Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you chose the humans over us...

Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you chose the humans over us. I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people. And now... I have no people. My soul, that is what you have taken from me!

Zod, I need to fart superbad!

>We could be a race of unstoppable gods with powers beyond imagining but that's not muh krypton a bloo bloo bloo.
Such deep. So character. Much kino.
Zod should've been an android instead.

I feel bad for Michael Shannon. He's so talented and thats what he had to work with.

This dialogue is mildly good therefore it is very bad because it isn't more than midly good.
Also since it isn't better than mildly good, it is pretentious, since it is clearly trying to be very good while falling short and merely being mildly good instead.

Mildly good = absolute trash AND pretentious.

Still the greatest cbm villain to date.

I just think it's funny that when someone points out character inconsistencies people say that the DCEU doesn't "spoonfeed" its audience in defense of bad writing, and then they can laud this time where Zod literally leans on the 4th wall and gives a soliloquy spelling out what his shallow and easily grasped motivations are, which is equally bad, just to the opposite extreme.

Because how dare we have something in the middle of the two.

They get their powers from the sun retard. It would have been Krypton with super powers

he was such a great Zod

But why Earth? If they had the tech to make Earth into Krypton couldn't they do that with Mars? Was Kal-el really so important?

Zod talking about MUH Krypton is very much in character for him, like he does basically the same exact thing in every appearance of his. Shit, even in his appearance in Suicide Squad he is rambling on about being a great Kyrptonian.

Read comics kid.

>Well, we're all lonely.

Ain't that the truth. Idk why people get so mad over a lonely Superman.

>In the end was more sympathetic than Supes and Batman combined.

Because thats where the scout ship was which drew them there, and Kal-El WAS that important because he had the birthing matrix inside of him. Like thats the key component to making non-abomination (read: Doomsday) Kryptonians.

Watch the movie man, its spelled out for you.

He was just butthurt and wanted to hurt Kal-el because he hated his dad.

Why didn't you just go to Mars?

The only reason they didn't move the ship to Mars and asked Kal-el for help to start to make a new Krypton there was that Zod hated Kal-el's dad and wanted him to suffer. Zod wasn't a good antagonist, just a butthurt manbaby.

>I'm a fucking spastic

The film was garbage but they still explained this. Zod says "A foundation must be built on something" If they could just make resources out of nothing there never would have been a crisis on Krypton in the first place. And Kal had the Codex, the only way Zod could create more kryptonians

Why do you assume that the terraformer would work for Mars?
I mean why go with the smaller planet that has nothing but red dirt and maybe some ice,
When you could just give zero shits about some apes with fossil fuels and steal their planet that already has a liveable atmosphere and plenty of other life giving resources.

>Get mad that Superman kills
>Love an actor who kind of wanted a serial killer Superman

This is how you write a supervillain, Marvel. Take note.

Is being unable to detect sarcasm a sign of autism?

But thats always his motivation. Like in the comics he is constantly trying to take over earth for that very reason.

Also Earth has much better natural resources than Mars, we dont know how their terraforming machine works. Maybe it needs a base set of resources to work with?
Like arguing about this part of the movie is stupid and pointless, its like asking why doesnt Superman just throw Lex Luthor into the phantom zone or something, or why Tony has made himself an army of Iron Men. Its just a central conceit of the the universe/story that gets handwaived away however the writer feels doing so.

frankly, this

>mars is literally next door
>I MUST CONQUER EARTH FARM BOY

>I mean why go with the smaller planet that has nothing but red dirt and maybe some ice,
Because that's what terraforming means?
Why exactly do they need to terraform a planet that is perfectly fine to live on?

Looking back, this was actually a refreshing final fight.

Nobody was worried about collateral damage or being scared audiences would get upset at the massive amount of devastation going on.

It was just a good old fashioned all out battle.

I don't like MoS, but Zod and Faora were probably the only decent parts of the movie

Meme-worthy acting aside

Because he's a psychopath who had the means to recreate his own planet?

DCEU Kryptonians run on a combination of sun and atmosphere.

>Zod talking about MUH Krypton is very much in character for him, like he does basically the same exact thing in every appearance of his.
All the more reason he didn't need to look at the camera and explain it in a little speech.

You seem to think I have a problem with the motivation rather than the execution. Which is unsurprising.

