Budget: $100 million

Budget: $100 million
Box office: $7.1 million

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_box_office_bombs#Biggest_box_office_bombs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzzyx_Road
msn.com/en-us/news/other/ryan-goslings-directorial-debut-bombs-with-reviewers-at-cannes/ar-AA1Tysk
youtube.com/watch?v=BPQQe2fFM3Q
youtu.be/MXC1p4Y-TuE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unironically the worst movie I've ever seen.

>Reddit

Did Armando like it?

unironically the best movie I've ever seen.

kino

ironically a movie I've never seen

Eddie Murphy movies are pretty much all shitty, even his best ones are just eh. His two standup specials are 100x funnier.

Has any movie lost more in returns? The marketing budget was probably 30mil on top of that budget.

???

He was good as musshu

Was this flick any good

Surprisingly Beverly Hills Cop 3 was an ultra shitfest as well.

Eddie Murphy should have played more roles

I thought it was ok desu

Eddie Murphy is the ultimate pleb filter. His works have multiple layers of meaning and the themes they face are usually much to deep of the grasp of your average moviegoer. I do believe that Eddie is one of the most underrated actors of both the XX and the XIX century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_box_office_bombs#Biggest_box_office_bombs

Bowfinger was underated, but the first Nutty Professor was his last best

>cutthroat island
>cowboys vs aliens
>gods of egypt
>treasure planet
>tomorrowland
>47 ronin
FUCK ME how are they flops? They're average/good movies fucking hell

47 ronin was one of the fucking cringiest movie's i've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

>This can't happening, I'm incharge here

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzzyx_Road

>Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
>budget
$137,000,000
>gross
$85,100,000

It's not fair, that movie was fucking good

It was my friend. I feel you. I admit being disappointed when I saw it at the theatre but in hindsight it wasn't half bad.

I watched this movie years before it came out from high quality Chinese bootleg when i worked at a video store, i though it was an old movie until i saw the announcement of it coming out, then it didn't make theaters near me, i was confused now it makes sense.

>How are they flops?

Every single one of those movies relies on spectacle over substance. Not saying that you can't sell a movie on spectacle, but it's so much harder to do that in the age of CGI stunt work where nothing is truly "holy shit how did they do that?" because the answer is "a render farm and a handful of underpaid nerds."

What did they mean by this?

This

It was embarrassing

They're still with her

now I'm gonna watch it

What's the biggest bomb ever?

Um, possibly that she has been a career politician for decades.

>Mars Needs Moms (2011)
>Budget: $150,000,000
>Gross: $39,000,000

WOOF

my (black) friend keeps telling me to watch this because it's supposedly funny af
also my filipino barber keeps telling me to watch harold and kumar for the same reason

how do you explain capeshit printing money?

John Carter. Funny enough, it wasn't even that terrible.

I'm the user who said it was good. Honestly I see the other guys' point but it's still a fun movie with Keanu

coming to America
trading places
hills cop 1
nutty professor
hills cop 3

saw it sometime this year, it wasn't that bad.
corny as fuck, but not that ridiculous considering eddie murphy films.

Most of these movies are calculated risks. Almost none of them are make or break films.

Let's look at the movie bomb on a higher scale of risk and reward. Take for instance Ryan Gosling's Lost River. This sort of bomb has slammed the door shut on his career as anything above leading man.

msn.com/en-us/news/other/ryan-goslings-directorial-debut-bombs-with-reviewers-at-cannes/ar-AA1Tysk

Nothing, thank god

There's no fucking way John Carter bombed harder than Mars Needs Moms or Monster Trucks

It's based on previously established and popular media, spearheaded by charismatic performances and by this point, sheer momentum.

>all those 2016 movies

living proof that only capeshit matters anymore, cinema is dead

The movie lost $400,000,000 at the time, the head of movies at Disney got fired over it.

It was good but it wasn’t a final fantasy movie

It was a movie with the word "fantasy" in the name that turned out to be a sci-fi. It was fated to be dead on arrival. They were idiots for going the tech route when everybody associates the franchise with magic and big swords.

>it wasn't even that terrible.
No, it was a solid "good" and arguable "great"

>super inflated currency
>Clinton
about right.

Holy shit! How!? It was a good movie! I’m baffled by that.

It's actually a fantastic film. It didn't deserve the heat it got.

Very underrated. I own it on dvd and bluray.

And it is a pretty bad movie as well. I don't think it had a single joke that managed to hit the mark.

Honestly, it would make for a good FPS game. Too bad that Square decided to put the name FINAL FANTASY to it.

Hell no, it's one of the movies that I'll always regret seeing in cinema.

It looked really good for its time, but that can't excuse the ultra-shitty story. It also wasn't a Final Fantasy movie at all.

It came out 5 years too late

Did Rango make it's money back? Best CGI film ever.

Pluto Nash takes place in the alternate timeline where we colonize space instead of dying in a nuclear holocaust against North Korea.

i'm ashamed to admit i've seen pluto nash a few times

That's actually Hollywood accounting. Square took the construction costs for their CGI studio and included it in the budget, but did not include selling off the building in their profit. Actual movie was $30m.

It's in the same "metaverse" as the Final Fantasy games in that it involves the spirit crystal of one planet invading the spirit crystal of another planet, which is essentially the endgame plots of FF9 and FF14, but it was missing the genre trademarks people were expecting yes.

inflated budgets for retarded ideas

>100m for a fucking ben-hur remake

>hollywood accounting

I literally can't go to sleep thinking Hollywood is gonna make a box office bomb so big it's gonna cripple our fucking economy.

I always thought Pluto Nash and this were the same movie

>black dudes in capes
>saw them both in blockbuster

Coming To America, though.

I legit thought we were talking about this other movie

Not all.
>Coming To America.
>Beverley Hills Cop 1, 2 and 3.

>Budget: $100 million
>Box office: $7.1 million

Killed by the curse of Hillary Clinton. Not even joking.

In one scene in the movie he attempts to pay someone using American currency that features a photo of "President" Hillary Clinton. They used this bit in the trailer. Killed the entire movie.

>Trading Places
>48 Hours
>Beverly Hill Cops
>Coming to America
all great films

All true user. Eddie had a good run in the 80s

Wait we weren't? What the fuck I remember Bill Cosby starring in this movie when I watched it as a kid

Got any proof, OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=BPQQe2fFM3Q

This is the last movie I enjoyed of these two.

The moon is a prison colony.

kek

I really wish I could see the accounting on movies like this, because even minus the stars' salaries I can't began to fathom where the money went. I mean, there isn't a single scene in this whole movie that looks like money was spent on it.

Trading Places is such a comfy view of America during the Reagan Era of prosperity

This movie is weird, also the ending of the trailer, :(

youtu.be/MXC1p4Y-TuE

Article literally says it was intentional.

>Grillo was uninterested in releasing the film domestically until it underwent foreign distribution
What an idiot

and they put pictures of the inmates on the money?