What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Too few zombies. No arc about a cure. It's 80% drama with 20% zombies

amc are greedy cunts is what went wrong

They didn't all die after season 1. When the black chick turned up it all went to shit.

once the show got popular they discarded the things that make a zombie movie good and replaces them with drama for easy money, because they know those normie sheep will watch it anyway

nothing went right. saw four eps and decided its shit

TOO MANY OP CHARACTERS.

We got the badass with a crossbow, the badass grandma survivalist, the badass katana woman who don't need no man, the badass monk assassin who kills not but he do, the badass jesus allegory who knows kunfu, the badass fat lesbian, the badass half blind kid and there's Rick (who im fine with cause he's the main character and he's cool as fuck).

I have 2 episodes sitting on my HDD from the new season. I just can't watch it anymore...

>attack of the zombies rolly polly-ing down the hill
This show is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Michonne? Where is she anyway? She has yet to appear this season.

I made it 20 minutes into the second episode of the new season and just had to stop.
Can't do it anymore. Not even for Negan.

>horror ahow
>not even scary

Absolutely shit-tier writing and an ever-changing plot that isn't grounded and realistic (sans zombies).

Even Supernatural had done better zombie episodes

Kirkman should just honestly introduce the aliens at this point. I'm giving it until the end of New World Order for it to get interesting then I'm dropping it.

AMC rates this show as acceptable for 14 yr old children

Zombies are 18+, although I would say what happened with Negan was easily an 18+ episode.

Fucking hell the pilot was gold though.

It's a combination of bad writing and poor acting. The show is character driven, but none of their characters come off as likable or charismatic. The last time even normies cared about a death on the show, it was last year's season premiere.

Episode 2

>post yfw the YAAAS QWEEN died

>acceptable for 14 yr old children

Rated MA, has some of the rankest fire on television, can't swear. What in the actual fuck.

Gore* not fire

I don't care what anyone says, the show was never good since the beginning. Don't even "Episode 1" meme me. Since the beginning they were poor adaptations of the characters that made the original story work, so when you try to copy the story but have almost completely different characters take their place, it's a massive tonal shift.

Also who gives a fuck about AMC anymore. Breaking Bad has been done for 4 years, Mad Men has been done for little over 2 years now. The only reason why you'd even still be watching at this point is you like wasting your time with Stockholm Syndrome.

yea I totally agree but it looks like at least up until season 3 every episode was rated for 14 yr old children..

I know american system is fucked and swearing and sexual content is way more frowned upon then raw violence

>No arc about a cure
I want them to end it by saying there's been a cure for a while and they all realize they've been killing each other for no reason.

>No arc about a cure
Season 1 is as close as we'll ever get to that

>Fewer and fewer zombies appear on the show
>Rick and co. keep killing people off
>They eventually find out that the infection was cured long ago and most people started to live together in a big community while Rick and co were still killing like there was no tomorrow

Seasons 1 to 5 are kino, after that it went to shit when they decided to try and crowbar every socjus talking point of the day into it to appear 'woke'. To be honest I blame the network.

Only TWD writers could fuck up all out war and somehow make it boring and laughable. Last episode was ok, but the first two episodes this season were so bad they needed an mst3k snarktrack. Who was in charge of those gun battles? Were they all supposed to be firing blanks and not even aiming? There was one scene where one redshirt was shooting and his buddy walked right in front of him and knelt down and started shooting. Like, hey don't mind me bro, just shoot around me.

S.

Darabont leaving. It feels like a completely different show now.

>Last episode was ok
It had one good scene and that was just Gregory pleading at the gates.

Sounds like someone isn't wearing their caca khakis

Shane died, Merle died, the good writers left and or got fired, budget went into a awful looking cat.

>No arc about a cure.
They'll never reveal it for various reasons, at least in the comics. The show might go full retard and do it.

i hope this dies so JDM and Lauren can go back to Supernatural

Oddly enough, Gregory's actor is one of the shows highlights. He also did literally nothing wrong (aside from ditching the priest I guess).

But how did she die in there? Was it nervous gas?

>Main cast has plot armor thicker than a neutron star
>Way too much filler
>Plot lines that go nowhere (hospital-crew in Atlanta, the Wolves, the Garbage People, etc.)
>People who have been surviving in the zombie apocalypse for nearly half a decade now (about 3 years now if I remember) still don't know how to deal with zombies and some are just absolute retards
>Really, really, really bad gun fights
>Less about zombies, more about humans - but they focus really poorly on humans
>Abysmally bad characters (Carol turns into a whinging whining mother into John Rambo then into a whinging whining bitch then back into John Rambo, Morgan turns into a psychopath hellbent on murder then into a peaceful staff-wielding monk and then back into a psychopath hellbent on murder)

They've gone white man x black female too many times and never black man x white female. Are we supposed to believe that just because it's the apocalypse that white women stop craving the BBC?

>Fired the original creator
>AMC are greedy fucks
>Zombies stopped being the threat, now it's another 'human vs human' post apo show
>Takes forever for a main character to die despite them constantly saying nobody is safe
>So much diversity in a show where 99% of the population are dead
>Too many fat people in a show where they shouldn't be

>yfw you realize the show won't do a time-skip like the comics
>yfw you realize the show will have season after season of "original writing" showing what happened in the time-skip
>yfw you realize the same people who came up with the fish-lesbian village, the garbage-pail kids who lost their grasp of english, and Sacred Heart Hospital ft. the Police and Everybody Hates Chris will have free reign to write whatever they want

They worst network imaginable has it, I keep wondering what it would be like if HBO had it instead

Normies

Agreed, normies have just given AMC the rights to do whatever they want

You must be fun at parties

>everyone shitting themselves over rolling zombies

Zombies are literally incapable of going up a flight of stairs or standing up on their own, they are absolute retards.
>OH NO LOOK A DOZEN OF ZOMBIES WE'VE HAD YEARS OF EXPERIENCE FIGHTING ARE ROLLING TOWARDS US AFTER WE JUST GOT DONE MURDERING A SHIT TON OF ARMED HUMANS
>BETTER FUCKING PANIC

this is even more hilarious when you look at the painting in the background every so second.

Is it really considered alright for the guy in the red's gf to be cuddled up against the guy in the yellow like that? Or am I just too tightly wound? I used to knock my ex around for doing stuff like that

>People actually got THIS upset
I forget how sensitive normalfags are.

Yeah, this. A serialized tv series need to conclude. AMC thought that they could prolong the show as much as possible. The result is that when the same stuff happen, apparently, with no new developments people will stop watching.

I'm glad that I never watched a single episode.

it's not his gf just because they're holding hands. she's some cunt in the group who needs physical support while watching these emotionally draining shows. this is women now, they're nobody's property. they fuck whomever they want, whenever they want. and if you got a problem, maybe it turns out she wasn't okay with that sex you had a few years ago. face it fag, women won.

When everyone is OP... no one will be.

WHERE THE FUCK IS NEGAN

He's been in the show for 2 minutes so far this season fucking cheap ass amc kikes

Everyone tried telling me to get back into it for the negan arc but when i tried rewatching it i couldnt even make it that far

>What went wrong?
It was based on a mediocre comic

yeah a big part of the problem is the source material