What's your favorite episode of Batman TAS?

What's your favorite episode of Batman TAS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fsCIre-oSHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9aJx6MNb4
youtube.com/watch?v=GD6q4C_2hPc
youtube.com/watch?v=Vp6wLXj4-5A
youtu.be/K8C4-SrlptE
youtube.com/watch?v=7s5lc_1jRlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that episode with adam west

Objectively Heart of Ice, but in reality Jokers Favor

THE GREYYYYY GHOSSSSSST

The one where joker went out with a bang

Man Bat

That's not funny. That's not-

The Last Laugh.
Best theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=fsCIre-oSHQ

Baby Doll

Banned in Canada.

"tyger, tyger"

I'm gonna go with If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?, with the Riddler and computer games. Gorgeous animation, and it was one of the first episodes I watched (and recorded) so it left a mark.

My favorite soundtrack is The Forgotten.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9aJx6MNb4

Also really like POV. That series had a lot of original episodes.

I was thinking of this one too actually if only for this banter
>you can talk?
>my father taught me
>your father is a test tube

Poor Tigris never found love

Mudslide- because I still don't understand why Batman didn't let Clayface cure himself

This... sorta counts, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=GD6q4C_2hPc

"he trashed my car Alfred. Between guys, that's personal"

I felt bad for the guy. Just said fuck it all at that point and batman was the only one to care. At least he froze that bitch before hand

Over The Edge is the winner.

Muh heart's all a flutter.

Wasn't Bruce Timm in that one too?

You posted it OP. A close second would be Perchance to Dream though.

No way in any way.

"Growing Pains" is superior because the consequences last. The villain's evil cannot be undone, or so he claims.

The man who killed Batman. Truly Sid The Squid was BTAS greatest villain.

Plus the censored DVD release.

u wot m8? We got the gun version over here. What kinda lies have you been listening to?

His devout belief that he was Batman. His agony over having believed to have killed.

This is why adults now hold the do not kill rule to the standard.

The one that started it all

youtube.com/watch?v=Vp6wLXj4-5A

Is Batgirl returns the one with twoface and the flooded out subway tunnel?
That's my favorite.

this tbqh. except for charlie collins, of course

It's hard to pick from so many good episodes but the one that immediately pops up in my mind is "Beware the Gray Ghost."
There definitely was a lot of parallels between the plot and the real life story that inspired it. Getting Adam West on to provide the voice for the Gray Ghost was just one of the great things about it. Yeah, they could have made him go full ham with it but he did an amazing job showing the pathos of the character. Batman confining to him that the Gray Ghost was one of his childhood icons and biggest inspirations for why he continues to do what he does; well goddammit, that tugs at my heartstrings like no other. It's a symbolic passing of the torch if you will, Adam West to Kevin Conroy, a man who's voice would be associate with that character for a good 20 years. It proves that even the goofiest shit can still inspire people to do good.

well I'm gonna go see the lego batman movie now.

This scene proves that full-suit Harley will always be hotter than current slut Harley.

That was the weirdest thing. While it's understandable that Batman wouldn't condone theft, surely he would want to see a villain actually be cured of their affliction.

It was never even a debate. Harley's fucking name alone means she can't look anything but like a Harlequin.

But no, god forbid a villain look like someone in a costume, they got to be something more "realistic".

Big O?

IIRC, the writers tried to say that Clayface was just using her to gain better control over his powers, rather than cure himself.

Never got that impression. Hell, I don't think Batman even talked to the girl all that much to confirm her feelings.

Perchance to Dream

I watched that episode recently and while I had the same instinctive reaction about not letting Clayface cure himself, the problem is it wasn't a cure away from his transformative state, it would just allow him to be a stronger, more effective Clayface. It was a cure that would remove a good deal of his restrictions and make him a more effective menace. Given how he was already willing to commit murder this kind of "cure" would represent a huge danger. In that respect I can understand him not wanting Clayface to get a hold of it. If it was as simple as him just agreeing to be Matt Hagen again and that's that, sure, but even if he promised it could Batman trust him? What if he changes his mind? What if he has a really bad day and some Joker cuts him off on the freeway and his doctor girlfriend makes him meatloaf again?

Beware the Creeper.

Just something about seeing the Creeper try and rape Harley Quinn for half an hour, really resonated with me.

That's actually her first appearance, Shadow of the Bat.

What's wrong with meatloaf?

This episode fucked me up

Bonnie, I swear to god one of these days...

post yfw batman totally beefed it.

>Batman telling Trent that the Gray Ghost was his hero
>Bruce Wayne telling Trent that the Gray Ghost was his hero, using the exact same words
>Trent's "You don't say..." as he realizes Bruce is telling him that he's Batman

I miss when Bruce Wayne was allowed to be happy and Batman was allowed to be sassy.

it's great by itself, but I do love how it basically created 20+ years of
>its an Adam West guest stars as Adam West before he started guest starting as Adam West guest staring as Adam West episode

>Batman, as a character, was inspired by The Shadow
>The Gray Ghost, as a character, was inspired by The Shadow
>Batman, as a person, was inspired by The Gray Ghost

It's pretty great but the villain (Bruce Timm) was weak.

If we're counting TNBA, this is my favorite.

If not, I'll go with Appointment in Crime Alley.

>not Riddler's Reform
But really, all 3 Riddler episodes were top notch.

The show struggled with letting Batman, even as Bruce, be human when they introduced Robin. It's actually pretty fucked up. He takes the kid into his home because he responds to Dick losing his parents like that and okay he makes it an obsession to hunt down Zucco until Alfred convinces him that what Dick needs more than justice is a friend, someone in his life who gives a damn about him. So they bond over dead parents. Then at some point Bruce becomes this near emotionless automaton who can't even say, "Thanks."

