Scooby Doo 2 so much worse than the first film?

Why was Scooby Doo 2 so much worse than the first film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ulGMlIZNr6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Direct-to-Dvd movie

>CHECK OUT MY DIGITS, LITTLE MAN

you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice

>Orginal series was about how anything supernatural always has a meaning behind it

>Movies was about supernatural elements that... That turns out to be supernatural elements

Its a logarithmic scale. If something is already horrible then something that manages to be even worse will appear to be magnitudes worse at that.

Pretty much every scooby doo feature length is "the spooks are real this time"

Its impossible to follow up a masterpiece like the first one.

they came damn close
youtube.com/watch?v=ulGMlIZNr6M

funny story when I was a kid I swore there was two distinct versions of scooby, one where the supernatural was in fact supernatural, one where it was some guy all along

In truth I probably watch one year as a dumb 3 year old taking everything at face value then next year can actually focus on the events of the show and see the plot resolution

thanks for listening

just wanted to cash in on the success of the first no heart or soul put into it also Seth Green

You mean exponential

Is this fucking thread a joke? BOth scooby doo movies are absolute kino calssics and for you to imply that its anything less makes me sick

No, you were right

The first one is undisputed kino but I really didn't enjoy the second one. The writing was hardly as interesting.

I guess my expectations were high.

>Scooby 1
>all the cast and crew signed up for adult-oriented Austin Powers-eque story
>after they sign contract that locked them into 2 pictures if the first was a success, the WB completely changed the storyline and later cut scenes of exposition because they were "scary"
>but it made money, soo...

>Scooby 2
>literally no one gives a fuck

I liked the first one, though. It could have been better, but it's still decent enough.

It wasn't.

the dvd had some lewd deleted scenes included at least, but they never did release the supposed daphne/velma kiss... for obvious reasons.

according to the commentary, the cast genuinely had fun working on the movie and wanted to do another one

although sarah was disappointed with her performance on screen. she thought she should have played the role more seriously.

Sure thing, buddy. I'll bet you think that waitress really did care about your day.

And the "more seriously" thing was a joke about she and Linda not knowing they were going to have Scooby cry. Autist.

LEAVE EL HERMANO TO ME!