Lets take a minute to appreciate electric Blue Superman. Hated in his time but in retrospect not so bad

Lets take a minute to appreciate electric Blue Superman. Hated in his time but in retrospect not so bad.

Okay, time's up, can we go back to talking shit about him?

Still better than 95% of everything Superman related post-Flashpoint.

Way better than green

Rumor is that WB execs feel that the DCEU should move farther away from the traditional Superman look more and also have a Thor like figure, so when Superman comes back he'll be this electric version.

Why did people hate him?

did they ever explain why he turned all electric

i remeber picking some comics of Superman when i was a boy and suddenly Superman Blue & Red, i was literraly "WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON?".

How that supposed to work?

Explain

Funny story, I got beat up as a kid for talking about superman blue and red.

A lot of great talent wasted on Blue/Red Superman, but it was good to see Superman have an actual variety of stories.

He was different and people (stupidly) thought he was going to stay that way for any real length of time. In the end it was just a gimmick that went away.

That IS funny. Thanks for sharing, user!

I can't believe I'm only seeing it now, years and years later in retrospect, but I suddenly realize that one of my old body painting sets was almost certainly inspired by this design. Something about the lines and general geometry of it must have just lodged itself in my subconscious or something.

Is that supposed to be a real person?

Hilarious! Do tell us more?

Nobody did anything interesting with him. Ok, nobody but Mark Waid, but that was over in JLA, in his own book he sucked balls.

Well it's a photo of a person who's covered in paint, prostheses, etc.

Why
>"I like Superman Red and Blue"
>"You better be talking about the original versions"
>"Original...?"
>gets beaten up
Did it go something like that?

I ain't digging the bottom half of it

Electric Blue Supes was fucking great.

Electric Female Doomsday

Anyone got a comic to storytime featuring this guy?

It's okay.