Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this show as much as Arthur or even The Magic School Bus? It was a 90s PBS cartoon

Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this show as much as Arthur or even The Magic School Bus? It was a 90s PBS cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Lnbhd7JDZzw?t=12m51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It sucks.

Explain why

Sup Forums has a huge boner for this show. I don't get it. And you can't call it a 90s cartoon when it premiered in 1999 and ran halfway into the new decade.

Explain what was good about it first.

EMMY WISHED ON THE DRAGON SCALE

I found it a fun little show to watch and I enjoyed the very simple, but fun plots. It was probably the best PBS cartoon. Theme song was also catchy, as well as the songs. Though, I will admit that it went on way too long. It should have ended after the second season.

I call a lot of 1999 shows 90s shows, because they premiered in 1999.

An example is SpongeBob, which was one of the best cartoons of the 90s, along with Dragon Tales, Rugrats, CatDog, Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Laboratory.

Because Arthur could appeal to adults and children. Dragon Tales was strictly for pre-schoolers.

It was boring, repetitive and saccharin. No better than Barney & Friends.

What about Magic School Bus? That also gets talked about more than Dragon Tales for some reason.

I actually hated Barney with a passion. Dragon Tales at the very least was tolerable. I honestly enjoy the show.

Even watching it as a kindergartener, I knew it didn't have a lot to offer other than time wasting. I liked stuff like Dexter's Lab way better as a kid.

Dexter's Laboratory was another one of my favorites. Loved the Speed Racer parody and the episode where the girl kept staring at him and then the song called Aye Aye Eyes happened. I also remember the episode where he got detention, the janitor episode, and the Ice Cream episode.

It's been a while since I've seen Magic School Bus, but I'd assume it's for the same reason.

Magic School Bus was memorable because of the edu-tainment aspect. The facts they taught were actually interesting, which made it more memorable in my opinion.

None of the characters are fuckable

We weren't poorfags who couldn't afford cable

Because Arthur is a great kids slice of life that covered a wide range of topics, had widepread appeal, and still holds up as well as being easily exploitable for memes and shit

Ms. Frizzle has a certain appeal

I had cable and I still watched this show.

While I do prefer shows like SpongeBob and Powerpuff Girls, I still enjoy the show.

Yet you guys talk about 2 cartoons that poorfags got to watch (Magic School Bus and Arthur)

Why does Sup Forums seem to dislike the shows I love?

I have seen people disliking Foster's, Puffy AmiYumi, CatDog, Jimmy Neutron, and Dragon Tales on here. It needs to stop! I love these shows and I hate that people are hating on these shows!

OP, why do you keep making threads like these.

Dragon Tales was total garbage and unacceptable to watch past the age of 5. Why do you put a show made for infants on par with shows made for adolescents?

I'd say if a show had 13 episodes AIR in the 90s, it's a 90s show, so that means Family Guy isn't one but SpongeBob is.

>not finding Cassie fuckable

Cat Dog was so forgettable I might as well have been drugged. I can't even describe the plot of ONE catdog episode.

Well, there was that one episode where Rancid Rabbit arrested everyone except Cat for not having a license.

Why do people call this show repetitive?

bump

Honestly, Classic Dragon Tales ended in 2002. When it got revived in 2005, it wasn't as good and the show pretty much overstayed its welcome. Enrique was a mediocre character. And this is coming from an adult who still really likes the show.

it's for fucking babies
grow up and watch family guy

Wheezie
Priscilla
Eunice
Polly Nimbus
Nigga, what show were YOU watching?

Family Guy is awful.

Want a show great for all adults, watch Invader ZIM.

You guys do know that this show was really popular in its heyday. It could compete with shows like Rugrats, CatDog, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and SpongeBob SquarePants. Plus the show was on PBS from 1999 to 2005 and it had a few years in reruns.

lol so randump

>It could compete
>was on PBS

Dream on barneyfag.

Also forgot to mention Arthur in the shows Dragon Tales could compete with in popularity back in the day.

Barney was a terrible show. Plus, you guys seem to like Magic School Bus and Arthur and they were on PBS, so technically, that would make you guys barneyfags.

>Priscilla
youtu.be/Lnbhd7JDZzw?t=12m51s

she's the most beautiful dragon with the most beautiful wings

People should not talk shit about shows I like!

