Why did no one tell me Refn made non-pretentious kino?

Why did no one tell me Refn made non-pretentious kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O65rJUJYwzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 = 3
youtube.com/watch?v=O65rJUJYwzg

Refn literally saved the Danish film industry before making movies in America

irrelevant juvenilia

Do Danskjävlar really do this?

1=3>2

2>1>>

I've been telling this board about the Pusher trilogy for 5 years. You obviously haven't been listening.

Just don't watch the english remake ffs.

2 is the best thanks to based Mads

I watched the first two films years ago, never watched the last one, don't know why

thank you OP for reminding me, i'm going to watch all three of them

i didn't even know that there are remakes, lol

Amazing trilogy, but I found Bleeder to be even more devastating, despite slightly more amateurish. I had been eating while watching and the ending nearly had me gagging, not even from gore but sheer tension and mindfuckery. Also, amidst all the chaos, Refn's obvious autistic self insert with Mads' character was pretty endearing.

Just the one. It's about Indians betting on the Cricket World Cup if I remember correctly

2 > 1 > 3

also, speaking about Refn, what happened to his TV series he was making?

they just announced it and never talked about it anymore

I feel like 3 doesn't get the credit it deserves just because it focuses on the least traditionaly "macho" member of the cast. But its got a certain old school euro charm and mafioso undertones that were less prominent in the higher octane previous installments that I think earn it a bit more merit.

check his twitter, he's doing location scouting on LA

We did.
Pro tip: This is Refn's best film and Hardy has more talent on the skin of his arsehole than Gosling has in his entire body

There was an english remake of Pusher 1 in 2012, Refn plays a character in it lol

The actor/Milo is in it too, but the rest of the cast is shit. The whole film is shit. Why they made it is a total mystery.

i like 3 don't get me wrong and sometimes it takes the place of 1 depending on my mood.

The food, the cheap wallpaper, the sleazy hair grease and leather jackets... It gives me a nostalgia similiar to certain episodes of the Sopranos, strangely. Perhaps because I was an army brat growing up as a youth and spent some years in the Italian countryside, occasionally taking vacations to Greece and Austria.

the 90s aesthetic is real fucking greasy but so comfy