Yet another TTG marathon

tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network#17-Feb-2017
When will this nightmare end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8CwdQSBZYY
cartoonnetwork.ca/schedule/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This again? I guarantee you, if they cut back on this show's airings, people online wouldn't even care about TTG anymore.

BUT user, DON'T YOU WANT MORE OF YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SHOW?!

YOUR

Ugh.

I'd rather watch a marathon of "Passion Patties", "Frenchfry", "Just Desserts", and "The Skinny On Parker".

Why would name all those episodes that are my fetish user?

NEW

FAVOURITE

show that Cartoon Network keeps on the schedule because children love it, despite its massive hatred online.

CRYSTAL GEMS

>Still watching Cartoon Network

Because they're my fetish too.

What's the point of rerunning it so many times if the whole series is gonna loop again every four or five days anyway?

I forgot about the near-daily Scooby Doo.

Good taste

Remember back when marathons were a special occasion on tv? Despite how I feel about Naruto now back then this
youtube.com/watch?v=z8CwdQSBZYY
was a good thing. Look I'm going to be honest, I really dislike teen titans go, but kids still watch it, and that okay I guess , but no show should be aired like this consistently. Remember when Cartoon Network had variety? They show six cartoons and a few movies every week. Its just kind of sad. There was a time when I could watch so much in one day on TV.

>Marathons used to be special and used sparingly, for holidays and landmarks in the show's life.
>New episodes used to be events because you couldn't just stream them or watch leaks.
>Show's had blocks that made them feel more alive and have personality
>CN used to have truly earned the name "Cartoon Network" by having variety, and embrace it. From their own originals, to their HB holdovers, to imports from JP and CA and everywhere in between
>It's been reduced to a pandering mess running a single show into the ground
It hurts, it hurts so much.

What sucks even more about this schedule is the fact that they'll give other cartoons loads of airtime, but that's only to make it seem like there's true variety and so they don't burn kids out which i'm amazed that they haven't already if they didn't

Cartoon Network was starting to bounce back and then Teen Titans Go came around. At least its not 2009 again. There is still hope thought. Netflix and Samurai Jack's return give me hope.

>tfw no Pretty Pretty Pegasus marathon

i seriously hope that the pilot they aired at SIX AM ON A SATURDAY get's picked up and CN treats it right
Also for an actual OK K.O series

Cuz the future seems dark with reruns of TTGo and that one preschool cartoon

You think kids today will actually believe there was once a thing called "Cartoon Cartoons" and "Cartoon Cartoon Fridays" ever?

>"YOU MEAN THERE WERE OTHER SHOWS BEYOND TTGO AND THE FILLER INBETWEEN TTGO"

I've got a big backlog to watch while going through old series and shows. Currently marathoning Samurai Jack for that new season.
And weren't most shows taken out due to that split with Boomerang and some old/classic CN channel?
Not many of the new shows are very appealing. I'm like Adv Time and Reg Show though.

Yep, God has forsaken us

>And weren't most shows taken out due to that split with Boomerang and some old/classic CN channel?

And majority of them don't even air on Boomerang anymore
Boomerang is basically a second CN that is premium and has some cartoons regular CN doesn't have

Who'd watch Shrek at 8 in the morning?

>Happy Feet Two at 9 AM on a Friday in the middle of a Teen Titans Go marathon

what the everliving fuck are they doing

I swear to god they air Shrek at least once a week

>approximately 1 airing on Steven Universe per week
I knew they were trying to kill the show but sheesh

>The Cat with Low Body Fat

I read on Wikipedia that fresh prince is coming to cartoon network, not adult swim, but cartoon network and only the first 3 seasons. Can someone confirm or deny this? Remember when Disney XD pulled this bullshit.

this can't be real

God, it so annoying how that one episode of Justice League is taking valuable space for more TTGO, just axe that stupid show off to boomerang or something

>They're advertising 6 PM on Friday like it's a new episode.

Wait wait wait, back up.

You mean to tell me that all of that advertising ISN'T for a new episode?

Oh boy!

It's like the Spongebob effect only TTG has little to no cultural relevance other than having recognizable character designs, so fucking weird

It only gets slightly better ratings than the competition too, and has relatively similar amounts of merch. It's kind of fucking surreal why CN keeps shoving this so hard. You can argue cost of production but if that were the case, they should be rerunning higher cost shows MORE because they all cost the same to rerun, and the ad revenue could help them to gain a better profit on those shows.

