Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Stair
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the lower depths of moria dude

but it's a snowy mountain mate

Mountain on top of Khazad-dûm

Celebdil

right outside of Bilbo's house ironically enough

suposedly they fall to the depths of moria then find a stair and walk it up all the way till the highest point and then fall again
fucking stupid really

How did he get to the top of the mountain with the balrog if they fell into the depths of it?

two demigods locked into a battle to the death is gonna take a while and take you to some pretty strange places.

the peak of zirakzigil
there is a giant staircase from the depths of khazad dum to the peak of zirakzigil
gandalf chased the balrog all the way up them

there is literally a staircase in moria that went from the lowest depths to the highest peaks as gandalf describes

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Stair

More importantly where IS MY FUCKING PALANTIR TALION?

>supposedly he could chop down trees in a single blow and had a giant ox for a companion fucking stupid really
>supposedly he planted every apple tree in the country by walking around and dropping seeds fucking stupid really
>supposedly he drove every last snake out of Ireland by chasing them into the sea fucking stupid really
>supposedly he delivers presents to good boys and girls around the entire planet in a single night all by himself while getting pulled around by flying reindeer fucking stupid really

dwarves acomplished more than elves

>supposedly he was trying to argue against your point but he just reinforced it by posting more stupid shit

santa claus did all that?

>mfw niggas don't know that Gandalf and balrogs were the same race
more like the brains of men amirite

Everybody knows faggot, we've read the same wiki as you

why didn't he just blow the bridge and run away instead of facing the balrog

>be immortal wizard man fighting giant flaming darkness demon
>walking up stairs is dumb
Are you fucking retarded?

one race, the maiar race

fighting and walking and endless stairs that go from the depths of the earth to the highest point is fucking stupid sorry

Zirakzigil

because he felt a responsibility to end it

Actually orcs and goblins are the same.

The eagles.

The thought of the Balrog running up a flight of stairs is amusing for some reason.

>legendary figures and tall tales are stupid shit
How young are you? There is no way your life is bad enough to warrant this much humorless cynicism. Where is your sense of whimsy?

In Lower Earth

>a dark pit with water at the bottom is suddenly an open mountain range with light

I never got that.

balrog being demonic fire figure is a invention of Jackson
here is his correct representation drawn by Hildebrandts in 70s

>inside the mines of moria
>fall down a massive abyss
>fall forever and ever
>???
>wind up at the top of a snowy mountain among the clouds

He's a big guy

a grihpon?

Grishnak (the orcs on the left) and Gorbag (the one on the left) are the same race. They are both orcs albeit one is from Isengard and the other from Mordor.

of course, elves were just mary sue forest niggers with gangbanger mentality as evidenced in silmarillion

Underrated. Holy Shit.

Compensating.

orcs goblins urukhais, orcmans... jackson didn't know what the fuck was doing
those two look like halfhumans

Apu pls off yourself

Does anyone have more pre-jackson, pulp fantasy LOTR art?

Not it's not. Don't samefag please.

>upposedly he planted every apple tree in the country by walking around and dropping seeds fucking stupid really
who are we talking about

Orcs and Uruk-hai aren't though.

like this?

Johnny Appleseed, dum dum.

Yeah

I would dare to say that I like what Jackson did with the balrog, what was its name again?

Ted Nasmith did many great drawings.

Dont know about you guys...But I'd shit my pants and run like the fucking wind if that thing popped up whilst strolling along

That's because you're a measly human, whereas Gandalf is basically an archangel.

What was the underworld where gandalf fell into, called?
I've heard it's like... a whole crazy story abound gandalf being down there.

+

Are the Lotr the last great films of our western civilization before liberals and islam took over?

There is supposed to be unknown horrors as old as age itself down there.

Who is your fav?

I like how they Always cherry pick attractive white people when we all know there are some ugly white people too

yes but most if not aall abos look like fucking bridge trolls

who still look nothing like abos

>tfw I rewatched the entire trilogy after playing shadow of war

Gonna have to go with Howe

he fought balrog all the way from moria to the top of silvertine where he died and got resurrected by the gods for doing such a good job

“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.
And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”

Beautiful

Was it good? I played Shadow of Mordor for a bit before I stopped for some reason, even though I really liked it.

At the highest peak at the lowest mountain. Did you even fucking listen?

gandalf had to go get his sword back

>Elves have eternal life
>Dwarves have autistically large staircases

that was always the angle of mortal life: their motality made them work harder and quicker, whereas elves were content to hone their craft in patience. They considered themselves apart from everything in the world because everything died. They watched living things grow and die, rather than strove for accomplishment. Mostly.
Elves did a lot of shit in the silmarillion. Lotr is set in the ending age of elves, thats why they're leaving and why most mortals beheld the elves with such awe and wonder: there werent a lot of them around in the world.

Middle Earth was flat at the beginning. Eru made it spherical, but empty inside. They went so deep they come to the other side.

it'

suck a fart out of my asshole fucking tab button

it's a pretty good game, though if you love the lore you may get triggered.

Durin's Bane

He's another pre-Jackson depiction.

>first thing Talion does after Celembrimbor leaves him is grabbing the fucking Palantír

How spiteful

the only mortals in middle earth are men

thanks! sweet stuff

i love these guys
and i love jackson for getting them on board

Not really, it's described in Tolkiens work that many who faced Balrogs referred to them as monsters "consisting purely of shadow and flame", and Tolkien described them as "constantly burning".

As usual he left exact details up for interpretation. Personally I prefer the movie rendition.

How strong is a balrog anyway? Could Superman beat one?

Smodering ash

love this shit

probably

They are magical beings so who knows. Disregarding magic shenanigans though they're hardly physically powerful enough to even bother Superman. Not exactly Doomsday material.

Oh ok that gives me some perspective.

superman is weak to magic so no

Absolute Lito.

Are you telling me that thing does not look like a "demonic fire figure"?

Jesus fucking Christ you goddamn retard superman isn't weak to magic he's just affected by it as any other thing is.

wrong, superman is weak to magic because magic has similar wavelengths as kryptonite
in fact he's weaker to magic than humans since all humans are related to the homo magi

Come on, there's ugly as fuckpeople everywhere. Maybe you can't see them in your place because you're used to them.

i know, it was just bait, Hildebraindt's deptiction was met with "wtf were they smoking" reaction

The question is, was Gandalf really that powerful to kill the Balrog and surpass Saruman?

Why he didn't just solo the entire Sauron army if he can defeat suck incredibly powerful being?

>Film faggots haven't read the book
Pretty sure he says in the movie even that they battled through the darkest dungeon and the highest peak. This was the same mountain Moria was built into. In the books the Balrog actually assists Gandalf by saving him from even worse creations in the darkest parts of moria.

Unintentionally.

On another plane of existence. kinda like Asgard, Midgard, jotunheim, etc.

they fell so far that they left the realm of Middle-Earth (Midgard) and fell into the Bowels (Hel)

that's why in this new realm they're on the top of the tallest mountain.

Gandalf is actually of the same kind as the Balrog. He is a Maia, as are the Balrogs and Sauron.