How do i understand filmmaking better without having to listen to reddit-core film reviewers?

How do i understand filmmaking better without having to listen to reddit-core film reviewers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=go_Oe6XbDTc
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
nyfa.edu/student-resources/7-essential-books-on-filmmaking-and-directing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just be yourself

start making films

Whats his end game?

How is this guy not embarrassed to be alive. Looks like a fucking retard. Acts like a fucking retard. Films himself smoking pot (yeah smart one genius) and is basically the epitome of what people call a numale online second only to carl the cuck. I HATE HIS FUCKING FACE REEEEEEEEE!

he doesn't give a fuck

what is this expression trying to convey?

Holy shit that guy is jewish

Take the time to read actual film theory instead of getting a second hand retelling of it from a film school dropout. There's a lot to learn.

Read a book nigger

I live in colorado and weed is legal to buy in stores

stay mad underage

Why do they do this

It's a submissive gesture among primates. Closed teeth smile is aggressive to these "men"

What are some good books on film theory?

Damn bro hella relevant post

+1

Good question. A better question would be: what are this guy's shoulders trying to convey?

Interesting

Read a text book and try it yourself.

I hate Sean Murray so goddamn much. I never played NMS but his face and demeanor piss me off

he's genuinely as repulsive as leslie jones - I'm fucking impressed

i have never seen so little testosterone in one picture

youtube.com/watch?v=go_Oe6XbDTc

>le nu male le beard xDD never leaving the house and being a virgin is masculine right?

>Everyones a loser neet like me xD

>How can I sound like I know what im talking about without having to actually try and learn anything
Also, why the fuck would you listen to reviewers to learn about filmmaking?

Le shitty game face

>everyones a Sup Forumsdittor like me xDD
>arguing online all day is masculine because muh babyface
Beardlets and their rationales.

>Beardlets
LMFAO nu-male spotted

Go to film (not film school)

lol honestly what a nerd

don't listen to that guy, don't read books about "film theory", you'll be just another film school hack dividing frames in sections and thinking they're geniuses for picking up on gimmicky editing(basically any point those video essay film school drop outs on youtube talk about). If you really wanna understand cinema and not just be able to shit on the current marvel flick with some buzz words, study art and philosophy in general

Babyface spotted, keep wasting hundreds of dollars on oils because you can't muster enough testosterone to grow the tiniest hair on your chin.

wew lad

reminder that he has a qt3.14 gf and you're still a virgin

so just learn art and philosophy while learning camera techniques and forming connections through my friend with experience at hollywood?

>study art
Pretty much this. I come from a visual arts background (my trash work was in an international art exhibit), and the ability to analyze visual art has very obvious links to analysing film, just with an added dimension of time.
Learning photography would be the best ground floor to a better understanding of film.

the fuck do you mean, literally just razor my face once a day with some shitty lotion and i have flawless skin. be jealous beardcucks with your reddit beard oils and numale aesthetic.

>babyface pretends his lack of beard is an aesthetic choice instead of him trimming the couple facial hairs he can grow to avoid being laughed at

>jawlet numale desperately defending his patchy, scraggly beard he uses to cover up his abomination of a jawline

LMAO

>projecting this hard because being a babyface comes with thin skin.

>Butthurt numale calling anyone thin skinned

This. It's actually kind of alpha in a weird way.

Read some actual film theory books. Be careful that many recent books are actually about shit like intersectional feminism instead of actual film theory.

The essentials are 'What is cinema?' by Bazin
and 'The movement-image' and 'The time-image' by Deleuze.
'Hitchcock/Truffaut' is great if you want to know more about the general filmmaking process (and like Hitchcock), but light in actual theory.

>babyface can't even reply directly because the lack of testosterone in his body turned him into a passive aggressive little bitch

newfag detected

I've been here longer than you :^)

t. 2014 baby

t. 2016 baby

Can someone link a brother up with some Sean Murray cringe vids?

Its one of those open relationship, where hes more of a friend than lover

youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

Not one person attempted to answer the question.

nyfa.edu/student-resources/7-essential-books-on-filmmaking-and-directing/

t. beardlet

ITT plebbit

Thread got derailed by reddit

t. Babyface

i don't know read some fucking books/essays on it if you're so interested

My god it's much i can't take it

is everything reddit to you?

How does it feel to be an overcompensating chinlet

is beard growing genetic or related to testosterone?

>based Spoole shits on Nu Male's Sky and the rest of Funhaus defends it like good little cucks
He was too pure for this world

Both

I have both a cute chin and a beard, how does it feel to have a baby face past the age of 20?

or watch movies and see which speak to you and try to figure out why. you can't learn taste in a book

They are men that have learned to be completely non-sexual and non-threatening to conform conform to views of how a "modern, progressive man" should behave.

They are the beautiful ones in the calhoun mouse experiments. Mice that have learned to stay out of the way as a survival strategy.

and in spite of all that he still gets grills and makes it work. You gotta admire that kind of reality-altering confidence. Even if it's rooted in something dumb

No, but you certainly are.

Nice armchair psychology, got any source for your claims?

what is this dudes name? I want some cringe to look at.

psychology is not a science and you do not need a piece of paper to be qualified to opine on human nature

What are you fucking retarded. Im a 25 year old man who smokes like a chimney, it doesn't mean I'm gonna film myself dude lmaoing and upload it to the internet like some faggot numale. You do understand that just because something is legal doesn't mean you should be an obnoxious dead beat about it? or maybe you should try filming yourself doing mad dabs and upload it to normiebook when you go job hunting next, just hand out buds with your resume, will let them know to hire you immediately. This is a picture of you.

>psychology is not a science

This is you.

Who is that guy

>film self smoking pot
>post on internet for le epic upboats
>try to get real job
>they tell you 'you don't suit the image they're going for'
>continue to work part time sales jobs until the end of days