Characters you used to have a crush on as a kid

Characters you used to have a crush on as a kid

and still kinda do

but I have nothing to add because that's Daria for me too
I mean the rest aren't strictly Sup Forums or I didn't have the crush as a kid.. or else I don't still have it now.. except Cleo I guess

Well since nobody is replying to this thread we might as well make it a Daria appreciation thread.

Post cute Darias

I've got nothing more valentiney to do today

tfw no Daria gf to go to fall asleep with while studying

why even live 2bh

Daria confirmed as best Sup Forums girl

gwen

>no girl who would get pierced for you
>which means she would also abstain from piercing for you
cant tell you how many cuties I see ruined by a nasty ugly metal zit on an inopportune spot

normie af

Growing up is realizing Daria has a crippling case of Hank Hill Syndrome and Quinn is actually a good person. And hotter.

>hank hill syndrome
you mean responsibility and the refusal to compromise on one's ethics?

Shego. I would watch Kim Possible in hopes of Shego showing up.

>tfw when you grow up and see daria as a cautionary tale about isolating yourself from other people

Vintage waifu dumb commencing.

This last one is more Sup Forums than Sup Forums but whatever.

it's not like it's optional. people suck, avoid them. but always keep your eyes open for people who don't.. because if you just get stuck on rejection-mode out of habit, you'll miss out on that 1 in 100

eh if it was on Toonami

Ryoko a shit.
Washu a best.

washuu's the one i fantasize about being my mom

people also change. the show really hammered that home during the last two seasons.

basically, you shouldn't be so rigid in your expectations of other people. daria's mom even pointed out that she doesn't follow her own rules 100% of the time.

you must be willing to forgive, yes. but if your expectations have lowered, that's not forgiveness, that's acceptance of something bad. There's too much of that going on right now as it is.
>daria's mom even pointed out that she doesn't follow her own rules 100% of the time.
sort of. more that she isn't as hard on herself because she knows nobody else will be either, and she doesn't mind being harder on others since they aren't going to listen to her anyway. But yeah avoiding hypocrisy is super important if you're going to be critical. Which you should. Splinter in the eye and all that.

I wish Daria had gotten fat. I would have loved to have seen her comment on herself.

that actually would have been pretty interesting. It'd make a lot more sense than her bizarre obsession with whether wearing glasses was some kind of statement. fuckin.. 60% of people wear glasses. it's not a conciously unfashionable choice, it's a medical need. the idea that the existence of contacts makes glasses suddenly an overt statement is like saying the existence of clothes makes anyone nude an exhibitionist, or that the existence of swears means anyone currently not talking is self-censoring

>It'd make a lot more sense than her bizarre obsession with whether wearing glasses was some kind of statement

reminder that she was a teenage girl, and teenage girls fixate on stupid shit, even the brainy ones.

that is evidently the message
a horrible, stereotyping message that only encourages people in groups such as 'teenage girl' to accept their faults instead of fixing them

Don't let your degenerate fetishes touch my perfect Sup Forums waifu

I like the sound of that

"I'm fat."
"So how does it feel to be like so many others?"
"I need time to evaluate my most recent decisions in life, although my stomach seems to enjoy speaking out of turn."

i was once a teenage girl, buddy mine, and i can confirm that we get hung up on 'stereotypical' things like that.

stereotypes exist for a reason.

Admit it, it would make for intriguing writing. Daria self-critiquing herself.

>Daria self-critiquing herself
She already did so in the series

But not as a fat girl.

I always had the hugest crush on Alex from Totally Spies.

hehe
oh I know, I'm just saying you shouldn't be proud of it or think it's okay.
Doesn't mean I think you should be shamed and berated for it, just, y'know.. yeah, stereotypes are often true.. but they're also often self-perpetuating, yknow?
when i hear people stereotyping black youths as criminals i'm like 'yeah, that's true, but on the off chance they don't know that yet, don't give them the idea'

watch the episode where quinn's friend gets fat to sate your thirst for chubby chicks

I agree that it's an intriguing concept, especially since it combines self-image, self-esteem, fitting in, along with shit like HEALTH concerns, but also like not going overboard.. the idea that yes you have control over it but you don't have immediate control, and if you're going to be alone anyway why not enjoy food, but .. then there's that one chubby goth girl whatsername.. like what if you're showing her some solidarity.
it would definitely have filled out an episode, if you'll pardon the pun.

>I'm just saying you shouldn't be proud of it or think it's okay.

? not sure how you gleaned that from my response, but i agree with you. it's not something to be proud of. it just comes part and parcel with your teenage years when your physical appearance is the Most Important Thing.

Plus Daria would look at it with her deadpan snark, instead of whining and fretting like so many "I got fat" episodes' characters do.

Could have made for a good season finale.

Right, I didn't necessarily get that from your response, I just wanted to make sure you knew what page I was on.

of course appearance is kind of important since that's when you should be breeding, the problem is people forget to mature their insides (and yknow, their wallets) so that they're ready for that.

