Do you watch movies alone at the cinema sometimes?

Do you watch movies alone at the cinema sometimes?

i usually do

This was the first that I watched alone. Pretty great experience in the theater

yes I do. I go during the day or sometimes even in the morning. Normally only a few people are in the theater, and it is amazing. No people near you talking or loudly eating chips. Also I saw blade runner 2049 alone twice, it was magical. If you try to go during day you will notice that going alone is nothing out of the ordinary , if there is 20 people in the theater there is always a few who came alone. Having said that, when watching comedies I slightly prefer if there is at least 1/3 theater full , something about hearing other people laughing makes the experience better, but for serious movies the emptier the better.

I never went to the cinema alone in my life. whats even the point? just torrent and watch it at home

Comedies, horror movies, and capeshit I try not to watch alone as being with people makes it more enjoyable and you hardly have to follow the plot.

Other kinds of movies like Bladerunner for example I’ll go in alone since I want to take it all in. If I go again it will be with friends and I wont feel annoyed if we talk during the movie.

I only watch 2 movies alone.

Tokyo Drift at the age of 12 and Birdman.

Now im in the cinema about to watch my 3rd one alone Blade Runner

Usually. I go early in the morning, they have an early bird discount on top of of the matinee price, and the theater is usually almost empty. Maybe a few old people, or some other random school shooter looking guy, and that's it. It's pretty great.

>something about hearing other people laughing makes the experience better
now I understand why burgers put laugh tracks in their tv shows. and I always thought it was because burgers were too stupid to understand when to laugh and when something was supposed to be funny

Better sound system bigger screen

Yes, it's one of my only chances to get a break from my pestering friends who like OP, are colossal faggots. God it's so hard to get a moment of respite as a 21st century intellectual.

>Better sound system
nothing beats decent earphones

and on bigger screen: just sit closer to the monitor you twat

I also hate laughing tracks, but when you are at the theater things are a little bit different. a couple of times I watched comedies at almost empty theater I being there all alone and laughing.. I don't know... it just made the whole experience quite honestly a bit sad. You go to comedies for entertainment, watching that stuff when people are near you makes it better

Do you watch Rick and Morty?

its 4/5ths chick movies with gf
1/5th action movies with gf
and once every 3 years sci-fi flick by myself not having to turn and explain shit every ten minutes

lol what a dumb pleb

Yes. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Decent theatre sound systems are objectively better than your headphones

Yeah, when I want to watch a new movie and none of my 2 friends wanna join.

Bullshit

Going to the cinema alone, during the day is patrician. Almost nobody else in the theater so you get the best seat. It's the most immersive film experience you can have. I usually get really fucking stoned before going

I usually go with my friends and if it's a movie they're not interested in I'll ask my parents if they want to see it

how? cinemas are often far too loud and the sound is polluted by all kinds of shit

no u

I dont smoke but once did with some friends and we watched Hot Tub Timr Machine, by the middle of the movie i had an existential crisis, cant imagine being stoned while watching Blade Runner

>sometimes

Go to a decent cinema and you'll realise how great a fully fledged and well calibrated surround sound system is. You literally can't replicate that soundstage with headphones

I am talking about earphones

No, I don't own a falcon.

enjoy

The experience of watching a great movie in an empty or near-empty theater is close to unbeatable.

However, having to silently stand up and exit the theater while other groups of people chat as soon the film ends is extremely bizarre because when I watch a film at home alone, I always say something outloud to myself.

>21st century intellectual

Jesus fucking christ

No there's the no singles policy and it's enforced very strongly at my local kinoplex. I was even denied entry one night when I tried to go by myself. It was very embarrassing. I usually go with one of my sisters and pretend that it's my gf.......

Yes, it's fucking amazing. You get the whole room to yourself, nothing to interrupt you from the kino, can sit where ever you want and eat as loudly as you want.

Don't forget farting. I enjoy farting very very loudly when I'm alone in the cinema. I'm a girl btw.

>i usually do
This

Just saw it for the third time with my dad, but the first 2 times I went alone

Yeah I do, was surprised by actual good seats too

>wow that pie on the window sill looks delicious
>I think ill go steal it or whatever
pro-tip, if you wouldn't brag about this in real life then why do it online?
sorry, but the way you just csually dropped that line really bothers me and im not in a good mood today

Currently doing so in salt lake for the Florida project. Comfy

Always.

Only when I don't have anyone else to go with. Half of the fun is discussing the movie afterward.

I did go to see BR2049 alone, though (the first time). As it turned out, I was the only one in the theater (it was a weekday matinée), which felt kind of strange.

>No people near you talking or loudly eating chips.
Man, I don't know where all of you people live that run into these problems. Around here, people are virtually always respectful of those around them.

You do know that laugh tracks are relatively rare now, right? A handful of sitcoms still use them, but most don't.

But yes, it was supposed to simulate the experience of watching a live show with an audience. Many early American comedies Like I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners were recorded in front of a live studio audience using a multi-camera setup (some were originally broadcast live). In the late '50s, through the '60s, this mostly gave way to shows filmed with a single camera, and canned laughter was added to these to simulate the now absent audience. Then in the '70s, All in the Family revived the live studio audience, and other sitcoms followed suit, so that by the mid-80s, virtually all of them were using this style. In the '90s, the single-camera style was revived, but now universally without the widely-derided laugh track. At the same time, some of the multi-camera shows ditched the studio audience for canned laughter (How I Met Your Mother did this), or kept it but started "sweetening" the audience reaction in post-production.