This movie opened my eyes. I'm never eating at McDonald's again

This movie opened my eyes. I'm never eating at McDonald's again.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_supplement
youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

moderation faggot.

mods are asleep

>Go from a vegetarian diet to a fast food diet
>Eat said fast food every single day
>Do not exercise
>WHOAAAA I GAINED WEIGHT AND AM REALLY UNHEALTHY WHODA THUNK IT

This movie actually made me hungry for a big mac when I saw it

Sometimes I'll get McDonalds and watch it. It's a comfy movie when you don't believe the lies

He was simulating real life actual American diets, look at the hamplanets out there they don't cook they do what he did and eat fast food all the time.

>lies
Yeah, eating junk food is good for you.

I love burgers but something about fast food and especially major chains like McDonalds are completely inedible to me. Used to eat them a lot when I was a kid then I stopped for 5+ years for no reason. Now when I eat there my body is telling me "this isn't made out of food."

this guy didn't do a control group so it's a shit experiment

>eat fast food every day for every meal
>get health problems

not him but im sure 98% of americans dont eat fast food for every meal.

Unironically this. The guy is a fucking idiot and all those normies out there that were "really makes you think" are even worse.

This thread opened my eyes. I'm never posting on Sup Forums again.

>Im lovin it
what

Literally eaten at McDonald's over a 100 times this year.

2x Double Cheeseburger
Big Fries

Nothing bad has happened so far.

What's really scary is that there were teachers retarded and uninformed enough to show this in class.

>look at the hamplanets out there they don't cook they do what he did and eat fast food all the time.

Exactly, look at them. You don't need to do that shit yourself to confirm it, the science behind why this was a bad idea was already freely available.

Didnt he just eat like 5000 calories a day?
A normal diet of fast food literally cant make you fat

You'll find that all these retarded agenda documentaries have no grasp on basic concepts of nutrition, or at least choose to omit them to appeal to retards.

Anyone could live a relatively healthy life eating mcdonalds garbage food, as long as they stuck to reasonable amounts of calories, got their vitamins and did minimal exercise.

>got their vitamins
... Which they won't get from eating McDonald's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_supplement

Just Peter Travers being a hack as usual

They told me I’d gain weight after my late 20s. They lied.

a terrible documentary, the ginger guy is really unlikeable too

>ive drank a fifth of vodka a day this year
>nothing bad has happened so far so it can't be bad for me

I had to watch it on 3 separate occasions in school
not so much retarded as much as lazy

>you can be healthy on a diet of junk food as long as you eat your vitamins
Jesus Christ.

Good thing from this movie was that it made "Fathead" possible. And that's one good documentary:

youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE

This movie opened my eyes. I'm never eating McDonalds for every meal for a month and not moving besides to shove 5 hamburgers in my mouth.

Yes?
You can eat almost anything and live a normal life, as long as you count calories and fulfill the basic micronutrional requirements through supplements.

>guy makes a movie bashing McDonald's
>Americans go apeshit

Just because you're not overweight doesn't mean you're healthy.

its legit fake. no university has been able to recreate his results

One of the greatest US cyclists of all time would eat at McDonalds a couple times a day
He even would have to eat mcdonalds during the tour de france and in the olympics

daily reminder that eating 5000 calories per day will make you gain weight and feel like shit no matter what you're eating, PLUS this guy made a bunch of shit up for attention

Stop moving the goalposts.
You implied that fastfood was unhealthy because it lacked vitamins, which is easily offset by supplements.

>Americans think that mixing Flintstones gummies with chocolate ice cream is as healthy as eating a balanced meal

>Americans with no reading comprehension miss the "almost" in front of "anything", which assumes that the reader isn't a fucking retard

I wasn't even the guy you originally responded to what you're saying just sounds retarded.

>mfw my diet of mud cakes is super healthy as long as i eat supplements that are actually good for me

You can eat 5000 calories of fruit and vegetables every day and you'll become obese, and im not even american

I can use mathematical approximation to deduce when I would see liver problems with drinking vodka every day. Can you do the same for my lunch at McDonald's?

