/who/ - Doctor Who General

Kino edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

pagefillers.com/dwrg/anghelides.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Cole_(writer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone have a download link for that new poetry book?

The writer's a legitimately good writer. Apart from fapping potential, one could learn some characterization tips from him.

sent ;)

If I found a time machine, I might run around history, pretending to be a Time Lord, and leave clues in history.

I have never fapped to any DW erotica in my life.

I just did - thanks ;)

>people who fap to anything Who related

Good for you.

I mean, people have been fapping to Who stuff since the classic days of Zoe's cat-suit.

>>
I AM LITERALLY DOING IT RIGHT NOW AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

HAHAHAHA

Have you fapped to Who before, Immigrant?

Weirdly, no. I think seeing Who as "family entertainment" makes it a bit weird for me, though of course I find the actresses attractive.

great thread lads

I didn't want this, Lym!

Dubs and Lym has fapped to Jess before

/who/, if you found out Time Lords were real, what would you ask them?

I prefer neo and mcganon's wholesome flirting to immigrant creepily droning on about his fucking wanking habits. Can we get the thread back on track. Who do we hope gatiss is playing?

>Who do we hope gatiss is playing?
A metaphor for the Doctor's wanking habits.

both should stop + who cares, everyone's gonna be too drunk to give a damn - I know I will be!

I'd ask them to make me a time lord

ask them whether or not looming is canon

>being an alcoholic

I'd probably ask for an alien biology book. I want to know how alien sequential hermaphroditism compares to bluehead wrasse and wood ducks.

Also I'd want to know whether the flying primate fruit bat thing is legit.

Apparently I'm really boring.

It'll be christmas you fucking killjoy - does your Imam let you have a bit of a tipple then, or do you have to be tee-total all year?

t. Rick and Morty fan

How does that make me a R&M fan?

You would probably have to go study at their academy first. Since their babies already know fourth dimensional math, might end up tough.

Finally, the canon debates would be settled.

That's not boring at all. Actually, it would be interesting to see what animals have grown on another planet.

>a bit of a tipple

Does the Tipple Master visit your house for the holidays?

God I wish he did. I'd love to have him stand in the middle of the room with a lampshade over his head with his hands tied with some cable.

yeah what weirdos haha :^)

mega.nz/#!NFkADThA!mOZ8a1cJWNnQS_EAG0daQsHycXHkTl8zktanGJz9FZg

Thank you very much friend

post claras

>he doesn't fap to capaldi

haha get a load of this pleb over here guys

this is the best thread in ages

what kind of cow is the green one

>don't even have four characters to use
>clearly holding up traffic
>people taking pictures in the background
Shit.

they'd probably give you a book on alien anatomy as a form of mockery, as it is tediously simplistic to them. It'd like a someone who is mesmerized by a waggling string to them. Reminds me of an episode of red dwarf where they brought jesus on board the ship and tried to show off their hi tech stuff but he was just too captivated by a simple bag to care.

Only just realized that the first Eight Time War audio set is out, any opinions on it while I wait for my shitty third world internet to deliver?

9/11

I think the elements RTD drew from Genesis of the Daleks - the Time Lords staging a temporal attack against the Daleks, the Doctor as a renegade agent in a conflict between the Time Lords and the Daleks, the idea of a temporal attack in the first place - are more fundamental to the NewWho Time War than those Loz elements honestly. A 1975 Terry Nation serial pretty soundly precludes even the Moore comics Loz drew from. The whole Time War premise in the first place is a pretty natural outgrowth from fundamental Doctor Who ideas anyway (a time traveller goes around righting wrongs, there's an evil warmongering race he sometimes fights, he comes from a race with mastery over time travel) so I don't think there's much sense in trying to pin any one person as its progenitor.
Really, what I was speaking to was more just that I find the whole gatekeeping over a lot of the wilderness era extremely offputting, and, as I see it, the narrative that NewWho unfairly plagiarises wilderness writers smacks of unfounded insecurity. Nobody is saying NewWho doesn't draw from the wilderness era, least of all RTD and Moff themselves. Consistently posturing otherwise teeters too close to making some sort of identity out of enjoying more obscure media than most people, to my eyes. And if someone is deriving a substantial portion of their self worth from the media they consume, well, they have a lot bigger problems than whether certain Doctor Who authors are getting their fair due.

Not bad, a fair sight more enjoyable than Doom Coalition at any rate, I'd say. First story does some enjoyable timey-wimey things, and while the next three falter a bit at times (they're still overall good though), 8 is pleasant in them as opposed to grimdark. Better than the usual Dorney/Fitton fare.

Which wilderness years writer is most likely to write dr who themed smut?

>teeters too close to making some sort of identity out of enjoying more obscure media than most people, to my eyes. And if someone is deriving a substantial portion of their self worth from the media they consume, well, they have a lot bigger problems than whether certain Doctor Who authors are getting their fair due.
That's really well put. It's why I can't stand Planet Mondas or Whonatics types either, they do the same thing but with Classic Who.

I wouldn't ask for much just for....