Ugh what a mess! They should have done it the PROPER way. "Alright Zod, I'll accept your proposition...if you can beat me in a dance off!"

Superman was actually incredibly relatable in Man of Steel. You always get hit with acts of kindness as well as acts of malice, no matter where you go or who you are. There will always be good and bad people.

Relatability isn't actually as good at thing as people claim. A hero you can relate to isn't much of one. The entire point is that you look up to them.

Whereas DCEU Clark is just kind of pitiable.

Kek

You are that lonely fat autist that think that people who hate DCEU characters never read comics.

Sad.

>relatable
Do you walk around with a blank expression, almost never talking with anyone, and never having friends on the last 30 years?

Which comics are you even talking about? Don't say "All" of them, because I know god damn well that Silver Age Zod didn't give a fuck about Krypton. He just wanted to rule earth and troll Clark.

"AND NOW....."

I love how Michael Shannon's voice subtly broke there.

Honestly Michael Shannon sounds like a miserable person.

>be genetically engineered superman (kek) who was literally born to fight and wage war
>train your mind and body for your entire life and reach the rank of General
>get beaten by a backwoods farmboy cuz "muh more time in the yellow sun and honing superpowers"

Blech.

y-yes..

MO you dumbass, Zoe wanted his entire planet animals included to come back. He is a traditionalist. He doesn't care about powers, but his culture and his way of life. You are a manchild that can't understand that for someone the well being of his people, and their home is more important that powers that you could replace with the tech they had

MO you dumbass, Zoe wanted his entire planet animals included to come back. He is a traditionalist. He doesn't care about powers, but his culture and his way of life. You are a manchild that can't understand that for someone the well being of his people, and their home is more important that powers that you could replace with the tech they had

They spell it for you in the movie; they needed an alive planet

Kal's existence was proof that the Kryptonian race could survive without genetic engineering. Jor and Lara procreated naturally on purpose to prove it, yet they infused Kal's cells with the codex to preserve a reproductive practice that Jor implied was part of the reason why krypton died.

Zod killed Jor and pursues Kal because this natural birth was heretical in Kryptonian society, despite it being a viable method of procreation. Zod could have saved his people by terraforming Mars and procreating naturally, but throws it all away to adhere to an unfeasible tradition

So deep bro

>traditionalist
>Wants to depose the government of Krypton and institute his own new order

Im ambivalent on man of steel
but it always seem like the people who rail the hardest against are some of the biggest idiots youll encounter who need shit spoonfed to them

yes why wouldnt the kryptonianss who breathe oxygen and drink water go to mars? why a plot hole

>what is terraforming?

It's because a terraform machine is supused to make breathable air and water. It's the entire point of the thing.

Terraforming?

>terraforming

wait...people DIDNT like this?

I like it...

good dialogue. clear motive. not so much a caricature of evil, more just conflicting goals. why couldn't they have done this for Lex?

Then why Did superman lose his powers on the Kryptonian ship with a Kryptonian atmosphere?

Sure he wasn't absorbing new sunlight but he doesn't lose his powers at night or inside buildings.

Movie Supes has different rules.

Silver Age isn't canon. You can't lean on ultra old comics anymore. The characters have changed, adapted and been molded into something greater. It's time to move on.

i fail to see how this is my fault, your just using excuses to blame me for you inability and lack of caricature depth. noob.

>getting upstaged by ceasar haircut and chick with 5 lines
being superman is suffering

Shitty movies usually use cheap and lazy writers and have dumb directors. So they resort to stupid and lazy plot devices (e.g. Star Trek Into Darkness having magic blood to rescue NuKirk when he died this time versus Spock saving the ship as they retreaded and recycled - due to impoverished ideas - Wrath of Kahn; plus also the stupid idea of galactic instantaneous space travel via portable transport portals - Who Needs Spaceships!!!).

Likewise, here, where lazy and stupid writers/directors retreaded Kneel Before Zod plot from Superman II, Zod had an entire army plus doesn't just threaten some Podunk town in Nowhere USA, the White House and small portions of Metropolis, but THE ENTIRE PLANET because of convenient scout ships (even though the entire planet couldn't be evacuated because Plot Device/Reasons so Kyrpton Dies, because stupid, lazy writing requires us to NEED A REASON to threaten the planet.