RUMOR: Ben Affleck Wants Out Of THE BATMAN?

Meanwhile at WB:
>On yesterday’s COLLIDER MOVIE TALK, host John Campea said “I've been told, Ben Affleck is talking with Warner Bros. in an attempt to get out of being Batman.” He continued, “and if they do not let him out of being Batman, the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Ben Affleck as Batman.”

>Before I comment, let me preface by saying Mr. Campea was adamant that folks take this with a huge grain of salt and that he doesn’t like to post “scoops.” With that said, this jibes with what I’ve been hearing for the last several weeks – which you already know if you’ve done a good job of reading between the lines of the things I’ve said in articles and on the BOF podcasts.

>The bottom line is that it will not surprise me in the least if Mr. Affleck wants out, is allowed out of his contract by Warner Bros., and the studio recasts. It also wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there’s some sort of reboot of DC on film after JUSTICE LEAGUE. If they go this route, I suspect that they’ll continue to make DC films, but they’ll be self-contained solo movies and be filmmaker driven ala THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY – a process of making movies the studio actually prefers.

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-on-film.com/THEBATMAN_rumor_Affleck-wants-out_2-14-17.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7sqXiu8k8
collider.com/matt-reeves-batman-movie-talk/
intelligence.slice.com/dark-knight-rises-batman-tops-online-superhero-merchandise-sales/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I know many of you are asking, “But what about the DCEU and continuity?” They can simply ignore, but not dismiss, what came before and move forward. Call it a “soft reboot” if you’d like.

>As far the cinematic Batman, I suspect they’ll give the next director (probably Matt Reeves) quite a bit of leeway to make the film (or films) that match his vision. As a said before, a soft reboot of Batman isn’t an issue at all. You can do prequels with a younger, in his prime Batman, or you can do one with the older Batman that’s set entirely in Gotham with no mention of any of DC characters.

>Look, I've been tell you all things aren't all hunky-dory with THE BATMAN and the DCEU in general. Some of you all listen, some of you refuse. Nonetheless, I hope that Mr. Affleck stays on board and is Batman in a great solo Batman film. But if his heart isn’t in it, then let him move on and recast. I also hope the soap opera surrounding around THE BATMAN gets settled sooner rather than later.

batman-on-film.com/THEBATMAN_rumor_Affleck-wants-out_2-14-17.html

>and if they do not let him out of being Batman, the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Ben Affleck as Batman
That doesn't even make sense.

Do they have him contractually obligated beyond 4 appearances?

>It also wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there’s some sort of reboot of DC on film after JUSTICE LEAGUE. If they go this route, I suspect that they’ll continue to make DC films, but they’ll be self-contained solo movies and be filmmaker driven ala THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY – a process of making movies the studio actually prefers.

Its bullshit, but I believe it

is the source reliable ?
>Batman Vs Superman
>Justice League
>Suicide Squad
>The Batman

>Mr. Campea was adamant that folks take this with a huge grain of salt
And yet everybody is taking this as pure fact.

people just wanna believe DCEU is going to end before it starts

Imagine if rumors were spread that RDJ was done with Iron Man.

Actually, people would probably hope that Riri Williams takes up the role instead. Ugh.

>is the source reliable ?
Jett and BoF have been following Batman movies since before the TDK trilogy. I followed him primarily through that, and I don't recall him ever dropping any clunkers as far as scoops or insider info goes. He often speaks to the execs, and is invited to press premieres as recently as the one for LEGO Batman. Were it the DCEU as a whole? I would say yes, but there may be others. For things directly Batman related, there are fewer sources with a better track record.

Those are the four I meant. Is he contractually obligated for 4 appearances or more? If it is only four, The Batman being his last appearance as Batman if he couldn't get out of doing it makes perfect sense.

>Imagine if rumors were spread that RDJ was done with Iron Man.

Rumors DID spread before Iron Man 3 and before Cap Am 3. Marvel even heavily hinted that they would have no problems recasting any of the actors should the need arise aka James Bond the actors

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would want out of the Dickless Cunts cinematic shithole. They couldn't film their way out of a paper bag. Make mine Marvel!

>they’ll be self-contained solo movies
I'm all for self-contained movies. Do it WB.

>They couldn't film their way out of a paper bag

what did he mean by this?

If I'm not mistaken those rumours were a thing because IM3 was technically the last movie RDJ was contractually obligated to star in. That's why the movie has an ending that could bring actual closure to the character, because nobody was sure how things would continue

That's true. Just look at how Mark Ruffalo got his job.

But was there as much of a celebration at the mere rumor of RDJ abandoning the role as there has been for this rumor?

I feel like DC is just trying too hard with these movies. It feels forced. Like, they haven't earned the level of film that they're aiming for.

hunky dory?

