So, I just viewed this for the first time finally and jesus fuck....talk about underwhelming...

So, I just viewed this for the first time finally and jesus fuck....talk about underwhelming, I knew literally everything that was going to happen five steps before it did, even the most cliche gun toting action flicks have better immersion than this....this literally felt like Iron Man: Reskinned, only not as good since you know, the original Iron Man was good because it was ORIGINAL, not a watered down tired formula like we have at this point

The villain was stock, the support characters were stock, the hero was stock, the only thing impressive was some of the visuals but that isn't why I watch a movie, even a fucking CGI laden blockbuster needs to try harder than that to entertain, and furthermore I gotta say the MCU seems to have a real talent at making amazing powers seem marginalized , generic, and unimpressive.....the only recent film I can think of that made me think "wow those are some cool powers" was Ant-Man, and that film suffered from some of the other things I'm talking about anyway

So what the fuck? Will Marvel ever take a chance and deliver something really good or are they just gonna ride the wave of dicksucking that's currently going on, which by the way, won't last?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5epVDd9h0
youtube.com/watch?v=wIMy6vI_hGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No one's gonna read all that shit

Brevity is the soul of wit

Well you're a fuckin' nitwit, pal

To be fair strange in the comics is basically magic doctor iron man. A rich asshole who was hurt and humbled

I agree but ant man was very lackluster and shitty aswell

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5epVDd9h0

I can't believe the Warcraft Movie did Magic better

good luck ever reading a comic m8

He really, really isn't. Tony Stark in the comics isnt humbled, Doctor Strange in the comic was but is also just kind of "out there" in that he (at least used to) talks about crazy space shit all the time when people dont understand.

kek thats true

>To be fair strange in the comics is basically magic doctor iron man.

Not at all, he is pretty wise and nice to work with if you are not an asshole.

And even when he was on his ''ashole'' mode before getting his powers, he was more pretentious than witty douchey

''Mustache bros'' Strange, maybe but that's really recent so it would fit the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=wIMy6vI_hGI

The amulet can fix everything

Funny, I just watched it for the first time and enjoyed it. Found the considerably frank talk of death refreshing for an action movie about spirituality and mumbo jumbo. Liked that the protag didn't get with the girl or fix his hands. Liked that the villains were only staved off through trickery instead of killed. Liked the visuals, but you mentioned that.

So yeah, dunno what you're on about OP.

Yeah I wasn't that keen on it, like you said the story was boring and pretty cliched, but also I though the magic sucked. In this movie magic basically does only 3 or 4 things ever, it feels more like a gameplay mechanic than an ancient almost art of limitless possibilities. You can teleport, go astral, make glowing energy bullshit and fold space. Also turn back time if you get the amulet inventory item. Boring.

i enjoyed the movie

Is the mirror dimension in the comics? Because it just felt like an asspull so they could have their city bending magic spectacle shit but never have to worry about civilians getting hurt.

I wish it wasn't a yet another origin story.
Wish we got an experienced, old Doctor out of the gate with his origins being a flashback.
>but muh character growth
Well, get fucking creative with it instead of another "this asshole becomes a hero you know and love"

they have very many dimensions in the comics, what is one more?

It should have been a netflix series imo

Dr Strange and cosmic level silliness is a hard sell in movie format

I'mm not complaining about extra dimensions, I'm complaining about the MCU's desire to have its cake and eat it too. They wan't to deform and destroy city skylines while also being "fun" and having no one really get hurt. Same thing with the climax of the movie where they turn back time.

Is that even possible given budget limitations?

Disney can afford it and make it up with merch sales

i dont know, people screaming and pointing at every little spectacle is gonna get really thin really quickly

its like those shows where magic has to be a secret, its gonna become the entire plot and that just gets tiring

Only one written by Bendis would have bubbles with this many words in them.

I am utterly amazed that OP thinks we're gonna forget copypasta just because it's been a couple months.

Nice trips, not pasta though retarded mouse kid

>Brevity is wit
ftfy

I was disappointed as well.

To be fair, my hype was unreal. All the talk about how this would be the most "experimental", "odd", "original" movie ever. Comparisons with Paprika and Pi and what not.

It ended up being a very by-the-book superhero movie. Honestly, "Ant Man" was more original than "Dr. Strange".

This is likely the most generic, least insightful or relevant series of complaints I have ever read. You can Mad Libs in practically any action movie that has ever existed.

just like every other mcu movie

>All the talk about how this would be the most "experimental", "odd", "original" movie ever. Comparisons with Paprika and Pi and what not.

I'm glad I missed out on people saying that.

I went into it pretty much blind aside from the first trailer and pretty much got what I expected.

It was totally worth the free pass (that included a large pop and popcorn) that I paid to see it.

TOTALLY. And you can never make me say otherwise.

I am so happy to have paid ZIP, NADA towards the bottom line of this very fine film.

Waste of time

I want my money back

ITT: DCEU is shitting the bed so let's take a few wacks at the latest MCU PiƱata to make ourselves feel better.

