Daredevil Storytime (Part 6)

Welcome back Anons! My Internet has been crap for a few days, so today's been a bit late. Let's see what happens now that White Tiger died, and will it be brought up at all?

>White Tiger isn't even mentioned in the recap page

Guess not!

Someone impersonated you last night

>

Did it really take until BENDIS for someone to pair Matt with a blind woman?

Same person also impersonated JSA-user tonight as well

That was not JSA user. Really.

What's another dead Puerto Rican in New York?

Which, by the way, may be the reason why Queseda did that pressuring about killing off the character that got posted about in the other thread- Queseda's Latino, White Tiger's Latino, George Perez is Latino. Solidarity within his own minority group that doesn't extend to say, all the X-characters he let get slaughtered like weeds.

Oh god, is that an ugly piecing in the middle panel, or a damn wart?

The thread was not started by JSA-user, but they apparently continued it. If it was not them for the entire time, then the impostor has great acting

I guess I know I'm in the bigtime now.

The only things on this ENTIRE page that look drawn are the faces and the blue jacket.

Pairing Blinds and Blinds isn't as natural as pairing the deaf, because deaf people are their own subculture that doesn't include Hawkeye

>then the impostor has great acting
Damn it was a decent thread.

No Matt, she's carrying around the cane to smack people with, what do you think?

Devil Man, Devil Man, does whatever a Satan Can.
Swings a club, like a whip, saves that chick from a dip.

Aw man, they don't even put an effort into pretending. Was the guy who pretended to be around House of M that obvious?

At least JSAnon has a few things you can imitate, her like vaguely alcoholic tendencies and love of opera.

I guess you can't whine about The Living Weapon in Daredevil.

Yeah Matt, what are you, blind?

The first couple of posts, the ones about guzzling cum, were made from the imposter, then the usual JSAnon apparently showed up and continued. If it was the impostor the entire time, then they have JSAnon's voice down perfectly.

Sorry for derailing PM-IF, your impostor last night got to page 5 before bailing

>Why are you wearing a mask?

So did Stilt-Man always look like Bendis?

I'm pretty sure cutting on the X-Men line was an explicit goal of his when he came to power.

So is Bendis the one who made The Owl so freakish, or did someone else do it first?

Thank god I'm not the only one who sees this. Oddly enough, I think this was pre-fat Bendis. I think.

No, Stilt-Man, but he is in a different universe.

That reminds me, was Matt ACTUALLY the Kingpin in Spider-Gwen, or did he just work for him?

>"I'd rather be the new Rocket Raccoon."

In a surprise twist, this was a few years before Annihilation Conquest brought Rocket back from obscurity.

God damn, my network is slow today. I was gonna do the full five issues, I may cut back to three issues.

Probably not. Although I imagine that to Bendis everyone looks like Bendis, the solipsistic toad.

>I'm pretty sure cutting on the X-Men line was an explicit goal of his when he came to power.

This seems true. He did certainly try to run it into the ground, and undermine the very premise by setting a hard limit of a couple hundred mutants.

Also, Matt should have taken this chance to incorporate the Stilt-Man armour into his costume. Stilt-Devil would be UNSTOPPABLE.

On the second panel, we see Matt apparently interrogating prostitutes.

I have an issue from the early 90s were he's practically Judge Doom levels of bugeyed.

Holy fuck, look at the size of his head! This is some 90's Wolverine size hair!

>Probably not. Although I imagine that to Bendis everyone looks like Bendis, the solipsistic toad.

Just wait until you see Kingpin next.

What the hell is that guy on the fourth panel doing?

He was always pretty freakish. Dude can turn his head 180 degrees and operate both his eyes independently, if that's not just plain off-putting I don't know what is.

>"I don't even know how he knew I had a lighter."

Well apparently everyone thinks I have a lighter in the city, so it's probably just a reasonable assumption.

I'm not loving this art, but it is producing some goofy expressions.

Ah, so he pulled a Joker in the Dark Knight.

Seriously, I can't stop looking at Owl's hair. How does he get through doors like this?

someone had to before right? I mean he was gonna be Apocalypse for a minute there

fuck the Owl though I hate him so much

Well, really, how else are you going to know he's all hoot hoot.

When I mean "freakish", I mean comparable to what he did with Purple Man in Alias.

You know, with pages like this one.

Yeah... like this would be fine with Sienkiewicz because he stylizes everything, but Maleev's art is more down to earth so this just looks goofy.

yeah there was definite concern about too many mutants being a problem, especially after Morrison's Mutant Subculture take.

it's a wrong and stupid concern but what ya gonna do

Pounding on the door?

My question is how is Matt squatting on thin air in panel 1. With this art style, there's no movement to the panel an it looks like he's just hovering in Slav mode.

I sometimes wonder if the artists do this on purpose, like how we found out post-mortem that Dillon did FrankFace on purpose.