I'm sure some fags on Sup Forums liked the idea, they still think he's forcing Marvel to make him star in every movie

Yup

But Marvel has shown its willing to recast major characters if they dont play ball like Terrence Howard & Edward Norton

They were willing to recast RDJ if he chose not to continue but they still did prefer that he would do more movies with them.

And yet, despite Campea saying take it with a grain of salt, Jett says:
>this jibes with what I’ve been hearing for the last several weeks
So either they are speaking to the same people, or different people are telling both of them the same thing. Unlike a lot of other scoopers, Jett has no track record of kissing the competition's ass to a degree that he can reasonably be seen as compromised. On the contrary in fact. It was arguable that he may have been on WB's pay roll during the TDK trilogy years for how highly he spoke of the studio. I know you aren't, but in my experience, he isn't out to hurt anyone's feeling over questionable info. If he is saying something with this degree of transparency (explicitly saying that he hears Affleck wants out) he trusts his sources. The guy fucking loves Batman. The last thing he'd want to do is sink the thing that gives helps keep his site afloat, but if he has said himself what he wants more than anything is a good Batman movie, and if Affleck is over it, and isn't going to do a good job, then WB ought to let him go and replace him with someone who will.

If that's the case, then you could ask of Marvel why they aren't trying to reach the level of film that DC aims for.

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. He's showing up in the Spider-Man movie for no reason.

>But was there as much of a celebration at the mere rumor of RDJ abandoning the role

It was pretty divisive, at least on Sup Forums. Some wanted hm to retire the character at peak, whereas others didnt mind the Bond treatment considering he could be getting old for the role but still wanted more Iron Man movies (likely for the comics to benefit more from it perhaps)

I feel anyone not licking daddy Zack's helmet could have told you that back in 2013.

>hunky dory?
Smooth
Chill
Okay
Without problems

On Sup Forums, sure. But I'm curious about normie reactions.

DCEU could save itself if they opened up the possibility of alternate universes. Dark Knight is one, Adam West universe is one, GOTHAM is one, the CW verse is one and the DCEU is the main one.

Afflek probably wants out because he saw the franchise just isnt working and will probably lose out to a lego movie.

I'm beyond impressed how DCfriends are still pretending the DCEU isn't a massive dumpster fire at this point.

Affleck is straight up trying to save his career because these movies are so shit, and they're still saying "2deep4u".

We'll have reached peak delusion if Ben cuts his ties from the DCEU entirely and people start saying "well he was never any good anyway"

I'm sure normies would have hated to see anyone other than RDJ at the time as IM.

IM has been the biggest Marvel property since MCU happened.

Can you ever imagine before that the biggest property of Marvel would not be Spider-Man. And a cameo on Spider-Man movie is doing Spider-Man a favour

>you could ask of Marvel why they aren't trying to reach the level of film that DC aims for.
You could.
You'd be responded with critical and fan approval as well as the massive box office they bring in.
Why doesn't McDonalds offer Prime Rib?
Because they kick enough financial ass selling hamburgers and chicken nuggets, and people keep coming back for more.
The problem is that WB tries cooking Prime Rib, but does a shit job cooking it. They ought to just stick to hamburgers. I'm not saying be just like Marvel, but For every McDonalds there is Burger King, Carl's Junior, or hell, go be In N Out or Five Guys. You can do what Marvel does while also making your version unique in its own way while also being comparably enjoyable.

The "proof" would be mentioning Gigli

Maybe he doesn't like the pressure of being widely considered the only positive asset of the whole franchise

I can already imagine the meetings with the execs
>Do you mind starring in every single movie we come up with while also directing and starring in a new Batman trilogy?

>Batman vs Shazam: Electric Boogaloo

>Affleck is trying to leave the role
>Justice League finished filming 4 months ago, so he's obviously seen a rough cut of the movie
Looks like Justice League is definitely going to be a piece of shit.

It's probably just clickbait rumors, but I do believe Ben wants out. He wanted to be in a critically acclaimed franchise + direct his own Batman. But clearly realized while filming and during the shitstorm after BvS, that it wasn't going to happen. These movies could hurt his reputation in the long run if JL is shunned by the public and critics. .

Not even fun to laugh at anymore. This is just sad.

>Maybe he doesn't like the pressure of being widely considered the only positive asset of the whole franchise
I think if he was getting pressured by anything, it would be the pressure of people always asking him about The Batman movie and his role as Batman and nothing else in his career.

Though really he should have prepared for that. Isn't this what you wanted Ben? Isn't it?

Well as much as Snyder boys like to shit on Mark Hughes because he said WB ought to slow down and get their house in order, he wrote that WB had already been asking Affleck to push back his non-cape projects so he could do more cape. They guy is probably realistic about needing to do more to keep his resurgence trending upward, but WB just wants to throw him in the cowl, and despite making statements to the contrary, he probably doesn't want to waste his comeback by tying it to a time sink of a project he can see doesn't have long term legs without a course correction. If they wont let him have time to maintain his credibility as Affleck, I don't blame him for wanting out.