Stick to the classics, OP.

It's actually bad

Even Suicide Squad is much much better than this schlock

>mfw that's true

Why wouldn't it? Magic is pretty much essential for Warcraft.

Sure it was.

>RT
Now post Chris Evans laughing, please.

And for Doctor Strange too, user. Shit, it was about magic much before personal computers existed.

>magic is retarded wOooOOOah CGI shit reminiscent of some 70s wallpaper or just straight up aping Inception
>Doctor Strange is basically just Iron Man, arrogant but a 'genius'
>dude multiple dimensions, one is EVIL and the other allows us to get over the whole 'we destroy everything' plot hole everyone keeps bringing up
>yet another dumb mentor death in a MCU flick
>aladdin-style carpet cape like this was some sort of kid's film
>beats the big bad with a quip
>LOL BEYONCE
>random set up for the next movie
how anyone derives enjoyment from these films is beyond me

ITT:

You forgot
>Western rich man suffers a tragedy that leads him to go to the East and learn its wisdom; uses those skills he has learned to fight evil, assisted by his servant

It had nice visuals and Mads was funny as magic ninja. But Cumbersnatch wasn't interesting or charismatic enough to carry the role for me, and the humor was often awkward.

Why can't Marvel just take Cape Movies seriously?

I hate that Flash costume.

But they did. Remember the airport fight in CW.

Pffffttttttt!!!! You mean that dragstrip brawl? Only real cape movie fights happen in Warehouses or at Night.

>CGI Warehouses or at CGI Night.
Fixed. We have to show we have budget, after all.

kek

the fuck are you doing OP?!

you can't say you didn't like an MCU movie on Sup Forums! you have to go to Sup Forums for that kind of thing

>the original Iron Man was good because it was ORIGINAL

stopped reading there

>OP says, "I didn't like this DC movie because this and that"
>anons say why they liked it or not
>OP says, "I didn't like this MCU movie because this and that"
>some user goes LOLOLOLOL BUTTHURT DKEK LOOK AT THOSE SALES AND RT RATINGS MAHVEL REIGNS SUPREME
This doesn't say much in favor of MCU movies, if you ask me.

>DKEK
Even mods are tired of Evanposter.

> w-we're winning right?

>macros
See? The MCU "fan" reduces the debate to a sports fans conversation.
>my team is the best!
>why?
>BECAUSE FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY

> They're the crazy radicals! Not us!

Okay.

Heh, there's going to be a lot of threads like this all through the Spring, faggots like the OP shitting on perfectly decent films as the nervous leadup to the make-or-break installments of the Director's Cut Extended Universe gets closer.

I wish I could give you a hug and tell you that they are going to stop letting Snyder's wife play with the DC superheroes, and that you'll find that perfect girl, have some kids, and be able to take them to DC Universe movies that aren't pathetic hot garbage.

I feel your pain, little buckaroo.

I wasn't overwhelmed by how bad or mediocre it was, nor was I overwhelmed by how good it was. It was just pretty good flick. I was whelmed.

Duh. No one watches hero movies for the plot, they watch it for the action.

Just you wait, the 7 hour long ultimate Snyderverse cut of Justice League will prove all the haters wrong.

In thirty years people will look back on it as a masterpiece.

Yeah, people who look like pic related.

My greatest complaint is that his being a surgeon didnt matter in him being Sorcerer Supreme.

I kind of wanted his steady hand to matter in the climax but towards the middle everything about his previous job and his thing about his hands were kind of put aside for magic

The only problem for me was the time
Strange could have been training in the same period that Tony turned Iron Man

If it affected the real world people would complain that the Avengers aren't showing up

dude ur so far beyond us bro or maybe it's just the autism

you know I didn't like bvs or mos but I don't insult the intelligence of people who did enjoy them by acting like their mindset is utterly alien

>you can't say you didn't like an MCU movie on Sup Forums

How new are you? You're mixing up MCU with DCEU and Snyder

if iron man was only good because it was "original" (which it wasn't) than it wasn't very good.

I agree. Seeing his journey of breaking down before finding the temple would have sold us on the character more. An episode or two of him roaming around while mordo watches from the shadows would have made what was a 30 minute mostly transitionary segment much more impactful.

Iron Man was good because of RDJ.

As someone who will battle about BvS being good and Batfleck being the only good batman we've had that's not what this thread is at all.

I personally think strange was top 5 MCU movies. The "formula" talk really means nothing to me. All stories follow a formula.

This is most likely a thread from a Marvel comic cynic who thinks because they ruined Thor all of the movies are bad.

I paid to see strange twice in theaters. I left Skwad early from a free viewing. I can't imagine someone actually believing this.

It wasn't that interesting to be honest. The visuals are pretty cool to look if you're high, but I didn't really feel Strange himself and the cape humor shit was stupid. Mads's talents as an actor was criminally underused as well.

It was an alright popcorn movie with some flashy effects, but not as enjoyable as most of the other solo MCU movies. I'd put it above Thor and Hulk, below the rest.