While that's a common knowledge, I wonder how he would've been different from what Apoc's role ended up being.

Isn't destroying money technically a felony?

That's a big problem with this style, it's why I couldn't tell what he was doing. It looked like he just had his hand in the air and yelled.

The Owl had a hard time in the 80s, huh? Booted off Daredevil's archenemy slot because Frank Miller thought he was lame.
Set up in a completely incongruous anti-X-Factor role until Weezie saved the book.

At least a crime, yeah.

He was a pretty old school kind of villain, so nah. Honestly I think the Owl is one of those characters who's just fucking broken because you can't turn him into some scary mobster after being a very comic booky, very Silver Age kind of villain for so long, at least not in a truly convincing way. You're welcome to try of course, god knows I've tried it in my head more than once, but it sure as hell wouldn'y be easy.
Of course, you can take the Bendis approach and just disregard everything that came before, or you can replace him with a younger, edgier Owl but meh.

If it were this easy to uncover a superhero, Matt would've been discovered a LOT sooner than now.

Between this, that arc in Alias, and that whole thing during his X-Men run, Bendis REALLY liked the idea of MGH.

As much as I found Morrison's take to be pushing mutants to too high a population (and the Mutant Subculture thing just reeked of hipsterism to me), reducing it down to below statistical relevance was not a solution.

Well, in this case, I feel that it's more that Maleev is either tracing or photorefencing too closely, dipping everything into a kinda 'photography with Photoshop filters" look.

Given Marvel wants to be so "relatable", an entire mutant community is the kind of thing that would take a good writer to work with. I have the feeling that not enough writers could work with the concept, and it was being ignored, as opposed to getting a lot of people who actually DID things with it.

Frank's right tho.

well we got X-statix outta it

So either he's bullshitting, or they did a LOT of poor Mattie.

Because he likes drugs, and a drug that gives you superpowers would be even better?

A result of SOMEONE using it for good measure. Then we get people like Bendis.

Her bikini is getting smaller and smaller with every panel

Holy shit, Matt!

Clearly she's already taken the MGH and that's her power.

What do you THINK he means, dumbass?

That's probably her, nevermind, what said

>You want to go home and rethink your life

Man, good thing the cops were fast. Matt was clearly in a raping mood.

... I should probably stop watching Always Sunny, because for a second, The Owl looked like Danny DeVito.

So Owl is now literally using Kingpin's old men.

The balls on this guy, to think this'll actually work.

Man, even Matt can tell how dump this plan is, and he's not exactly a big "plan" guy

So this is three pages of Owl not saying a word and the lawyer going "Muh client".

That was six pages of nothing.

In case you need a reminder, this is the owner of the paper that outed Matt's identity, and refused a settlement when he guessed Matt was playing him.

It's a SD card, that grows larger as he picks it up

This story arc is all pages of nothing so far.

Nothing, and the failure to capitalize on the Stilt-Foggy, Attorney at Law.

Sadly, Jessica is still in this damn series.

Apparently this "Did Luke Cage ever return" is the only reference to that last arc with Hector we get. Luke probably wasn't happy with how it went.

>that last panel

Why does this artist keep putting warts on noses?

Is Milla yet another Angelina Jolie in a Bendis book?

And now, back to this.

You joke, but I'd probably read that. It'd at least be wacky.

It's Maleev's version of the Tumblr nose. But on all seriousness, artists have a tendency to stylize shit for the sake of it, speaking from experience here. These kind of quirks really don't make sense to anyone but the artist in question.

All I can gather is that he was killed here?

I can't tell, but that just means I haven't seen enough movies.

Huh, so DID get his head taken off. I genuinely couldn't tell.

>"Ripped off?"
>"Instead of cut off."

I guess we know where this is going.

Is she fucking singing?

And then Bendis decided to try going full Noir again.

Is this supposed to be the same girl as before, or does Maleev only know how to draw one kind of blonde in a shrinking bikini?

God damn it Matt, just because she can't see your creepy smile doesn't mean it's not weird!

I guess we know who killed her husband.

Man, I was just reminded of Born Again today, and Bendis' prose is pretty damn shit compared to Miller's.

"Do you eat food" hasn't really worked as a pick-up line whenever I tried it either.

I am 100% down with ANY usage of Stilt-Man beyond as a joke villain.

He's Iron Man, with extendo legs instead of rocket boots! That's a fucking great idea!

I like to think Foggy and Jessica were Scooby Doo Stacking over the door to listen in on the conversation the entire time.

Foggy is apparently salty as all hell.

"do you eat food" - BEEENNDIISSS

If this is going the way I think it might be, it should be fun.

I doubt it is though.
Y'know what you should do with a superhero's secret id and no compulsion to stay in the law? 'Help' them. Kill their enemies. Like that prosecutor in the White Tiger case? Kill him for Daredevil. Make things difficult for him by making them easy for him, dig?