>It also wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there’s some sort of reboot of DC on film after JUSTICE LEAGUE
Should have done this after MoS.

Normies only recognize RDJ as Tony Stark. They would probably still like more Iron Man, but not with another actor playing Tony Stark in this verse. They even showed that young Tony was the spitting image of young RDJ in CW.

RDJ being synonymous with Tony Stark/Iron Man is great for Disney as long as he stays in the role, but poses a real problem once he doesn't. Which is why I'm sure they will kill or retire him by the end of Infinity War.

Reputation aside it takes him a lot of time to work on the DCEU movies, and he probably prefers to spend more time on his personal projects, which are critically acclaimed and where he has more control.

>who is the real Ant Man

What if this leads directly to Dickbats?

Just let it end, please.
I can't come here everyday and be reminded that my loved comics are made into an atrocity.
Don't even reboot this fucking universe, just let it die.
Cape genre is dying, people won't give a shit after the shitty avengers are done. Just do quality animated movies, or shows.
DC trying to be Marvel is shit, especially since Marvel has been doing shittier comics these last years

Might be interesting, but I'm gonna guess WB producers will find the idea too risky. Plus we still haven't had a proper Robin, I'm tired of skipping shit

Who the fuck cares, the DCEU is a fucking failure.

>alternate universes
This. They want to do something different from MCU, do something fucking different with how you try to structure your movies. The comics can do it. Focus on smaller movies. Deadpool proved it doesn't have to be 250mil massive pg-13 blockbuster about the death of the universe to make money. MCU showed you can make huge success and build franchises on lesser known characters.

This sounds good but I also want my fucking live-action DC cinematic universe. I just want it to not suck.

Oh, they'll turn on him, don't worry.
But for now, it's a debunked rumor by Marvelshills.
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7sqXiu8k8

>Cap is DEFINITELY going to die at the end of Civil War
>Stark is DEFINITELY going to die at the end of Infinity War
Please stop being a retard. No one is going to die in these movies, there's no point to killing off or getting rid of Iron Man and when he's a major cash cow. Do all the lunchboxes, toys, coloring books, etc have RDJ's face on them or Iron Mans?

I'm right there with you, but if they can't not do it until the next batch of exec turnover, I'll settle for good separate franchises until someone is hired that can do a shared universe well.

But Satan, he may have deleted the tweet, but his podcast is still up
collider.com/matt-reeves-batman-movie-talk/
Plus, while he may be the primary source, the link corroborates the rumor with sources of its own.

Killing RDJ/Tony Stark does not mean Iron Man can not be used by someone else. As I mention, people would probably still want Iron Man. MCU Tony Stark story-line will be over and done with. both his and Evan's' contracts will be over after IW, unless Disney pulls some bullshit and stuffs them with money.

Spiderman is going to be the new cashcow.

If you're answering to the video I didn't watch that shit, I just like posting that fag here because he has huge untapped lolcow potential.

Oh I know. I was recently brought on board to the lulzfest that are his videos, but his primary reason for it being debunked was that Campea deleted a tweet saying it, as though that was the only instance he said it. If I'm honest, I'm bummed that he wasn't watching BvS like the last one from him that I saw.

For shitposting purposes the weakest rumour is considered the ultimate true of the universe until proved the contrary. This also applies to real life.

I wouldn't really want to see someone else as Iron man or another actor as Tony Stark but I'd be perfectly happy to see the character retired, heck I'd be perfectly happy to see the whole MCU bought to a close and I'm a fan of the movies.

I know they aren't going to end the universe so I'd rather see them cycle in new characters and a new avengers team then re-cast or recycle the current heroes.

But really if after IW they could just stop, for a while a least. Give the whole universe a breather, that would be nice.

>Imagine if rumors were spread that RDJ was done with Iron Man.
Already happened. Then Perlmutter was kicked out from MS and RDJ went onto making Civil War and taking half the budget, with no survivors.

the lego movie is fucking great.
>tfw batman will never save gotham with the power of his shredded abs and relationship with the joker in the dceu

>Spiderman is going to be the new cashcow.
They're also betting for Brie Larson and Vinnyfrom Cambridge to carry phase 4. I'm not entirely sure Iron Man will die in Infinity War, but he's definitely getting a rest and keeping a low profile in next years.

>Spiderman is going to be the new cashcow.
Except for the fact that Disney still doesn't own the movie rights.

When push comes to shove, they'll just recast. Both Batman and Bond have been recast, what, 7 times now each?

SJWs don't even know about Riri, somehow.

desu I don't think Batfleck is anything impressive in the slightest

I think BvS was just THAT bad, so he seemed incredible in comparison.

