ITT we post our favourite pleb filter films

ITT we post our favourite pleb filter films

Pic VERY related: anyone who unironically likes the second part more than the first is a confirmed patrician.

I like them
Both

I thought the whole liking the first part but disliking the second part was a meme. Do people actually say this?

I fully believe and stand by it.

i dont think it's that people dislike the second part, it's that the first half is just so iconic and memorable that it totally overshadows the second part for most people.

Only plebs would divide a movie into two parts for cheap comparison and "filter" purposes rather than see the whole thing as and its shifts in tone as an integral part of telling a complete story.

One of the best films of all time literally ends with the line "and then I woke up". Pure genius.

Nah, I've heard many a time people say the second half is "boring"

Oh, it's a pleb filter alright. It does a wonderful job at showing who is a patrician that can understand kino and a pleb that thinks because other people didn't like something that it means it's 'kino'. I've never met a single person that doesn't know what kino even means that hates Full Metal Jacket.

When he says "I love you," it absolutely rips my heart out.

you need to work on your sentence structure you spaz

The second part is top 3 vietnam war kino for me.

Ultimate Plot babby filter

Man, The Deer Hunter is on the list of "Films men are allowed to cry watching" The wedding is a feels generator too.

Most people love The Deer Hunter And rightfully so.
You have the right director but the wrong film for this thread. Pic related is, truly I say to you, the ultimate Pleb filter

If someone asked me to describe the second half of this movie I would never, ever be able to do it without watching it again. I have zero, absolutely zero memory of the second half except for the "Me so horny" part. I could recite line by line the first half.

I should rewatch that one (Clockwork Orange too, though I loved that) but I don't remember liking it as much as I do most other Kubrick films. A lot of really memorable moments and scenes but it didn't really come together for me into a clear philosophical point the way his other stuff (aside from The Shining which is pure entertainment) does. Paths of Glory for instance depicts the dehumanizing effects of war more concisely and impactfully imo, even if it doesn't go into the actual indoctrination process or the sexual aspects, and is missing the wonderful ironic sensibility permeating most of his later movies (including FMJ.) It also benefits from being filmed on location.

I plan to rewatch FMJ soon though, maybe I'll get more out of it this time. I am certainly less of a pleb than I used to be

>Kris Kristofferson
He ruined Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (an otherwise excellent movie) for me with his dopey guileless performance, just made the character seem like a complete psycho that everyone still likes for some reason. it was weird. Is he a better fit in this one?

good post

Anyone who says Fury Road is better is a pleb of the highest order

pic related should fit that criteria as well, this movie made me sob

fun

plebs seem to do

This is a known fact. The Road Warrior is the best post-apocalyptic film ever made other than The Rover

This. Road Warrior is fucking amazing

Goddammit who would say such a thing?
>I'm about to watch only the 2nd part to spite them.

>Lord Humungous standalone when?

Literally one of Chan Park Woos worst films

This

Not my all time favourite, but years of drug abuse has left me with an unreliable memory so this is the only one I can remember rn

fucking this

>someone lists their favorite tarantino films and leaves out jackie brown
always works

>Ultimate Pot babby tier

Fury Road is leagues better than anything before it.

You dont remember the Animal Mother vs Joker part or the Soul Brother too big part? Or the machine gunner in the helicopter? Sorry but you didnt get through the pleb filter, Pleb.

HEY BABY

YOU GOT GIRLFRIEND VIETNAM?

Fury Road is objectively better in the year 2017, I'm sorry user

Honestly it's Fight Club, specifically why someone likes it or why someone hates it

>youre a pleb if you like it
>youre a pleb if you don't like it

depending on reasoning, yes. 16 year olds who want to start fight club;s and be like tyler durden are plebs. People who hate the film for just being about my soggy knees and dumb violence are also plebs. There are legit arguments for not liking it and legit arguments for liking it.