Genndy Tartakovsky is a bro

Genndy Tartakovsky is a bro
newsarama.com/33136-genndy-tartakovsky-talks-closure-with-samurai-jack-s-return.html
>With Popeye, it was tough. We had a proof of concept, we had an amazing story reel all done that everybody loved. The whole studio was excited and the marketing was gearing up, but then the hack happened. The executives were dealing with so much and all this ugliness came out it was just the wrong place and wrong time. I don’t even know if they wanted the real Popeye because that’s what we wanted to do. We didn’t want to reimagine him with sunglasses and a backwards hat.

Executives are fuckheads. No surprise there.

BASED
A
S
E
D

i bet peyo would cry at op's pic

Will Genndy continue to work on the HT franchise?

That was a year ago...Tartakovsky signed back on for HT3.

Seriously, he took a turd of a film and made it Sony's biggest asset. They'd be idiots to let him go.

I hope Genndy gest another Sup Forums project after Jack. World needs his cartoons

>Genndy made an enjoyable, even funny, Adam Sandler movie.
He's a miracle worker

nah, he was quite a sellout.

>They'd be idiots to let him go.
Well we are talking about Sony.

His parking space is still here.

Yea the prospect of letting Sandler have total control of HT3 caused Sony to rehire him.

Hope Tartakovsky does a Netflix series at some point.

animated movies are still Sup Forums, not Sup Forums

they want the movie to make money. it's investment for them.

Sony's doing a really bang up job in that department.

Meddling with a beloved franchise and underestimating audiences who they think don't want the real cultural icon but some streetwise coolguy, they're fuckheads. No excuse.

I think it's for the best anyway. Thanks to Popeye getting cancelled we got Samurai Jack.

>sony movies
>make money

>tfw there will never be a Popeye Samurai Jack crossover

i am not saying they're good at this. but that's their job.

Fair enough. Though with his confidence in their script, I am sad we didn't get to see how it turned out.

"Brought to you by the good people at Sony"

Spoilers: creators are almost always really confident in cancelled projects. "Yeah we had a real winner there, shame it never got made..."

Not saying Popeye was a turd, but it's very possible that it would have been critically panned or a box office bomb. We'll never know.

I have faith in Genndy. If he says it was good, it was.

Tell us about life at Sony.

The executives constantly throw poop at their employees and jerk off in their cage.

*handwringing intensifies*

No he didn't

The movies will make money regardless. What's bad about executive meddling is that it shows they don't have faith in the creators or their product, or that they don't care about the quality of the product as long as they feel they can maximize profit on it. This is even worse with established franchises like Popeye.

>Genndy wanted a real Popeye movie but would rather have it dead than fall into the hands of fuckwits who would turn it into another Smurfs
>Genndy was trying for years to bring Samurai Jack with luck at CN, tried again at AS and were fine with it and let him finish what should've been years ago if not for exec dipshits
>All while being professional and sly as fuck
We don't deserve this man

At least the new Smurfs movie actually looks pretty decent compared to the last two abominations they churned out before.

It does look good and relatively faithful the show that's why I don't have any faith it's gonna do well in the Box office

Maybe until he saw a big, fat check with his name on it.

No NPH which this time is a blessing as much as I love the man. Just no.

>that's why I don't have any faith it's gonna do well in the Box office

If The Peanuts Movie can succeed while being completely faithful to the source material, then Smurfs can as well.

Watch "Blended" "grown ups 2" "jack & jill" and "that's my boy" then Hotel Transylvanian 1 and 2 and tell me which is the most watchable of those.

>Genndy was trying for years to bring Samurai Jack with luck at CN
No he wasn't, he was trying to make a movie at Sony.

The original Smurfs author is an abhorrent misogynist. It's ok if it strays a little bit from source material, where he literally told the cartoon writers smurfette should only cause problems and never be useful.