Why did it fail?

Why did it fail?

>you know what people like
>the ancient history parts?
>no, it's the future parts let's make the movie all about that!

Because it's one of the worst movies ever made

This.

>Present is boring with tons of exposition
>Past is where everything cool happens
>Spend most of the movie in the present because fuck excitement

Because video game movies are guaranteed shit

At least we got to see Fassypants jump around a room with hs shirt off fighting invisible enemies

It was terribly directed. The action sequences make Transformers seem like a visual masterpiece in editing

I'm actually one of those people who just hate the plot and exposition of the series overall, and would never pay to see a movie based on it.

>game is for under 12's
>movie is a 12A
Maybe there's your problem.

Also, AC is the shittest game franchise I've ever played.

I'm actually one of 5 people who really like the modern times storyline. You fags who whined about modern times are the reason third game was so shit. They planned to make a whole game about modern times, goddamnit! Now we'll never have it.
First silent hill was good.

I have a theory that any video game movie based on action gameplay needs to have the hero NOT be the protagonist.
>mgs movie?
Adapt it so Big Boss is the mentor
>Assassin's Creed movie?
Protagonist hires/is saved by Assassin
>Halo
Marine in Chief's company

Warcraft is the only real example I know where they really focused on getting the characters right.

>Warcraft is the only real example I know where they really focused on getting the characters right.
And it was still shit.

>I'm actually one of 5 people who really like the modern times storyline.
Kill yourself and reduce it to 4.

Its the best video game movie ever.
Action scenes were amazing.

It's a pleb filter

>Its the best video game movie ever.
Wow big fucking accomplishment

Actually that title goes to /ourmovie/ Angry Birds.

Angry birds is not a videogame.

>mfw I loved those parts, same as the ancient aliens and shit

I know, right? I bet they don't even visit /x/.

Technically it is.

>They planned to make a whole game about modern times, goddamnit! Now we'll never have it.
It's called Watchdogs

bad action scenes
takes itself way too seriously while having a ridiculous plot

I unironically really liked it

Technically, it's a mobile game.
Only on the most basic level. Same universe but far from being the same kind of game.
It was amazing. Opening felt like I was watching an 80s fantasy movie, something like highlander. Just put a VHS filter on and it'll fit perfectly.

Literally 'the least smelly turd in the septic tank.'

>far from being the same kind of game.
They're literally identical. The difference is that watchdogs has 3rd person shooting and cars instead of horses.
Oh, and you can't free-run up the side of every building. But it's definitely Assassin's Creed realised in the modern day.

The second watch dogs actually added a basic free running control, you can't climb building faces like in AC but the guy is a lot more nimble than trenchcoat autist from WD1.
Also you can control scissor lifts to get to the top of any building anyways.

>no focus on stealth
>no millenia-long conspiracies
>no brotherhood
>no ancient aliens
>no hidden blade
It's just open world. It's like sayting that gta v is the same game as AC.
Why? I'm a fan of the series and even I didn't like it. It was a mess.

>>no focus on stealth
In the first game, literally every mission is a stealth mission. And the entire concept is that Aiden is trying to stya under the grid. It's much better in that regard than fucking Ezio who walks into the centre of a town square, murders some dudes publicly and then announces his name
>>no millenia-long conspiracies
No, just loads of present-day conspiracies.
>>no brotherhood
Deadsec
>>no ancient aliens
Wow, that sure is important to the gameplay
>>no hidden blade
In the first game, your battalion is basically the exact same thing

You're right that it's not literally a carbon copy of AC. But it is literally AC in the present day without being called AC

It was dumb as the game and things like asbergos using crossbows in modern time made me laugh. I also thought the craine animus was actually a change for the better

> It was dumb as the game and things like asbergos using crossbows in modern time made me laugh.
Then you liked it ironically.
>the craine animus was actually a change for the better
Crane animus(and what happned in the movie) is canon, they mention it in Origins couple of times.
You may be right in a way, but then it's just not exactly the modern AC that I was promised in 2007. So, no deal.

Shitty actor, shitty animus, shitty action sequences, not even the parkour was good.
I don't mind the future parts but it's the historical parts where it's at, they should've had more missions, kept the animus design simple, and left the future part for a sequel

Shitty cashgrab just like the games

I'm playing Origins now and both the modern parts and the ancient alien devices are written like complete shit.
Unless they're going to set an entire game in modern times or an entire one in ancient alien times where you play as Adam and Eve I never want to deal with those sections again.

>Warcarft
You mean the movie that retconned the shit out of the original story and had all the humans played by completely wooden actors?

Who even cares anout warcraft nowadays?