Bit of a leap from Bruce telling Alfred, "April fools," and being able to laugh, to becoming the version where Bruce Wayne is the mask and he's Batman 100% of the time and every child who joins his crusade becomes his soldier with him as their general.

I feel like he recovered a bit by New Adventures.

it makes sense with Batman Beyond being canonically an alternate timeline.

>it makes sense with Batman Beyond being canonically an alternate timeline.

Say what?

Been a long time since I watched it. Wasn't Batman being a dick the reason Dick left to become Nightwing?

Not sure about that one myself. Best I can recall is that time shenanigans episode where Terry was killed by I think the enhanced Dee Dees?

I would nave never imagined John Glover if someone had asked me to pick a voice, any voice, for the Riddler, but damn it was perfect.

I'd be the first to admit I may not have the best ear for voices. I rewatched the series over the holidays and was surprised to discover that Tony Zucco was Matt Bluestone from Gargoyles, then again when I realized they were both voiced by Biff Tannen. I guess I'm a butthead.

>"Growing Pains" is superior because the consequences last

For all of one episode. I don't disagree about Over the Edge, though.

Honestly I don't know if I could ever pick just one - there's too many amazing episodes.

I guess if you put a gun to my head I'd have to say Joker's Favor. It's great to see some regular schmuck pull a one-over on a Rogue.

Also, 25 fucking years later and I still catch myself whistling the episode theme sometimes.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Gsxxi31z4

full suit harley is a slut too user

Seriously?
No one has posted "Almost got 'im" yet?
What's wrong with y'all?

Another great episode... one of many

True. But you can better see those dangerous curves in that Bodysuit.

Charlie was a hero user
youtu.be/K8C4-SrlptE

Fuck, I got goosebumps just looking at that title card.

There's an actual card game based off that episode now. In between poker rounds the players are trying to figure out who among them is also Batman.

That sounds fucking great
Does it have a specific name?

It's like the first result you'll get if you type "almost got 'im" on Amazon.

Trial.
Never understood why Almost Got 'Im is considered the ultimate all-star villain episode, it's great but doesn't quite hit the same highs in my opinion.

Thanks for the nostalgia rush. Man, Shirley Walker knew how to make an awesome soundtrack.

While Trial is a better showcase of the villains playing off each other, Almost Got 'Im is an anthology all it's own, which makes it more memorable in a way.

It's close, but I think Almost Got 'Im works just a *tiny* bit better. Which isn't to say Trial isn't fucking brilliant.

I think it's because of how mundane it is. It's not The Superfriends where the villains gather an evil council to plot the downfall of the heroes. It's just a bunch of villains gathered to play cards, bitch about Batman, and wave their dicks around to impress and heckle eachother on their stories. How many kids shows (or shows in general) back then would dedicate an episode to something like this? And most importantly it had a point that made it even more enjoyable. The guy they were bitching about was there the whole time and got the jump on them. Batman fought crime by playing poker. Let's see another hero do that.

One thing I absolutely loved about BTAS (and the rest of the DCAU) is how Andrea Romano kept picking people who weren't who you'd expect to be good at a character and having them knock it out of the park. Who expected Bull from Night Court to be a good Two-Face? Or Paul Williams being the best dapper Penguin?

>I didn't meant to

BTAS had the best regular joes. But you would have to be fucking hardcore to live in Gotham to begin with.

When she broke down and started speaking in her normal voice. Poor gal.

And there we have Jonah Hex. Always wondered who he was back in the day seeing that episode.

Wonder if more would have been done with a Matches Mallone episode.

Over The Edge stomps and stomps hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=7s5lc_1jRlc
(Growing Pains is good too)
(As are all the episodes)
(Except maybe "I've Got Batman In My Basement").

>MFW they canonically acknowledge villains get a revolving door between prison and mass murder

Robin's Reckoning always stuck with me.

Babs wants some beefcake.

Why is it so hard to find a decent quality stream for such a popular show? All I see is 360p garbage.

That episode made me lose what little sympathy I had towards Clayface.

And by lose sympathy I mean light it up with fire, throw it out the window, shoot it at full automatic with a assault rifle while its falling down, gets splattered on the pavement, and then finish it off with a uranium-enhanced R.P.G.

That is all.

I'm not overly fond of the titular character, but I really enjoyed "A bullet for Bullock".

Nightwing was because

A)He was sick of being in Bruce's shadow.
B)He thought the name and costume of Robin was stupid as a teen/adult.

He did get sick of Bruce in general though which is when he disconnected from him.

Because for the longest time the only way to get the show was 70 dollar season sets, so no one had enough of it to rip, and I don't think they've ever done a Blu-ray release.

It's a trade off between the other major cities. Gotham has lots of buggers but other cities have apartment blocks getting blown up every week.

Mad as a Hatter

>(Except maybe "I've Got Batman In My Basement").

I never hated that episode, it was a meh episode for me

I freely admit I would have forced him to undo what he did.

Some things you just don't forgive.

Yes, but God what a bleak and horrifying episode it turns out to be.

Same. Didn't help it was the first of the new "Batman" episodes I saw.

It shows Gotham at its most grim and depressing.

But she wasnt real

She was sapient and independent of Clayface. Both she and Clayface are comprised of the same substance.

Not in my book mister.

So does that make her transgender?

No, she's a girl.

Betting there's an Elseworld where Clayface died before he could assimilate her back.