Ultimates Ancillary Storytime - In-Betweener

Hey paisanos. New Ultimates^2 issue tomorrow, let's get familiarized with our new Logos overlord. I got Starlin, Strange & Silver Surfer, lets get ready to get COSMIC.
Last time on UAS - CUBES!
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88626231/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88705186/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88771383/

NB apologies to everyone who expected this last month; although it wasn't for lack of trying. Some higher power REALLY had it out for me that weekend.

We dropping by in media res but it catches you up quick.

>there are people who read current Marvel comics

Oh damn there he is!

cheers for the bump

bump

*chu*

This

oo, lucky me

[dramatic orchestra noise]

So are Warlock and Thanos frenemies? I always get that vibe.

The In-Betweener was the driving force for Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, which was a delight

Maaaaaaaaaan, it's complicated.
At this point, they're ambivalent. They become archenemies over the course of the story, which carries over into Infinity Gauntlet. After that they settle into a mutual respect that the decades since have explored & developed.
Last I checked, they were the closest thing either had to a friend. But that was a different, decidedly less traumatized Thanos than the one that survived Secret Wars and is running around high on SUPERnihilism.

This part isn't relevant I guess but it's pretty neat so I'll keep posting.

Somebody (might've been you desu) brought it up after last month's issue and I looked into it.
I'm going to storytime it on Thursday, alongside Vengeance. y'know, splitting In-Betweener stories up into a Classic thread & a Modern thread.

>Last I checked, they were the closest thing either had to a friend.
not exactly: Adam has few friends, like Pip.
But Thanos is the only one who UNDERSTAND him, and Adam is Thanos' only friend.

Yeah I was talking about that UNDERSTAND thing.
Maybe if I'd clarified it as "TRUE" friend. Thrown in one of the Greek love words or something.

I don't quite agre... Adam's TRUE friend is Pip.
Adam and Thanos... if either of them had be of the opposite sex, they'd be sex-friends but not lovers.

Their relationship is complicated.

Eh. Pip's a 'friend' sure but he's also the definitive That Guy.

as far Pip is concerned, Adam is his One True Friend.
And Adam loves Pip dearly as friend.

The reason is pretty much the same: neither ever judges the other, and they often risked their lives to help each other, especially Pip doing it against his own selfish nature.

Semi-related: I'm kinda pulling for Pip to be Peter Dinklage's mystery role.

but muh otp...
yeah by this point I'm just trying to save face

OH BOY HERE HE IS

Battery fell out.

That's it for In-Betweener in this part.
Master Order & Lord Chaos debut shortly after this, so I was gonna post their pages. Only today I realized the issue those apges are from is the finale to this entire story. Anybody want me to post the whole thing? Maybe y'all appreciate closure to the plot threads this has left dangling but it'd skip over a large chunk so maybe you'd prefer to read the arc properly some other time.

Thank you

Is that a yes or a no?
Someone gimme a preference & I'll continue. Anyone wanna see Thanos get BTFO or shhould we move onto Dr Strange ASAP?

No need to post the whole thing.

Alright, if anyone DOES want to see it say so and I'll do it at the end. There should be enough room.

There you have it; all of Order & Chaos' pages from their first appearance. And the most proactive they have EVER been right up until 2 months ago.

Now: MR DOCTOR

Spider-Sense being a Chaos&Order-tuned Cosmic Awareness(whilw the normal one is Eternity&Death) would be interesting

That would be even worse than the Totem origin thing though.

I don't get everyone's big issue with Spider-Destiny. Given how often he gets dragged into cosmic matters it's pretty warranted.

It kind of detracts to the idea of Peter Parker being an everyman.

He's a teenage super-genius. He never ages. He got superpowers from a radioactive animal bite instead of hypercancer. He literally ATTRACTS misery & misfortune by just existing. And at his most profligate he can fit 4 concurrent ongoings plus team-ups PLUS events into his humdrum New York life. Peter Parker ain't no fuckin' everyman, he is a walking impossibility on various levels and has been week-in-week-out for decades before "oh btw his powers WEREN'T RANDOM WHOAAAAAAAA" was put to paper.
What did the Totem stuff even lead to in the present? In terms of actual unfurling narrative. Because he'd been having trippy magic adventure's with Doctor Strange as early as Ditko himself in the 60s.

Me senpai's shown up and wants company going down to Co-Op, be right back.

also sorry if that came out ranty, didn't intend it to. The timing of this snack-run is purely coincidental.

>What did the Totem stuff even lead to in the present? In terms of actual unfurling narrative.
I guess it gave us Spider-Verse.

I meant at the time (JMS, right?) but point taken.