What went wrong?

What went wrong?

is it too gay to function?

First volume was good, second was shit but tumblr ate it up so now it's all shit flavored.

didn't that girl recently slept with some dude?

Gillen happened.

Also people kept dick riding Billy.

You mean the REAL Hawkeye and not that lam-o male Hawkeye! The one true Hawkeye?

Allan Heinberg took fucking forever to finish his story, killing the momentum of the book.
His successor decided the main appeal of the series was apparently "hey look, the gays!" and not the thick ass continuity.
Kate Bishop got written into Hawkguy as 'the better Hawkeye' making her completely irredeemable.
Stature died and took ages to come back.
Patriot disappeared completely forever.
Everything about Iron Lad/Kid Vision has apparently been completely forgotten.
Hulkling got downgraded to Wiccan's love interest, despite being the son of Captain Marvel and Emperor of the Skrulls.

first volume was goat and it is a good example of how make legacy heroes without feeling them forced, the children crusade was a dum atempt to fix bendis crap but it was acceptable, the it comes second volume witch suck dicks

childrens crusade got fucked cause AvX

The fuck are you taking about?

You talking about the one with Kids Loki and America?
Yeah it was shit.

It worked as a Kid Loki sequel.

>Stature died and took ages to come back.
She came back?

She slept with second worst Captain Marvel.

yup in spencer's ant man problaby one of his less cancerous book

this guy gets it
at first it was the right amount of gay: interesting gay characters without exploiting their homosexuality
then the entire book became about who was butt-fucking who and it stopped being interesting
and they wrote off patriot who was one of the most interesting characters

....Phyla?

Freddie Freeman?

This is pretty much everything that went wrong.
I'm not sure it can ever be redeemed

>Gillen happened.
I actually think that it's McKelvie's fault, Gillen doesn't seem as much of a faggot when he works with other artists.

Noh-Varr

Carol

>McKelvie and the three facial expressions
>features broken neck pose

Damn I remember how hype Sup Forums was for that book, after Gillen's JiM. That was probably right as Marvel became the shitty pandering version of what it is now. That book was the harbinger.

Nah Gillen is a pretty unbearable cunt too.

IDK I dug it.

I always wondered if Children's Crusade was delayed so long because Heinberg never had time to write it (having an actual writing job that pays real money, unlike comics) or because Marvel wouldn't bring Scarlet Witch and Scott Lang back yet. Maybe both.\

Because Children's Crusade was expanded from a 6-issue Young Avengers arc to a 9-issue LS, it wound up making Billy the center of the cast more than he was supposed to be. Then Gillen ran with that and made it even more Billy-centric. If you read the original 12 issues though, Billy isn't any more important than Eli or Kate or Teddy, even though he's clearly the author's self-insert.

Originally Heinberg didn't even think they'd let him have a gay character so he was going to make Teddy a shapeshifter of no particular gender. Even after they changed that it took like a year to say that Billy and Teddy were gay. A lot has changed in a pretty short time.

Gillen and Makelvie.

Doctor Doom killed her in children crusade later in Axis Dr Doom resurected her.

Heinberg was smart to kill off the character he didn't create. (Also Kid Vision, but nobody cared about him.) If he'd killed one of his OCs they'd still be dead.

Children's Crusade got fucked because Marvel was planning AvX and thought that Children's Crusade might mess it up. Also Cheung became Marvel's go to artist. I remember delays announced the week of.

Man, I fucking loved the first volume of Young Avengers. One of the comics I can go back and read no problem. That second volume, though...jeez
It really bums me out that Marvel had all these legacy heroes done right ready-made for them to use and instead we got shit like Miles

I'm still mad Ironlad is forgotten.

Wait for some writer to bust out Kang Kong.

He was in Hickman's Avenger's run. He was in the future with the other Kang's telling Steve to not interfere with the Illuminati.

Don't even get me started on Eli Bradley.

This

Really wish they'd done more with this guy, his issue was the only tolerable part of Gillens run.

Hopefully the Royals comic doesn't ruin sexy space cockroach boy Noh-Varr.

The funny thing is that Fox movie Quicksilver resembles this guy more than he resembles Quicksilver.