So I saw a thread about this webcomic the other day here in Sup Forums and liked the art so decided to check it up and...

So I saw a thread about this webcomic the other day here in Sup Forums and liked the art so decided to check it up and what the fuck is wrong with you, Sup Forums?
Not even mexican soap operas are this melodramatic.

By the way, if someone tries to kill himself after something you said or did, it's not your fault. You're not responsible for other's mind health.

The people who like it have been at it for a long time.
The author and her hubby use highschool clique tactics with fans who get too close, ensuring they read and support forever.
Some people read comics, no matter the quality, for something to drown out their lives.

I don't think terribly many people like it, but that's why it has the fans it does.

The overdrama is what makes it fun

>By the way, if someone tries to kill himself after something you said or did, it's not your fault. You're not responsible for other's mind health.

Feelings aren't rational and even if you hate the people you're close to if you say some shit and then they try to kill themselves because they're nuts you'll end up wondering if you had something to do with it.

you will end up wondering if you have empathy, ok, that's fine.

What is not fine is people ostracizing you for it like you really are to blame.

Again I think you misunderstand how emotions work, they're not rational but rather visceral and impulsive. People only later think through things like this and realize they were being dicks, or they rationalize it as fine.

I'm not misunderstanding anything, we're talking about different things. I'm not saying the person who did or said something rude shouldn't think "oh my, maybe I exagerated" or something, what I'm saying is, if the other person decides to kill himself over it, the person who said or did something shouldn't be blamed for it.

Take for example the comic in question. Mike was super rude and said some terrible stuff , although the core message was right, he had reason on his side, but Lucy has problems that are not his fault. Her actions after the fight can be only imputable to her.

I think Mike's "friends" are a bunch of assholes and he always get the short end of the stick and this is one more situation where this happened

I'm saying that when his friends first found out several of them were angry but later stopped being so

You make it sound like Paulo initiated a thousand year grudge against Mike

he took some punches though

I don't agree; with exceptions in the really old deviant art strips I think this comic is pretty good at avoiding being *over*-dramatic. The big dramatic climaxes are always rooted in the characters' personalities. The one that attempted suicide was always maladjusted and unstable, it's just that things finally came to a head. There were ways out even after things got bad but those same character flaws stopped it from turning out better.

Cartoon cats are cute.

jesus just wait for the new page to come out to make the thread

Jesus OP slow your rolls you still got 3 hours till the page comes out

This is using the comic as a general topic, though, not responding to a new page.

Sup Forums losts it's clout through things like this. Sad to see how the threads for this comic always reach 300+ replies. Embarrassing

>Sup Forums losts it's clout
wut

i dont mind that its a general topic, but people already complain about the threads coming up per page update is all

Bitching about a thread per update of a running comic is stupid, but by the same token you might say a single thread of bitching isn't a problem. It's like like active threads get pushed off the end for lack of space.

I used to enjoy it to an extent, but then they really dialed up the cliches to the point where it's embarrassing to think that two adults are writing this.

Their tumblr page is always pre-approved praise from prepubescent fans who also discuss their self diagnosed mental disorders and how the comic helped them. It really comes off as a lot of ego stroking.

>they really dialed up the cliches to the point where it's embarrassing
elaborate

At first it was a standard tsundere comic written by a highschooler. Not great at all, but enough focus was put on the characters being their own separate personalities that it was entertaining.

In recent years, however, you get the feeling that the authors kinda feel like what they're making is some epic tale that helps people, and so you end up with plot arcs that involve slight misunderstandings being the basis point, with an emphasis on how super serious the problems of high school relationships are.

Not to mention the obvious pandering in making old characters gay now for some reason, because it honestly feels like the only two ways the authors know how to give a character depth are to make them gay, or to make them have secret feelings for other characters.

Furfags go back to /trash/

>so you end up with plot arcs that involve slight misunderstandings being the basis point
I don't really agree. There are misunderstandings but these are caused by the characters' personalities. They fuck shit up constantly but I think in believable ways especially considering they're dumb teenagers.

>Not to mention the obvious pandering in making old characters gay now for some reason
That was pretty weak. Have to admit I started skimming over those chapters.

Supposedly furries don't like this comic because it isn't fappable enough. The author started drawing some of these characters when she was a child and copied the talking cat thing from Garfield.

>Woman with serious problems with self-confidence and husband who feeds her bad habits.
>Ego stroking.

You don't say.
Suit is a bad person.

Lmao you're not fooling anybody, you made basically the same thread last week and then had this huge autistic meltdown of insults for anyone who disagreed with you.

Taeshi drew R E L A T A B L E comics about her life before it was cool.

They make her look like a prick, though. Andersen and Owlturd didn't use that in their formulas.

Joke's on you, asshole: I'm the one who made the thread asking about the surge of popularity, and I'm not retarded enough to invite that kind of trainwreck twice.

It's funny watching the fans call all dissenting opinions samefaggotry and take everything personally, though.

Have you noticed how many times the characters cry in this comic? This is not healthy

I kept up with it years ago but eventually I got tired with how much of a bastard everyone acts so i stopped reading

>R E L A T A B L E

Maybe if you're 15.

Memesters go back to le Reddit.

Some people will read literal garbage if it has cute furry waifus in it, and pretend it's not garbage to feel better about themselves.

While the ultimate blame is for the one that pulled the trigger or in this case threw themselves off a building, you cannot say that someone who helped them get to that emotional state is entirely guiltless.
Also theres already a BCB thread up, move your bitching there.

Soups is a questionable person at best and at worst should be congratulated for keeping his own ship alive for so fucking long through so much bullshit
Though i really will never think of him as anything other than a mildly retarded douche for how he moved his famly to fucking jew york on only a webcomics income.

>They make her look like a prick, though
BPD is basically "sentimental asshole, the mental illness".
Shes fucking weird.

wtf is this furry shit