>Suicide Squad

Cameos don't count.

here is your (you) don't use it all in the one place

>dream of one day being batman
>get the role
>get news that you can star and make your own batman film
>but like monkey paw something goes wrong
>wb execs who think they know best keep fucking it up
>Zach the hack Snyder keeps talking about how deep everything is and settling arguments with push up contests
>half the actors involved can't fucking act
>the editor is a drunk and constantly keeps telling you how "it's gonna be totally cool man"
>everything you create something cool a wb exec tells you no and then creates something terrible
>nobody speaks up on how shit it is because they want to get paid

Truly being Affleck must be suffering in this case. He just wanted to have his dream and it gets ruined. I honestly feel bad for him and get why he wants out

>fan approval

for like a month then people forget about their movies.

Merchandise wise DC is kicking their ass, and unlike movies you sell merchandise forever.

Nobody cares about Captai America or Iron Man beyond the movies that make money just once

Timfags Bullying him on twitter.Because they want a china boy to play Him:

>forgetting his backstory of playing Marvel's not!Batman and the movie tanking
0/10 didn't read past the first line.

The MCU is differently structured than those franchises. RDJ being replaced is too jarring this far into the movies when the other characters stay the same, since they're all set in the same verse. No one cared about Banner because no one saw the first Hulk. But MCU has been built around RDJ Stark.

Each Batman recast has been with years in-between.

>On yesterday’s COLLIDER MOVIE TALK, host John Campea said

So confirmed for fake news? ok

I see more Iron Mans, Caps and Spidermen running around on Halloween than Supermans. Batman is always on top.

intelligence.slice.com/dark-knight-rises-batman-tops-online-superhero-merchandise-sales/

>DC 50.8%
>Marvel 46.5%

>DC is kicking their ass

>I see Iron Mans
That sentence should be enough. Marvel literally managed to make Iron Man popular, and also Guardians of the Galaxy.

After their movies be prepared to see Spider-Man and Guardians everywhere.

>It also wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there’s some sort of reboot of DC on film after JUSTICE LEAGUE

I love this combination of rumors with personal opinions in the same piece, you must be a huge retard to fall for this

DC has no input on the movies. At all. The studio owns these 100%.

Geoff Jones has.

>Booyah Begins

>you must be a huge retard to fall for this
You must be a huge retard to read me falling for it out of me saying an action that wasn't taken should have been taken at a previous point in time. Does the concept of Monday morning quarterbacking escape you, or do you just call everyone a huge retard when they say someone should have done something differently than how they did?

You are so full of shit and everyone in this thread knows it

Yeah and from whats rumored about Phase 4, Iron Man isn't even going to get a movie.

The idea that they won't recast when the man is in his 50s is hilarious.

Fucking this. I'm a DCfag and I fucking hated everything after MoS. I won't bother with WW or anything else except the solo Batfleck. If he's gone, at least they can start over.

Only people that would promote that is her creator and the editors.

In the film group I think they'd go for the infinity war pulling a younger Anthony Stark in from a Ultimate simulacrum universe to take up the mantle.

Big Bucks Bobby is here to replace Stan Lee, pal.

>In the film group I think they'd go for the infinity war pulling a younger Anthony Stark in from a Ultimate simulacrum universe to take up the mantle
The Crossing in Live-Action? What's next Spider-verse with Garfield and Maguire?

Current movie Peter is a hodgepodge of Ultimate and 616 anyway so they'd likely not think about. Also I'd not want to give Marvel Editorial any chance to try to shove their special pet into the films. Miles needs to stay Miles away.

>Riri Williams
Have fun with your kid's movies!

Yeah but Superman's merch outsells all of those characters.

The only characters that people truly care about Marvel are Spider-man and the X-men

I don't see a lot of celebration, except maybe trolls...

Let them do self contained and once they do a couple of decent ones then connect the whole thing.

People need to love the characters and be familiar with them first.

I just want Tobey's Spidey to get some closure and I wouldn't mind Emma Stone in a tight spider outfit.

Stop being a homophobe. Usually people who throw 'fag' around have something to hide.

Jett is an absolute fool and should not be trusted/listened to/acknowledged.

Oh god, please no. Alt worlds, sure. those alt worlds? Fuck. No.

so much, fucking this
the problem is that audiences hated Snyder's vision and WB made the mistake of putting all of them under his jurisdiction
they need to be the visions of the people who want to make them
otherwise they're going to suck
having one man's autistic view of things be so unchanging is a factor that'll fuck over everybody else
I don't understand why they even need to be controlled all by one person anyway

There a particular reason why?
I mean, At least El Mayimbe has Planet Hulk that people can always turn to even though its kind of finally happening in Ragnarok.. Why should Jett not be trusted?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe Garfield maybe an appearance as AU Ben Riley.

I'm sorry.. but are you new?