BATWOMAN’S NEW COMIC WILL TAKE HER TO 'A GORGEOUS HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY'

Preview

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/24/punisher-no-longer-toured-vietnam/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't wait for Unsolicited Opinions on Israel DC edition

End of preview

so is this whole issue just going to be entirely taking parts straight out of ruka's origin story?

like i don't think it's bad to recap but some of these panels and dialogue is literally just copy/pasting greg ruka's work from Elegy.

We already have DC Bombshells for that.

How bad is it?
How bad does it get?

I don't remember any unsolicited opinions on Isreal when I read Batwoman.

Epting is too good an artist to be paired with Bennett of all writers.

I wonder if they are going to finally get the chronology and Kane-Wayne connection properly written down in this

The preview for the #1 looks okay. Not amazing but nothing offensive about it yet.

The thread and storytime will get shitposted to death regardless, tho.

> broke my jaw, i was going to do you better but now i can't
> she got kicked out for sticking her fingers in the cookie jarhead
MY SIDES

Eh if it's the origin expect repeats.
I mean how many times has green arrows flashback or retell him going to the island.

Batman has reminded and reshown his parents being shot so much the like that is dead Wayne's is practically triple digit

No point in fixing what's not broken right

Thanks OP.

I've heard it's basically gurl power, queerfaggotry, and cheesecake.

I feel bad for when InjusticeAnon does Bombshells later this week

It's Bennett user

People have sat through worse for good cheesecake.
Hell I'm pretty sure that's the slogan for Lady Death comics.

>Bennett
>Tynion IV
it's nice of them to give a nice loud warning to steer clear of this book

Yeah The Wayne's getting shot in the alley is probably the most on panel retold origin in existence but the stories usually hold it up pretty well so I'm fine with reusing origins as long as what I'm reading isn't shit

And by queerfaggotry, I mean every girl is a dyke.

>tumblr cut
Off to a great start.

she's a lesbian, it's allowed

Ironically a comic with a Jewish main character with military background is probably one of the better places in the genre to discuss Israel.

The end

So she got kicked out of West Point? I thought she was supposed to be some super military badass

No she got outed as a dyke so got kicked out

DADT was still in effect when she was in the academy

Yeah, but i agree. If its a preview....then it should show something BEFORE we see it....if its just showing what weve already seen...isnt that a REVIEW?

lol

Yeah, they have to keep moving the time period back and ageing her up. It made sense back in Elegy, but so much has changed since 2009

It's already been about five years since DADT was repealed. DADT was shit and it's a legitimate issue to deal with, but at what point do you figure that they won't be able to reasonably have it as the cause for Kate's expulsion? And what would it be replaced with?

>BATWOMAN’S NEW COMIC WILL TAKE HER TO 'A GORGEOUS HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY'

oh god she's going to start browsing Sup Forums?

>meme hair

I'm out

I mean Punisher is still a Vietnam vet

Woah, Batwoman is ripped.

So this seems perfectly servicable so far but I fully expect cross boarders and other normies who don't read comics to feign outrage over Kate's gayness all to start shit. And what's worse is enough retards will take the bait and derail the thread

i mean i don't see a reason it needs to be replaced. she was created when DADT was still in effect and the military is years ago in her backstory, so it isn't a stretch to just keep it there.

bleedingcool.com/2016/12/24/punisher-no-longer-toured-vietnam/ Still Canon.

Doesn't the military have strict laws about infidelity and stuff? Maybe she will end up fucking a superior, and getting a court martial out of it

>last panel

>It's a "Batman gets triggered by guns" episode

seems like a pretty easy change to just make the chick she bangs at West Point an instructor

I could have sworn they did something like that at the start of the New 52, but it's been a while since I read it

Only if you are married. Is Kate married?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed in Sep 2011, so I wonder how long they will be able to use this part of Kate's backstory?

read the thread

I think the book is probably gonna be mediocre and boring at worst, going by the preview and Tec issues. But yeah, it's gonna trigger the fuck out of people regardless.

>feign outrage over Kate's gayness
I would really hope, after 2 fairly popular solo runs, that we're past that point

but I also know that you're probably right

Are the people in this yacht party really the ones who will be whispering hateful gossip about a millionaire libertine, since they all are that sort of people?

Until the next Crisis-type event occurs ~20 years from now.

millionaire libertines can be pretty catty about each other

Every female character at DC is getting that haircut, even Killer Frost retroactively.

Yeah I'm sure none of the complaints will be legitimate and I'm sure Bennett wont be heavy handed at all

The legit complaints will be drowned out by an avalanche of shitposts and sperging by people looking to get triggered, tho.

As long as Kate doesn't get raped by a vampire, I will give it a chance.

On the other hand, Harvey Dent is best boy.

Dumb Ivyfag

So boring Maggie is gone. Superior OPT when