W..h..y w..a...s t..h..e p..a..c..e i..n.. B..l..a..d..e R..u..n..n..e..r 2..0..4..9 s..o f..u..c..k..i..n..g s..l...o...

W..h..y w..a...s t..h..e p..a..c..e i..n.. B..l..a..d..e R..u..n..n..e..r 2..0..4..9 s..o f..u..c..k..i..n..g s..l...o....w?

My God what a pretentious dack of garbage that movie was. 2:43 on a "story" that could be told in 45 min. Garbage

(You)

Blade Runner 2049 had no point from beginning to end. In the original. you could find 10 different major philisophical points the film had, about the relationship between god and man, mortality, what makes a person real, what does it mean to truly live.. and there are many more.
This film doesnt have any point... at all. The original had like 10 philisophical points you could write books on. This film does not have a single one. Not one. Its sort of mind blowing that they can get away with it.... I feel offended that they can just slap the Blade Runner name on it and have it have nothing to do with the heart of the original.... like if theyd made a new Star Wars film where they didnt mention or have the force. The whole heart and reason for existing is just not there.

Glossy...also contrived, bleak and without charm, almost devoid of ideas and not confident in the few it does play around with, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. My biggest gripe, however, is that it leaves the existentialism of the first in favor of an essentialist outlook which is completely uninteresting and oddly dated in a time when A.I. is a very hot topic. The political dimension of the story is force-fed to us and then left in the dust.

Lifeless. That’s the word I’m looking for.

Go to Bed, Ridley

Sup Forums somehow gets worse taste every day.

BR's key point is that replicants are humans. We're all the same because we have experiences and memories. It's a cute sci-fi concept.

BR2049 expands on that though. It asks, "so if robots and humans are the same, how do we elevate our humanity? what truly makes us a real human?" And the answer is sacrifice.

Wallace is a "bad" human. He's sitting at home, not fighting for a cause. He's very inhumane, made of robot parts, etc.

K is a true human. Even if a replicant, he dies fighting for a cause.

Its only 2:30 without the credits my guy
are you saying Joi's love was real

t. philistine

I did not feel bored for a single second when I was watching it.
But the scene with replicant army coming from the shadow made me scream inside. What the fuck were they thinking?

>This film doesnt have any point... at all
Have you even considered that K might be a replicant?

>muh attention span

It was 2:43 in Norway. Without credits.

Some of my favorite movies have just as long and longer run times. Lawrence of Arabia, Magnolia, The Good the bad and the ugly, Amadeus.

This movie was dragged out for the sake of it, not because there was a story to tell.

Slow pacing can be used effectively. The original Blade Runner is an example of a film with good pacing that never felt like it was creeping at a snail's pace. BR2049 was slow for the sake of it. The plot is so paper-thin that they pretty much had to shoot/edit it that way to extend the run time.

Just sounds like noir's arent for you then.

Stick to quipshit, kiddo.

yup this is true
i compalined about this and you fags said fuck off and 2deep4u

its just so bad at pacing, pacing of original actually mattered

Third act was awful

Next time better take your Adderall before the movie kid.

>This movie was dragged out for the sake of it, not because there was a story to tell.
Go to bed Bob.
There's something to be said for giving you time to revel in the world. It could have been edited down and still been effective, but its those long scenes of nothing happening that I remember from the movie. Like you said, there's not so much going on with the plot, so the characters and setting drive the movie.
Of all the movies with obnoxious bloated runtimes, 2049 just isn't the one I'm upset by.

>tfw no 4 hours version with the cringy replicants scene removed

Poor stupid motherfucker. To actually post this in a public forum.