Someone spilled a bit of strawberry ice cream on there

No

Kids that are sick and desperate for any TV

This is fucking asinine. Why hasn't anyone stirred up shit over this?

People have plenty of times before, it's just that they eased off of it for a while. That picture's getting a ton of circulation right now because Jesus Christ look at it what the fuck.

>tfw cartoon network CANADA has a better schedule

cartoonnetwork.ca/schedule/

m-muh morning sunday cartoons

I take back everything bad I ever said about Canada.

>keeps TTGo to a bare minimum

If the canadian version can do it, why can't the original?

how can you even say it has high ratings when it's the only show you play

how the fuck could you even watch anything else

There's only three reasons why a show (even one that's relatively popular like TTGO) gets played that much.

1. An executive has a soft spot for the show/really likes it and pushes it to air more. A situation that could easily happen to any show.

2. There's no other good programming to put on. Spongebob suffers this from time to time- when it's the only good cartoon you have, why air other stuff? However, we know this isn't true because while RS is over and AT is wrapping up, there's still good stuff like Gumball, SU, and Clarence.

Or most likely:

3. There's a big corporate deal with WB to continue airing TTGO. D.C. Products aren't doing very hot right now- they've yet to not have a stinker with the DCU, and fucking Lego combined Will Arnett's deep voice and cgi, and beat BvS in profits, costs, ratings, merchandaise, and just general story.

Welcome to the self-reinforcing fuckery managers love to believe and practice.

>show gets shitty slots and no advertisement
>gets few views
>very little and low quality merch gets released
>barely any merch sales as a result
>show moved to graveyard slot
>no views, no sales
>show gets canceled
>manager responsible for killing it is lauded as a visionary predicting its failure

SU is also broken by its 11 minute length. I have never seen any form of media so crippled by its format as SU. Just compare any episode with the Bismuth one, the difference is sky and earth.

>Air reruns of a single show 50% of the time
>say the ratings are good because it has the most viewers

>Barely air other show, air it at obscure times, or release it online unde rthe guise of a leak
>say the ratings are too low and axe the show

>nobody gives enough of a shit because it's a cartoon channel

Corporate fuckery is a hell of a thing

Y'KNOW WHAT MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK IS? NBA ALL STAR JAM!

Every day I thank the gods for me getting high speed internet before this shit got more unbearable. I remember having my tv on Nat Geo or the actual news most of the day

The higher ups really need to realize that pandering to low attention span kids in this day and age is a shrinking market. Not to sound too old, but kids are more focused on their Game Boys and Call of Twerking and Let's Rage Mimecraft shit.

The real market that CN is barely utilizing is their autistic manchildren (i.e. us) audience. We're the ones that buy the merchandise. We're the ones that build up interest online for the show and spread it much farther than any ad could. We're the ones that watch the shows we like religiously. Didn't that one Stevenbomb with Peridot and Yellow Diamond get like insane ratings?

During the week that Bismuth aired SU was consistently in the top ratings on TV, and I believe Bismuth itself was the highest-rated show that night period.

Mah niggas

They're tying to kill EVERY show that isn't TTG or Gumball, and the only reason they're keeping Gumball around is because they need a backup plan after they milk TTGO for all of its worth. It's the same reason why Sonic Boom is on Boomerang and Pokémon is on Disney now, they just gave up altogether.

So which one of the interns at WB gives the best blowjobs to these execs to air TTGO 159 times a week

i would take 100 hours of TTG! than 15 minutes of Judenverse

You have to be 18 to post here lad

>3. There's a big corporate deal with WB to continue airing TTGO. D.C. Products aren't doing very hot right now- they've yet to not have a stinker with the DCU, and fucking Lego combined Will Arnett's deep voice and cgi, and beat BvS in profits, costs, ratings, merchandaise, and just general story

But that just raises the question as to why they don't push JLAction harder. They only play it once and that's strictly for the new episode.

Cheap and easier to digest for younger audience

Also why would CN give any other cartoon reasonable airtime when they can milk TTGO

I blame satan. If more people went to church I'm sure they'd show TTGO less.

High college students?
This is actually a pretty good point that I never though of.

I just don't understand this shit. Adventure Time isn't even fucking on there, it's like if Nick suddenly decided to stop airing Spongebob and started airing fucking Kappa Mikey or some shit.

I hate NBA All Star Jam,there is no lasagna during those days