I have seen people talk bad about shows like Foster's Home, Puffy AmiYumi, Jimmy Neutron, Dragon Tales, and CatDog. Don't say anything bad about those shows! How would you like it if I talked bad about your precious Ed, Edd n Eddy or Hey Arnold show?

I like those two shows, I was just trying to say something.

barney was kino

A lot of people watched PBS. I even know some 90s kids who watched both PBS and Nickelodeon.

It had purpose, it was educational while being interesting, the characters while mostly stereotypes of some kind were fun and likable for the most part, The Friz was a cool teacher, MOTHERFUCKING ARNOLD PERLSTEIN THE GREATEST JEW OF OUR TIME, decently animated, catchy.

It was all around a solid show with good for what they were meant for games.

Go ahead. I'm not a delusional pussy who can't take criticism over something dear to me.

What purpose did Dragon Tales have?

Sup Forums seems to hate the show, yet they don't explain in depth why they hate it.

bump

the pink dragon is kinda hot I guess

She was honestly my least favorite character of the main cast, besides useless waste of space Enrique. She could be kind of annoying. Honestly, my favorite character was Emmy.

You know she's a Lesbian right?

You do realize you're talking about a fucking PBS kids show?

Because you need to stop looking at shit with nostalgia goggles

What do you mean by that?

Go ahead, talk shit. I honestly don't give a shit

Like, who gives two shits about the show?

This is coming from someone who grew up watching it

A lot of things that we think of as "90s" lasted well into the early 2000s, up until 2004 or 2006 or so.

For instance there's the kino Malcolm in the Middle, which ran from the late 90s to 2006. Even in the 2005-2006 episodes, the characters still had spiked hair and played Pokemon yellow on their Game Boy Colors with Ska Punk on the soundtrack, as opposed to playing Nintendo DSes with emo on the soundtrack as one would expect.

Because he's probably autistic

Were you the one who made the top 3 thread earlier?

You're the first wave of the people who will. Most of the people on here were too old for it when it aired (or were up until this year or the last or so).

I remember only watching it begrudgingly while babysitting my sister because in the back of my mind I was attracted to Ord. Otherwise it held no appeal for me at 9-10ish.

Pretty sure most adults would fail a quiz based on most MSB episodes.

Curious OP, how old are you?

I ask because it kinda relates to

The first wave of people probably happened in 2012 when people born in 1994 came onto the site. Keep in mind that they were 5 when it came out in 1999.

19 years old. I was born in December 1997.

For me, Dragon Tales was most memorable when they had morals. When they boggled down and tried to teach some small thing like shapes or differences, it was really boring and dumb. I appreciate the little amount of world building they did to teach some lesson, and the fact that the revisit it for more Aesop type episodes but often times they could get dull, so I can see when people hate it.

As for Magic School Bus, I don't remember much from the show, but I enjoyed the interactive Games a whole Lot. The only thing I remember from the show was freaking out when Arnold almost killed him self.

There was an old image that sums up the show... When do we start tripping?

> attracted to Ord

This really shouldn't surprise me anymore
But it never fails to disgust

Alright that's probably why. Even though I'm about a year older and simply don't give a shit about the show, we're now at the time where people born in the mid 90s act nostalgic over this stuff.

Yes, time is linear. It keeps on slipping, and into the future.

Really makes you think.

IT HAS FUCKING DRAGONS

Well, "attraction" for me is indelibly mixed in with "admiration" for me and always seems to hone in on the big, bulky, sweetly-demeanored characters. So you can at least pull your head out of the toilet, it's quick-swallow mini-vomit worthy at best.

I think once you get into your early 20s you kind of forget that a year is a huge difference for young kids, until you hit your quarter life crisis and reflect on how fast time is slipping away.

Jakiro in the back.

two headed blowjobs are always good

TWO HEADED BLOWJOB

>there is not only one but several pictures of the two headed twins giving blowjobs online
>mfw

This

> watch that episode talking about plant glucose as a kid
>they tasted it and said it was sweet
>some time later I take the top of a sunflower off and see white stuff coming out the top
>I lick it thinking it'd taste sweet because of the show
>It's bitter and I threw the whole thing on my roof
I was deceived

Malcolm in the Middle didn't even start until 2000