I don't understand what you can possible make your arguments on, the idea that McDonald's has some kind of special ingredients that destroys you? C'mon.

I'm not an American. I'm Norwegian and fit as fuck.

>you can eat almost anything
>B-B-BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT

>After his movie came out, many people repeated his experiment themselves, including a number of scientific institutions that applied controls and conducted the research in a scientific manner. At least three other documentary movies were made, Bowling for Morgan, Portion Size Me, and Me and Mickey D, in which the filmmakers lived exclusively on McDonald's food for 30 days but (unlike Spurlock) did not force themselves to overeat when they were not hungry. All filmmakers lost weight during the period and suffered no ill effects; and the subjects in Portion Size Me, which was scientifically controlled, also had improved cholesterol.

Best to stop replying to him. If he isn't being a troll he's quite literally a child

>super healthy
>mud cakes
Keep making shit up.
The diet I'm talking about here is simply what is adequate, which you can't refute.

Reminder that Hannibal King, legendary fit street workout nigger, ate nothing but McDonalds every single day before he got famous on the internet and nutrition sponsors got to him.

>you see, this diet is actually healthy. you just have to add things to it that are healthy

I never understood the fries in the acid "experiment"
Wouldn't you chew food before swallowing? Wouldn't there be other foods in there? Wouldn't the stomach be moving around?

You're right, eating literally the most unhealthy fucking candy you can get your hands on was not a part of my reasonable food options.
I'm sorry to disappoint.

>did not force themselves to overeat when they were not hungry
How fucking convenient to ignore the one factor that causes obesity.

So? It's still shit for your health.

Burger here, I remember we had to watch this in high school and do some homework on it. Was some BS

>if you ever eat at mcdonalds then you must only ever eat junk food, it's impossible to live healthily without eating 100% healthy 24/7

Timestamp where he says that in the movie.

Isn't that the point of the counter-argument against the movie?

Learn the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients, or maybe just learn to read.

Sorry I forgot the /s :)

Pls no downboats!

Begining-End
He eats only McD, gets fat, then says McD made him fat. That's the whole point of the movie.

>Most famously, Swedish scientist Fredrik Nyström conducted an experiment with eighteen students; only he upped the ante — considerably. Rather than Spurlock's 5,000 calories per day, Nyström's subjects were required to consume a measured 6,000 calories per day. The food was controlled to ensure that most of the calories were from saturated fats. The subjects were not allowed to exercise during the 30 days, also unlike Spurlock, who made sure that he walked a normal distance every day. Considering these differences, Nyström's subjects should have been considerably worse off than Spurlock was, but they weren't. They did all gain 5-15% extra body weight, and complained of feeling tired; but none suffered any other negative effects. There were no mysterious psychological problems, no strange conditions that baffled the doctors. Nyström and his medical staff noted no dangerous changes at all. After his experiment, Nyström was asked his opinion of Spurlock's extreme reaction, especially his liver problems. Having never examined Spurlock, Nyström could only guess, but among two of his perfectly reasonable hypotheses were that Spurlock may have had pre-existing undiagnosed liver problems; or that his normally vegetarian diet may have rendered his liver poorly prepared to suddenly deal with a diet high in carbohydrates and saturated fat, a problem that anyone eating a normal diet would not experience. Any cynic can also easily propose a third possibility, that Spurlock was simply trying to make as dramatic, engaging, and commercial a movie as he could, which is the goal of every filmmaker.

>That's the whole point of the movie
So you fell asleep during the first five minutes and then woke up when it was over?

Fast food is as healthy as candy, except it's meal-sized.

Well, yeah, I'm tired from only eating McD all day every day

That obese people don't overeat? Seems like everybody who worked on a counter documentary didn't even bother to check what Spurlock's arguments wete.

to be fair spurlock was 34 when he did this whereas "students" would be in their early twenties probably

if you overeat anything you will get fat

You're right, a mix of meat, vegetables, bread and dairy has the exact same nutritional content as pure sugar.

