Are they even TRYING anymore!??

Are they even TRYING anymore!??

He has a point. Batman carries some pretty lethal shit with him, including turrets the size of buildings and actual guns from time to time.

Is Batman against cops wearing guns as well even if they are going up against men armed that could take them out?

That's not snow on his parents' headstones.

A Green lantern packing a fucking gun is most certainly the stupidest bullshit idea ever

I'm pretty sure he is. I can't remember what comic I read it in but I think he gave Gordon crap for carrying a gun. It was Death in the Family or Robin of Knightfall.

GL is right. Batman is being petty piece of shit, but i guess that's in character.

That's retarded. What does he expect them to do against armed bank robbers

>Muh Mommy and Daddy are dead!!!!11!!!1

Fuck Batman.

Also this is the worst lantern design by miles. Even 90's Kyle Rayner seems good in comparison

hey, they've all needed something to give them the will to go on

this guy has a gun
ginger had his practical jokes
kyle had some cold ones waiting at home
hal had that kid

it's fine, it's normal

Kung Fu and Karate.

I don't have a problem with this and actually like the consistency of Batman's character where he's actually crazy and the only thing keeping him from falling apart is his strict code and rules and rituals he keeps.

Batman is the hugest fucking hypocrite

Simon is better off as a red lantern

Jessica would be the purple one

Too much Green redundancy

Jessica should have stayed Power Ring and Simon should have been a Yellow. He has the ability to instill great fear y'know

simon has the most powerful weapon int he universe on his finger and he still uses a gun as a crutch

he's a bitch nigga who isn't living up to his potential as a GL

>Ring runs out of power again.

I thought this page was going to be about white privilege or some shit. Glad I was wrong

No it isn't. What's stupid is that lanterns don't carry a back up weapon since the rings run out of power

His ring regularly failed him because it was a malfunctioning piece of shit.

Because guns--TRIGGER-- him?

>kyle had some cold ones waiting at home

While its true, it says what you are as a GL, you need to have the utmost confidence with you and your ring and Lanterns who lost their ring power were still able to fight back even without a gun

I actually liked this. Both have their reasons for arguing. Batman is shown to be a hypocrite since he has an issue with a gun but not with a GL ring which is more powerful, but rings have nonlethal methods while guns generally don't. But Batman is traumatized by guns and that's what Simon is unknowingly stating.

And their arguing over who the bad guy is was good, too. They were both right. I'm going to expect them having better respect for each other.

>Shoot super bad dude with gun
>Nothing happens to super bad dude
I would be more comfortable with that excuse if he had a raygun or some sort of high tech or mystical gizmo thing. There is a reason cops rely on super heroes to deal with super villains, and it's not because guns are amazingly effective against them.

>why does simon carry that shitty gun

Show some respect.

I'm not that into guns but c'mon.
Say Green Lantern is in space fighting some evil alien and his ring runs out of power or some other shit that ALWAYS happens to Lanterns for plot reasons.
Now, Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Jessica, every other fucking Lantern, they're all gonna have only their fists to fight back, or whatever else they can get a hold of.
Simon's still gonna have his gun.

The idea that the lanterns don't carry any kind of backup weapon is pretty damn stupid when you think about it. I think what would avoid alot of the criticism about Baz having an actual pistol would be lessened if it was some sort of badass alien-tech laser pistol thing. Him just running around in space with a Glock or whatever it is, is just silly as fuck.

You forgot about negro having a planet fireworks.

He also has the marines

That's pretty cool. Is he fighting Sinestro?

The issue isn't HIS refusal to use guns it's him giving people shit for their using them.

Yep this is Simon in the dead realm which is basically the after life trying to bring back Hal but Sinestro as the smug person as he is tried stealing Simon's ring.

He's got giant ass guns on the Batmobile and Batwing most of the time.

Yes, during the First Lantern arc of GL. Baz, Hal, and Sinestro are trapped in a dead dimension. Baz has the doubled ring that Sinestro made for Hal and it has a safeguard so that it can't hurt Sinestro. Sinestro wants the ring so he can escape.

Ring doesn't work.
Gun works.

For comic "standarts" if the hero wears an armor every villian will do so, or be stronger. It doesnt need to be with planned writing but you will end passing legacy to a bendis at some point.