>immortality
>hyper intelligence
>ability to shapeshift at will
>ability to understand and communicate with all living things
>means to travel through time and space
>anything else that would give me godlike powers

Than i'd travel the universe exploring habitable planets and discovering the variety of lifeforms there as well as watching the progress of humanity and other intelligent races. And i would go back to my own time period and re-live it when ever i got homesick.

I'm a simple man with a simple dream, but life will grant me none of these ;-;

Sorry I'm a bit late to the game, but the fanfic you're thinking of is called 'Compulsion' by EllyF

I'm trying to understand the stewardship of the EDAs a bit better. I'm drawing mostly from
pagefillers.com/dwrg/anghelides.htm and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Cole_(writer)
Anyone know how accurate this is?

The Nuala Buffini era
(The Eight Doctors - War of the Daleks)
editorial vision of simpler, less challenging, less "adult" novels

The Stephen Cole era
(Alien Bodies - The Ancestor Cell)
hitched his star (and story-arcs) to notorious genius Lawrence Miles. Miles' ideas didn't necessarily lend themselves to a shared universe... or, at least, to a shared universe that still had an uncertainly-characterized Doctor, several writers with minimal contact, an over-worked editor, and a mandate to produce Doctor Who fiction

The Justin Richards era
(The Burning - The Gallifrey Chronicles)
shown a tendency to get a bit more out of his authors

^Not my words. Curious if true though. And where to find more info on how those three ran the range, their styles, etc.

youre in too deep man. you werent even reading the books at all until you were seduced.

>i think its much more likely that you're feeling guilty about making a mistake and think you can make yourself feel better by making a grand noble gesture, isnt that nearer the truth?

why arent nuwho companions this fucking savage?

>how self induglent can you be!, you wont be happy until you're dead!

You literally just made that quote up

Ploughed through ur whole of Extras last night. Was nice to see Ten in the last episode.

this is bait

He didn't attribute the quote and it shows nothing on Google.

its from charley,

Your quote is, his isn't.

they were both me, i forgot my trip for the first one

Then I'm a dumb fuckin fag aren't I

>DONNA: How do you kill a wasp? Drown it, just like his father.
>DOCTOR: Donna, that thing couldn't help itself.
>DONNA: Neither could I.

reminder donna literally kills someone in her second episode and its never mentioned again

Reminder that Steven Berkoff is a dick

Do Judoon have testicles?

You haven't always found the implication clear?

To expand, I just mean, RTD doesn't exactly hide his thoughts about rhinos...we all remember that one section of The Writer's Tale, don't we...

In hindsight, they should have just used the Judoon designs for NuWho Sontarans, like say after repeated losses, the Sontar fleet decided to implement DNA splicing to increase their strength, which resulted in the new Sontarans looking like Rhinos.

How about no. He thinks sans is ness.

Intriguing idea. I quite like the Judoon though. Pic related is a rather sweet and comfy audio with one.

That would be dumb. Like I'm genuinely not sure what the advantage of that would be.

It's not something I'd go for myself, but I think monster combinations can be executed well. The World Shapers does a great job. Daleks in Manhattan does not...

LAZLO!

>have the opportunity to develop the Daleks in character and lore and do something new with them
>end up with Octodad

Everything Evolution of the Daleks tried to do was done a million times better in The Evil of the Daleks anyway.

It's a shame. The Cult of Skaro was actually an interesting idea. Wasted. RIP Rabe.

The Dalek Time Controller in the audios does some of the good ideas from the Cult of Skaro too, a Dalek not thinking like other Daleks, melding with a human consciousness, etc.

why was capaldi who so perfect bros? how did moffat manage to do three seasons of pure kino after the mess that was s6 and s7?

7b was okay probably because it was 50th year and the hype was building

Moff got a new executive producer for The Time of the Doctor, Brian Minchin, who brought out the best in him from then on.

fuk u all Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks was kino

Only series 8 and 9 were Kino, series 10 was absolute Rubbish.

I disagree.

It was definitely worse imo.

TFW Capaldi and Tennant are both equally my favorite two Doctors. I must be an oddity here.

I'm sorry you feel that way

the last two parts of the monk trilogy were pretty meh but I enjoyed it otherwise imo

it wasn't as good as 9 but I still had a good time, plus the last two episodes were probably the best two parter moffat's ever done.

me too desu

I hate everything about Matt Smith's Doctor and in tenure, everything is so goofy, Amy is a non person and a walking sexual innuendo. Rory was okay. The villains were bad, unimaginative and even goofy for Doctor who. The Darker tone of some Capaldi episodes and even Tennant/Eccleston in certain eps is when who was at it's best,

i liked 11 but not his episodes, series 5 was okay though.

Series 9 is the worst series Doctor Who
Not baiting

And I say that as a fan!

it was great other than the endings for the finale and monks, if both of those were good it would have been fucking GOAT

The finale was celery though.

>the main criticism of this episode is a human-dalek design which has literally nothing to do with the writing

Hi Helen.

Why do you think that? Curious.