Then why keep it to McD? Should have had a whole menu of chain foods and more, over eating is over eating.

>eating 5000 calories of hamburgers and milkshakes per day leads to weight gain
wtf McDonalds is poison

>Then why keep it to McD?
Becauae that's what the average American eats? Did you at least watch the fucking documentary?

This is your brain on documentary education.

i dont understand the end goal of these faggots

>its bad for you!

yes, i am an adult and make this choice myself.

>the average American eats 5000 calories per day exclusively from McDonalds

>I didnt watch the film

The average American does not eat only McD

That's the implication the poster to which I was replying made.

So you didn't watch the film. What drives a mentally ill person like you to talk about things you know nothing about?

>its legit fake. no university has been able to recreate his results

Look sweetie clearly you just don't understand #thescience.

Idiocracy was like totally right, Michelle Judge was right about literally everythang.

Americans go this far to defend obesity
>HA HA

Not him, but can you explain the purpose, or message, of this documentary?
I'm genuinely interested.

so he didn't eat 5000 calories per day?

The movie was primarily about McDonald's aggressive and disingenuous marketing practices. The eating experiment was done to show what would happen if you actually ate there three times a day like they want you to. Morgan said right at the beginning that everyone knows fast food is bad for you, and he never made any scientific claims about his dieting.
Critics focus on the eating experiment as if it's what the entire movie is comprised of, and then make strawman arguments like "hurr of course it's bad for you captain obvious" which get parroted by neets who didn't actually watch the movie and need to defend their precious Mickey D's from the evil lettuce shills.

>being this much of a faggot
You're going to die anyways, those animals are going to suffer regardless of if you go become a Keto Vegan for the rest of your life or not.
McDonalds is delicious, I eat it about 2 times a week. I usually get a 20 piece nugget meal with a large fries and a diet coke and 2 cheese burgers. I get some that some people find it pointless to get a diet coke, but honestly, if you can get the same great coke taste but just reduce all the sugar, wouldn't you do it every time?

>yawwwn le cool and detached response
Man, being 12 was cool.

no, the argument against it is that the results were fake and cant be reproduced

But why didn't he just stick to a 1500-2000 calorie diet?
How did he damage his liver from that diet?

but you can eat there 3 meals per day and be healthy

you can't eat 5000 calories per day anywhere and be healthy

>aggressive and disingenuous marketing practices
Reminds me of this documentary.

>cant be reproduced
Because they were not deliberately overeating (which is a crucial part of the experimenting) and the super size me option option had been discontinued.

yes they were you little faggot

see

This movie opened my eyes. I'm never eating at McDonald's for every meal of every day for a month again.

>did gain weight
>did feel tired
>only "discerning" aspect was the lack of "psychological effects" which could've been exaggerated for dramatic purposes anyway
And still missing the point of the experiment, what do you know.

>first day
>eats a super sized meal
>cant handle eating 1single super sized meal
>vomits like a child

Fuck you communist, I'll just eat there six times a day during my next 30 Days McDonalds binge!
#mcdonaldprideworldwide

Are you retarded?
Eating a surplus of calories will always cause you to gain weight, even if you chicken breast, brown rice and spinach.

>exaggerated for dramatic purposes
Hey, looks like you understood the basis for most of the criticism anyway.

also no heart or liver or penis problems

No it wouldn't. Eating 5000 calories of animal products, vegetables, and oils/fats is much different than eating twinkies and fries all day.

Calories are a fucking meme to begin with, and what people should be paying attention to are Macronutrients, Nutrient Density, and Carbohydrates. Losing weight isn't fucking rocket science. But, some assholes made shit complicated for some people. I.e. the fat retards that can't recognize that eating pasta/bread 20x a day is equivalent to eating jars full of sugar.

>Diet Coke
Thank god I am not mentally-handicapped like you.

So this Morgan guy was a prototype for all the bug men that work at Buzzfeed?

show me a diet where I can eat 5000 calories per day and not gain weight