Batman's logic has always been goddamn retarded, his stance on guns, not killing The Joker despite him escaping from Arkham every five seconds, and letting children fight alongside him in colourful costumes

No but see, they shoot tiny little batarangs and grenades so its like, totally ok and shit.....

I get the logic of having a side arm but this just feels like something an edgy kid would right.

>Has the universes most powerful weapon and defense item
>can't use it for shit, gets hurt by shit a building level fighter would tank
>instead of just acknowledging he sucks using the universes strongest weapon, he lashes out at the man who is pointing out how ridiculous that is
>Batman has to put up with knowing someone with a weapon that can level stars can't even consistently use it to make sure he doesn't get shot

I'd demand he quits being a lantern. He obviously sucks at his job and in his ability to control the ring

>where he's actually crazy

Oh look THIS meme again...

Seems like what would be a pretty basic scenario for a green lantern whose thing is having a gun or other side arm

>Ring stops/isn't working
>Use other weapon

>all sorts of scary devices
>such as a grappling hook and bat shark repellent
No, that's retarded

I'm not sure what youre trying to say.... but my only point really was that Baz having a projectile based pistol in space seems fairly retarded. If he's gonna have a sidearm at least make it something that fits.

Edgy as fuck post, bro!

>>Batman has to put up with knowing someone with a weapon that can level stars can't even consistently use it to make sure he doesn't get shot
Are you implying that ANY of the Green Lanterns actually use their ring to the best of its ability?

>scary devices

huh...the Muslim gang banger is scared of scientific crime investigation equipment

wonder why....

I get the feeling you're trying to imply that is jism, but I don't understand how or why you think that's funny.

Is there a joke I'm not getting?

The ring was a double merged with the original and didn't work properly all the time. It malfunctioned and gave Baz a legitimate reason to carry the gun and taught him a lesson about relying on the ring too much. That has been an issue with a lot of lanterns.

It makes sense in the story but I understand why it looks dumb if not having read it.

It even ties into the start of the New 52 run.

Nah...I posted this because of Batman playing the MY PARENTS ARE DEAD card...AGAIN. I broke out laughing when I saw that page and had to post it.

That's right, Sinestro was a GL again. Why did that stop?

Well yeah but that's my point. His thing shouldn't be HAS GUN. That's not a character hook.

A hero loosing their powers should be an exciting way to seem them vulnerable and to think on their feet. See them come up with plans and use their head.

There was a great episode of the animated series where Hal, Kilowog and Razer lost their powers and couldn't even so much as communicate without their translators, so they had to find a way to win in the end without their power. It was exciting it was clever and it was fun. Justice League Action had Superman powerless while running from Steppenwulf so he had to set traps and use other skills he had to beat him.

His thing being HAS GUN means that too many stories will be Dependant on him losing his ring for that to be useful. And this is just, well it's lame. It means he's only going to be powerless if he's in a situation where his gun is useful which is very limiting. It feels like something a Junior High school kid would think is cool as he listens to gangster rap.

his ring was a malfunctioning piece of shit for a while

try actually reading about Simon before commenting on him

Kyle used to, every now and then.

It's not like there isn't a precedent. Jack T. Chance carried guns around with him to get around the lethal force limit, Hannu just punches everything in sight because "MUH STRENGTH". Abin Sur regularly road around in space ships because he was afraid his ring was gonna fail him. There was a wizard who used a ring as a weapon in an arsenal rather than his main go-to.

>Talking shit about the crab mask

I fucking wish they'd go back to that outfit. His white lantern costume is so damn boring.

Because he upgraded to Parallax.

My only issue with all that was why Johns felt the need to do an epilogue showing the future to characters that will continue having comics done of them long after we're all dead.

oh look, it's a Batgodfag implying he'd be so much more efficient with a ring, yawn

What the fuck is a gun in space going to do

A laser pistol maybe
But a regular gun?

For closure, I liked the epilogue except for Guy since he was shown to be old and alone

THAT... is what I'm saying.

If a gun is so intergral to his character at least give him a sidearm that makes fuckin sense.

Baz and Jess have been strictly Earth-based for the time being which is good. God knows we needed some Terran shenanigans after all the EVERYONE DIES SPACE EVENTS that Johns got into everyones heads.

if his ring actually fails in space he needs to worry about being able to fucking breathe more than shooting something

GLs spend plenty of time on planets with atmospheres.

What the fuck is it going to do against a giant robot or an invading space armada? Mongol ain't gonna be put out by a glock.

