Is it engaging?

Is it engaging?

just watch it if you're mildly interested you faggot. I doubt your pea brain won't figure it out in the first 30 minutes like I did.

The first act most certainly isn't. Worth a watch though

no
>Worth a watch though
no

It is most certainly kino. I thought about it a lot the day after, it really lingers in the mind

No, it's extremely generic, maybe you'd like it if all you watch is capeshit.

Meh. You might get into it but the film keeps slipping into tv drama quality every other scene. The acting is pretty bad and the main reveal is actually a big dissapointment, really pedestrian "did this really warrant a movie?" kind of deal (the reason it did is literally spelled out for you on screen, it's an awareness piece about unequal representation of native American women in crime statistics)

It's not bad enough that you can't sit through it but similarly not good enough that you should sit through it. Comfy wilderness shots and goodlooking blowback effects when Renner snipes humans but that's about the only good that can be said.

its almost like True Detective 3

No it's not.

>mystery is presented
>flashback shows exactly what happened, depleting any of the mystery at all, and movie turns to straight action

meh

No. It´s mediocre entertainment. I really liked Hell or High Water, so this really let me down. Renner is inoperative, and sorry, but I don´t understand the hype around Olsen. The story is stupid and the native american topic is undercooked and feel like an excuse to inject a bland solemnity.

Best film of the year.
Evidently it's too much for the Thor: Ragnarok watching mouth breathers that reside here.

this

t. psueds

>>flashback shows exactly what happened, depleting any of the mystery at all,
You mean the flashback that happens right after it should be blindingly obvious who killed the girl, and happens immediately before the 'action scene' that lasts 2 minutes?

that ruined it for me. it was not needed at all and it was mediocre otherwise. bland storytelling mixed with dare I say predictable plot not touching any new ground or exploring anything beyond whats safe to do so.

good post

funny you say that considering it's the type of movie that crowd would watch when they want to watch "a serious film"

Mystery's aren't good if the mystery is blindingly obvious.

Hell on high water was way better. that being said the nature stuff was really nice and it has some kino moments.

>the main reveal is actually a big dissapointment
I figured it out the second they mentioned the 2 possible places nearby the corpse. I still highly enjoyed the climax.

Youre an idiot.

It was the very definition of average

It was no worse than Hell or High Water. Sheridan has no sense of subtlety but at least he's trying to tell stories and not just making dishonest postmodern wank

It's about the only good film this year if you have a brain.

Weird way to spell Blade Runner 2049
And even if you meme against it, Phantom Thread is releasing this year too
And Killing of a Sacred Deer was fun as fuck

>And Killing of a Sacred Deer was fun as fuck
Didn't see that but i expect it to be good and PTA being bad is a meme Phantom Thread will trump everything.

>Blade Runner 2049
Wind River is better.

>It's about the only good film this year if you have a brain
explain why then what was good about it

It's obvious from the scene where Renner is explaining the area to Olsen's character. As soon as I heard there was a mine nearby, I knew that's where the rape happened, and I would have been employees of the mine; that kind of thing happens all the time on reservations.

IMO, giving away the mystery like that pretty genius. The movie isn't actually a murder mystery and never really tries to be if you know anything about Native politics; it's a drama about the state of law enforcement on reservations.

it wasnt a mine you fucking retard goblin like anybody can take seriously what you say

My bad, I misremembered because I saw it months ago.

>explain why then what was good about it
It had a lot of maturity about it's subject that you could miss if you didn't really think about it, if this movie was made by jews it'd have damned whites and spoonfed some aesop about us all getting along. But it tried to present an honest case, no rocket science but Sup Forums induldges in hipster nonsense all the time(Good Time,Columbus) so i thought to comment.