I had a crush on pic related when I was 5 or 6

>YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE WASHUU
>YOU ARE VIVACIOUS WASHUU
>WASHUU WASHUU THE BEST WAIFU IN THE UNIVERSE

I watched Daria because I had a crush on Trent, and for that episode where Steven Wright plays a guy who actually has depression instead of middle class teenage ennui, which totally shuts Daria's self-indulgent piehole.
But yeah, Trent.

uh, i'm pretty sure the steven wright character was this guy. he wasn't depressed, was even more well-adjusted than daria (if significantly more nihilistic), and got along with her like peas and carrots, even helping her riff on other people.
just because someone's alone doesn't make them self-indulgent. literally every other character but her was utterly self-obsessed.

also i don't think it was the real steven wright.

Velma is a shit less cute less edgy Daria. I know she came first but Daria did cute nerdy girl WAY better than Velma

You already posted her.

I wouldnt really compare them. Velma's cuddly. Daria's a challenge
our nigga

I grew up to see her as a contrarian who doesn't enjoy anything. Her family constantly tries only to get depressed. It was supposed to feel like a redpill to teenagers, and a parody of teenagers to adults.

every other character on the show could qualify as a parody of their particular group, but.. not the titular one.
hell even aunt amy seemed to be a steretoypical cool older single lady

>Be me as a kid
>Skinny and blonde
>Thinks he's the smartest person ever
>Had a scooter
I projected onto Jeremy HARD. Aelita was my waifu.

I couldn't get over how huge their heads are in comparison to their skinny bodies. Also mad respect to the show for giving the computer guy the group respect and computer waifu he deserves.

I don't think it was meant to be, no, but I feel like one can look back on Daria as that nihilist teenager who always has subpar enthusiasm for the sake of an goes against the grain. Kinad grungy I suppose.

I have to admit the fact that not all of Sup Forums is on our side does make me occasionally reexamine what it must have been like for all my classmates
i was making them THINK way more than they had to, and constantly putting on comedy routines for people who straight-up didn't wanna be there. the fact that I was a captive alongside them didn't make it any better, from their POV.

Saw a piece of fanart like this. The art was pretty bad though.

>for use in Lyoko wiki
Oh you're so busted.

I remember asking a friend while playing basket ball:
"So... have you ever loved a cartoon character before?"
She said "Yeah of course... bugs bunny"
"N-no... I mean loved loved"
She stares blankly.
"You know Peter from Ghostbusters?"
Still staring.
"N-never mind"

She did things to me, back when I was a kid. Still does.

my good chum.
along with daria and ami that's my main 3. nobody else has reached those same heights.

I developed a thing for the 'crazy chick' archetype beceause of her

Not even the best girl on her own show

Fuck yes

Does anyone know where is be able to stream/download things like Daria: Looking Back in Annoyance or .pdfs of the daria diaries/database?

cant seem to find them anywhere

remember that episode where Daria falls in love with a massive beta but it doesn't work out so she beats her sister?

Yeah. That kid felt like the biggest fuck-damn Gary Stu. Entire episode was a bad fanfic disguised around the idea of Daria being forced out of her comfort zone by being the subject of some dude's affection/attention, which was handled much better later on (at least for awhile, anyway) In this episode, not only does Daria end things by resorting to violence and is constantly embarrassed and it's never really addressed that the entire situation made her uncomfortable and lost, that stupid kid manages to one-up everybody around him up to and including beating a bunch of jocks at video games to the point where they all become his besties.

...Seriously, WTF.

are daria and quinn lesbians?

NO! obviously not

Oh god I remember that episode. It made me feel so weird back in the day. I always saw Daria as somewhat pure and I felt like she was getting corrupted in that one.

Is it worth it to watch daria?

Whats the entertainment you get from this show? Smart girl scolding retards?

Is it funny?

The characters are enjoyable. The characters she scolds don't even acknowledge it. They're either too dumb to be insulted, or view her as too lame to have a valid opinion.

I feel like a lot of people are not following the 'as a kid' bit. not that rules shouldnt be bent

really? the guy who was utterly clueless to the point of being unable to handle the real world came off as a mary sue to you?
he didnt one-up anyone. and i don't recall violence

even if you ignore daria entirely, the show is worth it purely for the sidecharacters' antics. it's every bit the equal of king of the hill in terms of that. everything the teachers and parents do is a total riot

Well im already enjoying it.

yep, he's up there
amazingly mike judge was not actually involved in this show, but they seem to have gone out of their way to ape his overall style

since this is mostly a Daria thread I thought you guys might appreciate this pencil sketch I did of Daria. What do y'all think

Pretty realistic. I think that's probably what she'd look like in more detail.. which is why I prefer 2d

I know some of those feels, lassie.

That show was really good until Tom and Daria's relationship took off.

Fuck me, what a Cunt Daria turned in to. Tom was too good for her, and i hated that it took a Tom to point out what a trite bitch Daria was almost all the time.

Remember when she flipped out because Tom had a condom in his pocket? After Daria was the one that brought up that she might be ready for sex? Then Tom had to fucking apologize? Fuck Daria. Fuck her where she can't make a baby.[/spoiler