It being a rapper gun is just retarded when you realize what kind of shit GL's typically deal with. It's just ghetto and I don't mean that in the character trait kind of way. It's just punk shit

Don't their rings switch to life support system for a bit before shutting down completely

It just won't work but they still have enough juice for their barriers to recharge. Or they can force it to do something but then it is out until they recharge

>one of the most down to earth lanterns
>who is stationed on earth
>finding a ray gun and using it

He's already shown to not trust things he doesn't entirely understand. A normal gun is something he knows how to use and he probably knows it inside and out.

Now if you were to offer him a gun that shot cars and trucks...

Baz is earth based because in the Red Lantern run they became the sole protector of 2814 tho he was in Lost army and suddenly he wasnt ?

>God knows we needed some Terran shenanigans

there's no shortage of earth based super heroes. GL's whole concept is a galactic protector too much Earth focus is boring. It's what killed the movie.

Atrocitus kind of fucked everything up after Guy left.

I think they're just ignoring those two minis (besides them being gone and most of the Corps dying).

They used to have 'reserve charges' which basically gave them enough juice to for flight/barriers.

Which is what Hal Jordan and the GL Corps is for even if it's going to stick with EMOTION FIGHTS again. The time just prior to the Crisis and Post-Crisis with the 8 GLs all living together on Earth is a great time and I'm glad at least one book is going back to that and bringing back classics such as Polaris that have been forgotten in time.

>he doesn't think cumming on graves is funny
What are you fucking gay?

What the would a laser gun do against a giant robot? Probably fuck all, same with any other slugthrower that isn't some handgun-sized railgun.

Also

>Glock
>ghetto
>rapper gun

Overpriced and overhyped, sure, but you lost me there.

>baby bitch crying he can't use a gun while having one of the more powerful and versatile weapons in the universe

for closure on his run, I guess, since so many people consider it definitive GL now

also to give us something better to think about while we have to endure Venditti era GL

Honestly Batman can get raped. Owning a gun is a basic human right.

Contrary to what you might think, not everything from space is Superman level strong or whatever. There's a lot of stuff in space that can be killed by a regular earth gun. In fact I'd say a regular earth gun would probably be pretty reliable. Nothing in it to hack and there's less technobabble that can stop the chemical reaction that propels the bullet from happening.

No, he is not, he didn't even cared dick used one as a cop

American much?

>owning a gun is a basic human right
But thats wrong.
Owning the means as well as having the right to defend oneself is a basic human right. That being a gun is not a right itself, its just the easiest and move effective means of defending oneself.

You just live in a country run by human rights abusers

Read the constitution. Guns and warships are basic human rights.

To be fair I don't think Dick would ever actually shoot someone

Please. Even Bruce was about to shoot someone in Beyond

He doesn't. This is pure bad writing and Baz using a gun he stole from someone is retarded when he has access to Ray guns and space shot to back up his ring. It's bad writing, Gordon is there, batman has no problem with normal, low skilled people using guns. He believes people with high level of skill or superpowered guys using guns is stupid tho. And he is right. Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.

user. Cops use guns. It's not like Batman went about and took all the guns from police officers. Besides, Dick hates guns as much as Batman.

You probably laughed at Sausage Party.

Kyle

>He believes people with high level of skill or superpowered guys using guns is stupid tho.

A lot of world champ boxers, UFC fighters, etc still use guns for home defense.

>Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.

I don't know. I don't think Lex would ever expect that. I've been pepper sprayed so I think that'd give him enough time to get away from the kryptonite.

>Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.
>Superman is depowered
>Luthor is gloating over him
>Superman busts out the pepper spray and proceeds to beat Luthor's ass

Yeah, nah, go fuck yourself, backup weapons are useful.

Simon's mask is shit.

>A lot of world champ boxers, UFC fighters, etc still use guns for home defense.
Did you really just compared fucking fists and legs to actual super-powers?

The problem with Kryptonite is that its effects on Superman vary per story

Sometimes it is enough to cripple him. Other times he can endure it enough to land a finishing blow

Parral as hasn't been an upgrade for almost one decade

>it's a 'Batman autistically yells about guns' episode

And he fights space aliens, what good is a gun gonna fucking do against a space ship or an alien monster?

>cartoons

Why was Kickass fighting Sinestro?

They don't all have skin of steel

What good is a malfunctioning ring going to do against a space ship or monster?